Thread: Worth playing if I don't plan on spending money?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Worth playing if I don't plan on spending money?

Just curious how far I can get in this game if I don't spend any money. Will I hit a level cap or run out of areas to explore after a few weeks of play if I don't open my wallet? Will I be greatly out-geared by everyone I run into unless I buy some plat?

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Yes, you will hit a level cap of 13 (or 18 when you verify your account) if you don't open your wallet, and be out-geared. It costs only $9.99 to purchase every campaign at the moment, excluding PvP maps.

You can also receive platinum for free by completing tapping the GET FREE PLATINUM link in your character selection screen (near the top). If you're on an iOS device it's entirely possible to finish enough offers to get every single campaign without spending any cash whatsoever.

Simply download the free applications on the Tapjoy offer list, open and run each application, and check to see if your Platinum was received (you have to log off and log back in to see the received Platinum). Delete the application after you received the Platinum and keep doing offers! Spending roughly 10 minutes of your time completing these free offers will grant you enough platinum to buy one new campaign map, which is certainly well worth it considering a campaign map delivers hours and hours of gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    You can also receive platinum for free by completing tapping the GET FREE PLATINUM link in your character selection screen (near the top). If you're on an iOS device it's entirely possible to finish enough offers to get every single campaign without spending any cash whatsoever.
    Problem is, I'm on an Android phone, so no free plat for me. (Ran into the same issue with WarBucks for Gun Bros)

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

That's the current limitation with Droids (I have one too) - the Tapjoy wall is a barren desert of solitude I suppose it's ultimately up to you then to decide if $9.99 to unlock months and months of gameplay is worth it. If you're a big fan of MMOs, it is a real good investment. You can enjoy the grind (it's not too bad) and meet a lot of nice players. The developers are amazing - racism/scamming/overall bad behavior is not tolerated in this game and warrants nearly instant bans if you report them. Devs even go in-game and spend time talking to players time to time. There's a multitude of events and contests on the forums. There is no hacking unlike many other MMOs. The community is very friendly and you can meet a lot of nice people on the forums. Just try it up to the level cap and if you like it, it's worth the money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the advice, Physiologic. I'll probably play it for a bit and see what I think. Hopefully some love for 'droids comes soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I didnt plan on spending too much. Now im at.. quite a sum of money spent. Its a great game!
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Plasticuproject

Spend the money for it is totally worth it. $9.99 is a small price to pay for MONTHS of fun gaming. Ask anyone here on the forums and we will tell you it will not be a disappointment.
    Last edited by Plasticuproject; 04-04-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

short answer-no
    edit:if your asking if it is worth it to buy platinum or not-yes
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Buy 30 plat over paypal or google checkout. Buy balefort castle campaign for auction house, alien oasis 3 Campaign for crushthekeeper, cyber quest, victory hall, and balefort sewers campaign. Play till u max on balefort then power lvl to 45 on crush the keeper, ill power lvl u if u like. For no cost on items or gold. Once ur 45 ill give u a nice set and explain everything to u about urchar. then play aoe amd then sewers. Costs u like 3-4 dollars. And
    ucan play shadow caves for free. Thats thecheapest ull get. (30plat)

With that u can pretty much do evrrything,crafting, farming, playing elitemap, and collect rares.
    Last edited by superglut2; 04-04-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2 View Post
    Play till u max on balefort then power lvl to 45 on crush the keeper...

With that u can pretty much do evrrything,crafting, farming, playing elitemap, and collect rares.
    Yes, and you'll also be skipping most of the game's actual content in favor of grinding the easiest map in it over and over again.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

If you want to be bored quickly, do what superglut2 suggests. If you want to play in a teeny-tiny world with no variety, do what superglut2 suggests.

If you play MMOs to meet people, explore, see a cool virtual world, then go play the game instead. Play the areas in progression and explore and challenge yourself and your characters and meet people and MEANDER.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea i dont rly suggest only buying 30 plat. But it would be the cheapest way to experience late game. Itspretty much up to you. If u only wanna spend 3-4 dollars imstead of 10 im willing to help u out onfarming, (
    It willbe really boring but its the only way for 30 plat)