Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ok this is what I TRULY hate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Ok this is what I TRULY hate...

when you are talking to one of your friend's which you barely talk to,ever, and they say that you are weird, but not in an insulting way. You say that you aren't weird, and then they say in an apologetic way that you are VERY weird. They then leave you alone to feel ashamed and then something else comes into your life and disturbs you -___-

Why can't life be any easier??? :/

Has any of this ever happened to any of you?
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

They aren't your friends if they are calling you weird and not joking around.

You sound like how I was in 8th grade. The mentality you have going on right now is that you LET others bring you down. Shouldn't be that way, start being able to think of quirky comebacks, not common insults. It shows confidence, you will get better as time goes on. Then when they realize they can't break you down, they will want to be your friends. Those people, I don't consider friends, merely accomplices. Sure, I'll hang out with them, talk to them, but I will never let them in.

It's hard to distinguish who really is a friend and who is an accomplice at the grade. Tons of people are still immature and trying not to be. So, they make stupid decisions. Shouldn't hold them against it then, but my advice would be to stay away from them. Don't turn into a loner, go into the group that you feel the most comfortable in. If popular school jocks and girls is the group you want to be in, but don't feel comfortable about, don't try and go into their crowd. Let them come to your crowd, by standing out. Trust me, it works.

Also remember, the only person that can get you down, is yourself, as it is all about your level of confidence.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Last person who said I was weird in a friendly manner - We haven't spoken in over 5 months. I feel your pain 100% Lightninglord.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Sold me at that.

None of your real friends call you weird. Only people that can do that to me are gf and good friends (who do it jokingly)

Was she a girl? Maybe it's a different thing, you know, when girls say "You're weird ".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I get called weird all the time. I'm fine with it. What is normal anyways? I like being weird. That's just me though, I take it as a compliment unless it's being said to intentionally hurt my feelings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I don't get you guys.
    I'm sure pretty much every friend I have considers me weird. Or unique. But whatever.
    My friends are awesome, and my friends, male and female, respect my individuality.
    If you're not creepy weird and over-the-top strange, it's just a little something you have over the blatant average.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Guys, I'm 7/11 Indian and I don't care. Beat that .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post

You sound like how I was in 8th grade. The mentality you have going on right now is that you LET others bring you down. Shouldn't be that way, start being able to think of quirky comebacks, not common insults. It shows confidence, you will get better as time goes on. Then when they realize they can't break you down, they will want to be your friends. Those people, I don't consider friends, merely accomplices. Sure, I'll hang out with them, talk to them, but I will never let them in.

It's hard to distinguish who really is a friend and who is an accomplice at the grade. Tons of people are still immature and trying not to be. So, they make stupid decisions. Shouldn't hold them against it then, but my advice would be to stay away from them. Don't turn into a loner, go into the group that you feel the most comfortable in. If popular school jocks and girls is the group you want to be in, but don't feel comfortable about, don't try and go into their crowd. Let them come to your crowd, by standing out. Trust me, it works.

Also remember, the only person that can get you down, is yourself, as it is all about your level of confidence.
    1.) Yeah, that's exactly why I DON'T hang out with them, because they are not letting me join their "group" or whatever it is they call themselves when they hang out

2.) no matter what I do I can never come up with good comebacks, I just say stuff like "STFU" or "can you STFU?" or anything similar to that :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    I don't get you guys.
    I'm sure pretty much every friend I have considers me weird. Or unique. But whatever.
    My friends are awesome, and my friends, male and female, respect my individuality.
    If you're not creepy weird and over-the-top strange, it's just a little something you have over the blatant average.
    Ditto, if you're not weird, you're not normal in my eyes. Everyone has a silly, fun, or interesting side to them. All those fall under the category of weird IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

@Pharcyde: THANK YOU!! Someone who understands!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGLORD67 View Post
    1.) Yeah, that's exactly why I DON'T hang out with them, because they are not letting me join their "group" or whatever it is they call themselves when they hang out

2.) no matter what I do I can never come up with good comebacks, I just say stuff like "STFU" or "can you STFU?" or anything similar to that :/
    Forget come backs, if you don't like what they say, walk away, show you're above trashy insults.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Ditto, if you're not weird, you're not normal in my eyes. Everyone has a silly, fun, or interesting side to them. All those fall under the category of weird IMO
    ok my interesting ability is that I can multiply two three digit numbers in my head up to 300 in around 20 seconds

But honestly that is the "bad" kind of weird that people say :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Exactly how I was like, for option number two. Took a while for me to change that. It's not that you can't come up with comebacks, they are there, in the back of your head. You just can't bring them forth. Trying confidence boosting sports, as it seems to be the problems. Your not strange, David. I know you and your a friend , pretty cool one at that. Also, remember. It's High School, everybody goes through it's weird and awkward experience, however we all turn out fine in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Last person who said I was weird in a friendly manner - We haven't spoken in over 5 months. I feel your pain 100% Lightninglord.
    the last person who did that got a handful of ground nasturtium leaves in their backpack. When ground, they smell just like fresh dog doo and doesn't come out...

I felt bad when they decided to get a new backpack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Forget come backs, if you don't like what they say, walk away, show you're above trashy insults.
    Not to be picky but honestly, I have tried walking away by making up an excuse to leave the situation but they only know that because they say "Oh you wanna go cry to mommy????" or "HAHAHA you are just scared!!"

So that solution doesnt work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm weird, no David? .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

ok my interesting ability is that I can multiply two three digit numbers in my head up to 300 in around 20 seconds

But honestly that is the "bad" kind of weird that people say :/
    if you're ever going to take high level math in high school and beyond youre going to need this ability anyways...
    if all you do is play video games and all your friends are dorks, yeah i guess people could call you weird. but a social norm is never honestly defined.
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Not to be picky but honestly, I have tried walking away by making up an excuse to leave the situation but they only know that because they say "Oh you wanna go cry to mommy????" or "HAHAHA you are just scared!!"

you have immature peers.
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Don't say anything, walk away. Nothing at all. Then, when they taunt you, like that. Say something like, "I'm not the one that has to attempt to boost his dirt low confidence by failing to pick on others."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    if all you do is play video games and all your friends are dorks, yeah i guess people could call you weird.
    (((((((((((((((