Thread: members chat box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default members chat box

I'm pretty sure this has been a thread befor but I'd like to bring it back up. Ok well last time people said it would be overcrowded. I think they should make a chat box but members only there's about 20 members and 60 guest a day 20 is not bad towns are worse with spammers, the chat box would be easier to discuss forums and posts and I think it would be fun what do you guys think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think its definately a good idea, i hate sitting in townes and being agravated by spammers and ten year olds. Your definately onto something

IM BACK BABY!
    DEATHLYKNIGHT-DEATHLYRANGER-DEATHLYMAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes good idea, How about there be a sensor on the chatbox too, and there should be like 3 channels, so it doesn't get to over crowded on weekends, and yes only members should be able to use the chatbox, and maybe only members who have posted at least 1 time, because that would eliminate a ton of members, and that way it would be way less crowded too.

P.S. Forgive my grammer and spelling mistakes I'm on my iPod touch right now.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

And if a member decides to for some reason spam there should be a mod bot that can detect spam and tell you that you That you can't retype for 10minutes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonearcher View Post
    And if a member decides to for some reason spam there should be a mod bot that can detect spam and tell you that you That you can't retype for 10minutes
    You mean something like this? If someone says the EXACT SAME thing (which must be 8 characters or more, since people will say "hi" and "hello" and "welcome" alot) more than 3 times within 3 minutes they will be automatically banned from the chatbox for 10 minutes. And if someone says the exact same thing that is 7 characters or less 5 times or more within 3 minutes they will be automatically banned for 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Flamin; 05-24-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, I gots mad WPMs on a computer, and am a horrific typist on ipod. Tehlonearcher is full of good ideas. I ignore a ton of spammers every night, and I'm getting sick of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And also another idea is for the devs to assign members (actual people) to be chatbox moderators, who can delete posts, and temporarily ban people for 10 minutes. This way the devs wouldn't have to look at the chatbox all the time, but they still would look at it from time to time. And if a chatbox moderator is not doing their job right or is abusing their job, then people can simply tell the devs, and then they can make the person will no longer be a moderator.
    Last edited by Flamin; 05-24-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Sorry but lol there can be (bots) which can have modified settings lol no moderating needed that's why it's called a bot c(:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't mean bots, I mean actual people like me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Flam that wouldn't work unless you can stay on 24/7 so an auto spam bot would work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok, well then the devs could assign chatbox elite moderators too, who can ban someone for 30 minutes, and also only members who have 1 or more posts on the forums could use the chatbox.