Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other mages encounter booting for not using plat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Default Any other mages encounter booting for not using plat?

I have heard of other mages describing it, although this is the first time that it has happened to me.

I was in a situation where I was lagging, my ping shot up to 2,000, and we were facing Gold Fever. I was the only mage. I was holding aggro, despite the presence of 2 birds and 2 bears. Anyways, I got fever and was unable to react. One of the bears walked beside me and I got me and the bird next to him killed.

I did not respawn at entrance since Gold Fever's health was less than about 20%. Than just before Gold Fever dies, the host boots me, despite the fact that we had just done an entire run together.

Above, you can see what happened. I died, then someone asked what my ping was (can't recall whom), then I got booted. Any other mages encounter this?

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Sugarboylol is on my friend list. It's surely strange this kind of boot reason O_o So you are saying that because you didn't respawn with plat he booted you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yeah I just ran with him yesterday in one of JaytB's parties....seemed all right....but I will remove from the friends list for jackwagon actions such as these.

Fools abound.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

quick! give us all his alts so i can delete/ignore them all

NOBODY should force you to use plat
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Wow, that is absolutely ridiculous -- it makes me angry just reading about it. I've had Sugar on my friends list for a while, too -- and never had any issues to date -- but that's just shady. Time to re-evaluate my friends list...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I've played with him (not on friendlist though) and i'm sure i've died @boss on my mage since i use raid roach set for boss. Haven't encountered this with him.

My best guess is he probably didn't like dead people just lying there and waiting for loot to come. Although for your part, you had no choice but to stay there, as respawning would be a guaranteed no loot.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

That's stewpud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

To be honest that excuse is being used often, the pressure to use plat, has had a very bad effect on mages, the frusturation with this scene happening has kept me from farming over the past three weeks.

You are very right a mage who is taking all the agro, healing etc, is subject to "mag lag" in gold fever the countless peiple who run at players or stays put is not just with a mage but all builds. Stuff happens, but to boot for not usi g plat to rev... Grrrrr...... This option was not there before.. Mages are dwindling these days in many maps,

I have much respect for the devs, I am hoping they will see the issue with this rev for plat as making player enjoyment for mages go down hill fast. If a mage was not in that room who would they blame? I can not say I am the best, but I know my mage skills are good, I know from countkess maps where all die but me, because i run pally and take the aggro, and am skilled enough to stand in general i can at least rez the team before (if) i die. That being said the rev for plat option mixed with the gcd.. All i can say is ....sigh..

Devs... Can this option be for gold instead of plat? At least then other playes can opt. To help mages with the cost of rev.. Just a thought....

Lag happens! The others can move away from you as well.. That is the flip side.
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ditto on this subject, you should not be forced to use plat to revive yourself. I need his alts. That's just wrong!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that is why I always host or only join games in which I know the host and I rarely carry plat, and almost never use it for revives (accidently used once, and it saved me about 200 deaths trying to kill or rush past the mini's at the start of VL. but on my mage, I don't care about k/d

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Didn't we all see this coming?
    I'm sorry, but "I told you so."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yep, I did wonder when this would happen. Looks like it's happening already.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Doesn't seem the best of boot reason, eh? I've never experienced this yet, thankfully.

Remember people, the 'revive for plat' option isn't the thing that caused this issue. I don't see any of us booting people for these reasons. It's the players in game who have a lack of knowledge, a disrespect for others and/or no understanding of, or patience for what's going on around them.

consider un-friending/ignoring/reporting accordingly.

P.S. did anyone think to tell sugarboylol about the problem with booting players for 'use plat'. He may well see this and come and post his sincere apologies, which would resolve the whole thing. Obviously if he sees this thread and rants/raves, the OP may have been fully justified in posting.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Just... Wow... I wouldnt have expected that from him. He's one of the 'regulars' in my runs, so I won't delete him just yet. But I sure will have a chat with him when he gets back online. If you wouldn't have posted screenshots, I would've doubted your story, it just doesn't seem like him at all. Anyway, I'm very sorry to hear he acted that way and I'll certainly let him know my disapproval of his actions

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Kind of expected this to happen. Parties wanting mages to do plat rev's to keep the rest of party alive. Well boot away. My ignore list is no where long enough.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

im sugar. i knw u were the only mage at tht time. the hp of gold fever had at least 1/2 remain and u actually hv enuf time to respwan and come bk again. Me and my fds used at least 2-3plats to respawn when u were down. So i jus dnt want ppl lootin pinks widout helpin. u said u were laggin, ok! i hv waited over 30sec. i did my job. Thts y i said buy plat(means ask u to respawn) as the bootin reason and i saw ur character sometime busy and sometimes not busy durin the time. so i cn pretty sure u were fixin sth and not laggin. thts all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All he did was not want you there go figure it happened to me to but I'm a pur dex bird named safiresora

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lag can last up to 5 min

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sorry then. me and my fds all spent a few plats to respawn at tht time. i jus dnt want ppl lootin pinks widout hlpin. ok, tell me wt u feel when a guy died, not respawnin and he got a pink at last. ofc u guys also feel pretty unfair cus u and ur teamm8s spent cash to respawn on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mangoboyyy123 View Post
    sorry then. me and my fds all spent a few plats to respawn at tht time. i jus dnt want ppl lootin pinks widout hlpin. ok, tell me wt u feel when a guy died, not respawnin and he got a pink at last. ofc u guys also feel pretty unfair cus u and ur teamm8s spent cash to respawn on it.
    We totally understand that you want people to help on the off chance that they do get a pink, but you can't expect them to use plat as it's their, and only theirs, decision. Plat revive is an optional in game feature and to expect players to use it all the time is highly unrealistic. You could tell people when they first join that you expect them to plat revive so they have the option of leaving. Otherwise, don't get mad when the only Mage decides to risk losing that pink item to respawn and run back instead of lying on the floor dead letting others do the work.
    Last edited by NeoQueen; 05-08-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player