Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In need for a major change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default In need for a major change

Arcane legends is as frustrating as ever, personally i think this is the most inactive couple of months in the game, however old and new players will be coming to the new expansion, and there has to be something to make them stick around, this SHOULD NOT BE another -run of the mill- expansion , meaning we need something new not just a couple of new gears and a maps, anyways its happens that i have a couple of suggestions in mind that would create a major change i believe.

PvP&guilds : Now you'd wonder why would i put guilds and pvp in the same paragraph, well its because pvp is very related to guilds, the most exciting thing is the rivalry and competitiveness between guilds, and i would suggest focusing on that and here are some pin pointers i'd like to address :

1- Same 5 vs 5 system but maybe change the map a bit, its been the same for too long.

2- It's extremely hard to finish a season as the number 1# guild so every member of the 1# guild should be rewarded with a banner at least! .

3- Give the chance to each guild to design a special symbol , banner or something of the sort that Distinguishes the members of it from other guilds , or at least the top 10-20 guilds.

4- 5 vs 5 is really fun, but i mean players have been asking for this for a long time, please make a duel option or a room, everyone likes to 1 vs 1 without being interrupted from time to time .

5- last but not least there should be a major tournament at the end of each year/season that everyone would look up to , and maybe a mid-season tournament which would be less of a big deal, this would encourage players to keep up.

PVE : i believe you are on the right track by making the mythic pendent recipe only obtained by farming, just encourage players to do more PVE.

Debuffing : Im not an expert on economy , but nerfing an item/pet after players had already bought it and spent hard earned gold, can really effect the economy negatively, honestly i dont know what to buy anymore, because there is always a possibility it will get nerfed, i know its sometimes necessary but at least try to do it less often.

These are my suggestions for now, i will be adding more later , feel free to share yours and to comment on mine as long as its constructive .
    Last edited by RIP; 05-05-2015 at 02:59 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RIP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Hi, fellow legend.

First, let me introduce myself. I'm a L10 twink from the very beginning, since Jan 2013. And have experienced a lot as a PvP warrior. I'll reply all of your #s.

1. You simply asked for a new CTF map but with a different environment. That is not what I, or we, want. I only want a brand new PvP system, like the guild war, 1v1, LIVE 1v1 ring box, LIVE PvP match, etc. It's more interesting than today's PvP. It will refresh the game, and that's definitely what we want.

2. Nah, I've already had enough with discontinued banners/limited ones. Plat or gold reward will encourage more guilds to reach the top. Or at least the top 3 or 10 or the whole 50 have to receive the benefit.

3. I'm still finding the meaning of this sentence, so perhaps I will edit this one.

4. This has been asked for so many times but still 0 response. I bet they will ignore this one and won't take it into consideration as a suggestion anymore.
    For the 1v1, I posted my idea: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post2145660

5. This my friend, is the most interesting idea I'd like to see implemented to the game. A contest that held certainly in of course a certain amount of time. With some events while we wait, there is no reason to not wait for the competition! But still, if it is a PvP then at least give the contestants the same gears and that'd be 1000% amazing. Will have my first capped character then if this is happening!

Thanks for putting these up.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    Hi, fellow legend.

First, let me introduce myself. I'm a L10 twink from the very beginning, since Jan 2013. And have experienced a lot as a PvP warrior. I'll reply all of your #s.

1. You simply asked for a new CTF map but with a different environment. That is not what I, or we, want. I only want a brand new PvP system, like the guild war, 1v1, LIVE 1v1 ring box, LIVE PvP match, etc. It's more interesting than today's PvP. It will refresh the game, and that's definitely what we want.

2. Nah, I've already had enough with discontinued banners/limited ones. Plat or gold reward will encourage more guilds to reach the top. Or at least the top 3 or 10 or the whole 50 have to receive the benefit.

3. I'm still finding the meaning of this sentence, so perhaps I will edit this one.

4. This has been asked for so many times but still 0 response. I bet they will ignore this one and won't take it into consideration as a suggestion anymore.
    For the 1v1, I posted my idea: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post2145660

5. This my friend, is the most interesting idea I'd like to see implemented to the game. A contest that held certainly in of course a certain amount of time. With some events while we wait, there is no reason to not wait for the competition! But still, if it is a PvP then at least give the contestants the same gears and that'd be 1000% amazing. Will have my first capped character then if this is happening!

Thanks for putting these up.
    Thank you very much for your constructive feed back , you do have a point but as for twinking trust me it's way more different than end-game pvp so it has different requirements, and more guilds trying to reach the top = more activity = more competition = more fun i do not see why this would be a problem, btw i did not suggest any gold or plat reward of any kind.
    Last edited by RIP; 05-05-2015 at 03:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Thank you very much for your constructive feed back , you do have a point but as for twinking trust me it's way more different than end-game pvp so it has different requirements, and more guilds trying to reach the top = more activity = more competition = more fun i do not see why this would be a problem, btw i did not suggest any gold or plat reward of any kind.
    I should have apologized from the first that I'm seeing this at one's perspective only. But at end-game, I find there's no difference with low lvl PvP except gears and 1 shot. Is there any difficulty to make it into a 5 L41 men fighting another 5? I think there isn't any. And for that plat and gold, I was actually suggesting!
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

i agree with 1 vs 1 room should be there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

When I was playing AL just a month before kraken expansion there was update once in two days!, and now Devs turned their attention towards their new Games ,You know nowadays AL revives update once in a week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

The 2-day update is basically because in those days this game had so many bugs to be fixed, back when the community was so healthy and friendly. No arcane, no mythic, no locked gambling! Back when Colton was worth 1m!
    I wish I were me.

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Really fabulous suggestions here. Thank you so much! There will be a lot of great things coming in the next expansion and a pretty steady roll out of new content and features thereafter. I think you guys will be really happy with the outcome.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Really fabulous suggestions here. Thank you so much! There will be a lot of great things coming in the next expansion and a pretty steady roll out of new content and features thereafter. I think you guys will be really happy with the outcome.
    Thank you , looking forward to it !

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I'd LOVE to see a tournament, perhaps a CTF tournament, sponsored by STS with gear also sponsored by them to use for the duration of the game. At the current rate, only the very richest ever stand a chance in the tournaments (yeah, sorry, power-to-the-people advocate here, bear with me). There is simply so much potential here. And it wouldn't be so difficult either as STS already has a test server, so the tourney can be hosted there. Gear can also be auto added to the accounts. It wouldn't take that much of work I believe and I'm pretty sure the player turnout will be MASSIVE. If every single player in the game had a chance to compete with the greats and perhaps win prizes of their own...yeah, there'll be lots of excitement!

There is sooo much scope for development in this game! PvP especially should be developed more IMO. It isn't the main part of the game, no, but it's where a large amount of players go to in between content updates like expansions and events. Heck, twinks spend nearly 99% of their game time in PvP (not counting the timed running alts). It's pretty much all you can do, especially when expansions will be steadily increasing in length until the game eventually dies. STS should take advantage of that, I feel, by adding more maps and fixing lots of existing bugs and refining gameplay. If it were up to me, I wouldn't make a new PvP game without making PvP in my other games perfect.

There are still balance issues which I won't go into here, it's been covered completely (and vocally) elsewhere. An addition of one more PvP map come next expansion would be amazing! For example, Dueling Chambers, Guild Wars, and more.

There should also be changes made to CTF so that people begin to play the way it is meant to be played. I covered it in another thread, but basically one way to fix everything would be to simply add a wins/losses counter. Most people in AL love KDR, so much that it is an obsession. So, they would hate to have a ruined KDR by losing games which would motivate them to put a stop to free flagging. Motivation is the key. Perhaps put tiered rewards to winning games. This means that as you keep pressing the Replay button after ending a game, you advance to the next tier for greater rewards. Lose a game and you're back to square one. Leave mid-game and you're back to square one, again. This would prevent people from abusing the wins/losses by leaving when it is 4-4 so the person whose turn it is to flag will be able to score while the others won't get a loss. If they leave, well, they lose the tier rewards!

I'm thinking the rewards could be structured like so -

Win 3 games: 5 story tokens
    Win 5 games: 5 ankhs
    Win 10 games: 10 ankhs
    Win 15 games: 20 hauntlet tokens
    Win 20 games: 20 ankhs
    Win 30 games: Special banner, and perhaps a title

Just hypothetical of course.

--

Sorry to derail the thread, it's what I'm best at besides being a smurf lord that is!

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Alhuntrazeck; 05-07-2015 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    I'd LOVE to see a tournament, perhaps a CTF tournament, sponsored by STS with gear also sponsored by them to use for the duration of the game. At the current rate, only the very richest ever stand a chance in the tournaments (yeah, sorry, power-to-the-people advocate here, bear with me). There is simply so much potential here. And it wouldn't be so difficult either as STS already has a test server, so the tourney can be hosted there. Gear can also be auto added to the accounts. It wouldn't take that much of work I believe and I'm pretty sure the player turnout will be MASSIVE. If every single player in the game had a chance to compete with the greats and perhaps win prizes of their own...yeah, there'll be lots of excitement!

There is sooo much scope for development in this game! PvP especially should be developed more IMO. It isn't the main part of the game, no, but it's where a large amount of players go to in between content updates like expansions and events. Heck, twinks spend nearly 99% of their game time in PvP (not counting the timed running alts). It's pretty much all you can do, especially when expansions will be steadily increasing in length until the game eventually dies. STS should take advantage of that, I feel, by adding more maps and fixing lots of existing bugs and refining gameplay. If it were up to me, I wouldn't make a new PvP game without making PvP in my other games perfect.

There are still balance issues which I won't go into here, it's been covered completely (and vocally) elsewhere. An addition of one more PvP map come next expansion would be amazing! For example, Dueling Chambers, Guild Wars, and more.

There should also be changes made to CTF so that people begin to play the way it is meant to be played. I covered it in another thread, but basically one way to fix everything would be to simply add a wins/losses counter. Most people in AL love KDR, so much that it is an obsession. So, they would hate to have a ruined KDR by losing games which would motivate them to put a stop to free flagging. Motivation is the key. Perhaps put tiered rewards to winning games. This means that as you keep pressing the Replay button after ending a game, you advance to the next tier for greater rewards. Lose a game and you're back to square one. Leave mid-game and you're back to square one, again. This would prevent people from abusing the wins/losses by leaving when it is 4-4 so the person whose turn it is to flag will be able to score while the others won't get a loss. If they leave, well, they lose the tier rewards!

I'm thinking the rewards could be structured like so -

Win 3 games: 5 story tokens
    Win 5 games: 5 ankhs
    Win 10 games: 10 ankhs
    Win 15 games: 20 hauntlet tokens
    Win 20 games: 20 ankhs
    Win 30 games: Special banner, and perhaps a title

Just hypothetical of course.

Thoughts?
    I fly I nice I cry I sad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Just what I don't agree with:

-Giving rewards to all the members of x top guilds is a bad idea for guild diversity; people are already merging just for the sake of getting on or improving their position in the LB. Especially if there will be gold/platinum/banner rewards - everyone will guild-hop for the rewards.

-Seeing it as debuffing is a very simplistic and selfish approach. If it helps balance the game, there should be weekly adjustments in every new or old item like in so many large games out there. It'd sure be nice if one could invest in valuable items with safety but that should not impede the balancing process (eg. people buying overpriced arcanes/mythics that are out of this world OP and then complaining when some suggests bringing them more in line with the previous items of similar kind).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Just what I don't agree with:

-Giving rewards to all the members of x top guilds is a bad idea for guild diversity; people are already merging just for the sake of getting on or improving their position in the LB. Especially if there will be gold/platinum/banner rewards - everyone will guild-hop for the rewards.

-Seeing it as debuffing is a very simplistic and selfish approach. If it helps balance the game, there should be weekly adjustments in every new or old item like in so many large games out there. It'd sure be nice if one could invest in valuable items with safety but that should not impede the balancing process (eg. people buying overpriced arcanes/mythics that are out of this world OP and then complaining when some suggests bringing them more in line with the previous items of similar kind).
    You definitely have a point, but even though, it's as i mentioned extremely hard to be the 1st guild in AL , so that should not go unrewarded , maybe there should be a time limit, maybe the player should be in the guild from the previous season , or something like that, no gold or platinum though just a banner .
    Last edited by RIP; 05-07-2015 at 07:43 AM.