Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No one wana party with tanks in elite and arena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Sometimes mages are ignored too.its not only tanks.(im talking about average mages)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    The reason is because top geared rogues have about 5k+ health and ~1,600 armor, so most of them are able to tank fairly well, with the addition of 800-900 damage, which is double that of a top-geared warrior. So basically, if you have a warrior and you intend on running mainly PvE, you should probably delete it and make a rogue. STS has made the warrior class practically useless.
    The damage count here is irrelevant. its the skill damage. There are tanks with 600-700 damage, but their skills are not meant to deal damage. That is the rogues job. If you wish to go by pure numbers, mages have the most damage and even have more hp than rogues. With an arcane maul, tanks also have more damage than rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    The damage count here is irrelevant. its the skill damage. There are tanks with 600-700 damage, but their skills are not meant to deal damage. That is the rogues job. If you wish to go by pure numbers, mages have the most damage and even have more hp than rogues. With an arcane maul, tanks also have more damage than rogues.
    So you mean to tell me that warriors have more damage than rogues? LOL
    Last edited by Zylx; 05-11-2015 at 07:20 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    right, if you equip the arcane maul, your autoattack damage is displayed, cancelled by the very low dps of the maul.
    to compare the skill damage, you have to look at the number in the skill trees, for example skyward smash. if you do that you will find out maul, magma swords and bulwarks are not so far away from each other. it s the saw that stands out in skill damage and dps.

just a warr example, because i am most familiar with it.the important thing to note is: what is the skill damage, is it single target or aoe,...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default No one wana party with tanks in elite and arena

So you mean to tell me that warriors have more damage than rogues? LOL
    displaywise a tank can reach over 900 dmg with maul equiped without lix or buffs. that s more then rogues can reach in stats. but as explained above, this is highly misleading.

edit: sorry for derailing the discussion, pm me for more.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 05-11-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    displaywise a tank can reach over 900 dmg with maul equiped without lix or buffs. that s more then rogues can reach in stats. but as explained above, this is highly misleading.

edit: sorry for derailing the discussion, pm me for more.
    I've never seen a warrior with more than 600 damage

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I've never seen a warrior with more than 600 damage
    seriously ? in expedition camp u can see more than 5 wars with 700-899dmg in a day

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

my max endurance is :at most 1 tank in pt, if we have 2+ tanks in a pt, finishing time will become extramly long, also if consider enrage case, that's almost 100% boss will enrage

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Simple.

Make rogues' HP lower than mages, let armor remain the same. When rogues have 5k HP and avoid 1 shots, that's when you know the game's screwed up.

I don't mean a nerf to a rogue's stats, that would severely cripple undergeared rogues. I mean, make the best gear focus more on damage and crit than on HP and armor. Rogues are the killing-machine-gun-enraged-inan'hesh class, we can't have them having so much HP now can we!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

lol comparing with tank have 9k+ hp and 2.8k+ armor, u think 5k hp for rogue is enough?

Just make the map harder to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Simple.

Make rogues' HP lower than mages, let armor remain the same. When rogues have 5k HP and avoid 1 shots, that's when you know the game's screwed up.

I don't mean a nerf to a rogue's stats, that would severely cripple undergeared rogues. I mean, make the best gear focus more on damage and crit than on HP and armor. Rogues are the killing-machine-gun-enraged-inan'hesh class, we can't have them having so much HP now can we!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Avshow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Here's my thoughts......Give rogues tails so we can look like rogues with tail. Thank you so much sts for implemementing this. We love you :*

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    lol comparing with tank have 9k+ hp and 2.8k+ armor, u think 5k hp for rogue is enough?

Just make the map harder to survive.
    Rogues are the damage class, I think it was an unintended oversight for them to have too much HP.

Let's face it, every elite map is a piece of cake for a maxed out rogue - doesn't even pose a challenge when you complete the hardest map in the game, PT3, in under 5 minutes, no?

What I meant is, rogues should have lots of damage and crit but low HP. Then you'd need a tank in the party. If you made maps harder you'd make it nearly impossible for lower geared people to run. And the logic of those lower geared people farming for better gear by running other maps doesn't apply since many people can't afford to drop tens of thousands of dollars to get gear...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

The reason is because top geared rogues have about 5k+ health and ~1,600 armor, so most of them are able to tank fairly well, with the addition of 800-900 damage, which is double that of a top-geared warrior. So basically, if you have a warrior and you intend on running mainly PvE, you should probably delete it and make a rogue. STS has made the warrior class practically useless.
    meh, the sole purpose of a rogue is to cause damage. I personally have crit'd about 5.8k already on ferrix in arena, with my expedition bow. I was LMAO... Like literally im imagining the damage i will cause when my planar amulet gets crafted. There's a number of stuff that separates the warrior class from the other 2 classes. I highly find a warrior useful in exploding mushrooms, and a mage very useful in spider (yes, environments). The sole purpose of PvE maps, was supposed to be that all classes's abilities work, and allow them to run efficiently in any map. The skills and class roles arent effective, i find them a bit useless right now. In t3 at the boss fight, i was able to even pull the bosses attention very easily, just 2 nox bolts followed by one aimed shot dragged him. The warrior was using CS, SS, i even told him to use windmill, I wasnt even attacking, yet his attention was drawn to the mage....He even used heal with the taunt upgrade. As Sir Maddy Suggested change the way taunt works even if 3 full para gem'd rogues nuke the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

making Vengeful Blood as party buff in PvE. It could be very helpful in below points:
    1) tanks role in party is to protect - 50 strength from VB will add HP and make survivability of party better
    2) tank slows runs - 25% crit will boost dmg of rest of the party and difference between damage output of party of 4 rogues/mages and party with 1 warr will be smaller. 25% to dmg help in the same way.
    3) Common opinion is: Best party is 4 (or 3) rogues/mages. Sometimes one warrior can join on few runs. More than one warrior in party is taboo - with Vengeful Blood as party buff which stack, I can easy imagine even 2-4 warrior in party, because 50 strength add damage only to warriors (profit of other classes is only HP), so with more than one VB buff stack, warriors will become small dmg dealers as well.
    4) With this change, mages will get better position in parties too, because their survivability thanks to 50 strength boost their shield skill.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jirikjurasek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Increase drop rate 2x chance for tank and mage....

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
    Rogue have decent armor, good heal skill, good support skill and massive damage. All in one package. Hope STS will soon realize that arcane legends is becoming rogue legends. Who needs a tank and a mage if rogue have it all right? Better make a rogue, because I really do not expect much because rogue being OP was an an issue for a long time now.
    Good heal skill?! A support skill?!?! What game have you been playing
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    making Vengeful Blood as party buff in PvE. It could be very helpful in below points:
    1) tanks role in party is to protect - 50 strength from VB will add HP and make survivability of party better
    2) tank slows runs - 25% crit will boost dmg of rest of the party and difference between damage output of party of 4 rogues/mages and party with 1 warr will be smaller. 25% to dmg help in the same way.
    3) Common opinion is: Best party is 4 (or 3) rogues/mages. Sometimes one warrior can join on few runs. More than one warrior in party is taboo - with Vengeful Blood as party buff which stack, I can easy imagine even 2-4 warrior in party, because 50 strength add damage only to warriors (profit of other classes is only HP), so with more than one VB buff stack, warriors will become small dmg dealers as well.
    4) With this change, mages will get better position in parties too, because their survivability thanks to 50 strength boost their shield skill.
    A great suggestion sir. This will make warriors extremely useful indeed ! This is from a rogue's point of view.

P.S. Even with 5 k health and 1600 armor rogues get one hit a lot. I don't have those stats, but have played with such rogues many times. They do get one hit in both arena and t3.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 05-12-2015 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Rogues are getting up there, with their average armour and health plus their huge DMG,DPS and CRIT they're easily preferred over the low HP, High but still lower than rogue DMG and DPS or the High HP, High armour but low DMG and DPS warrior.

To be honest mages spells need to be buffed as well as have their mana cost and CD decreased, there for them being a caster style class makes sense.
    Secondly warriors need a armour and health buff, they should be able to take a Crit from a rogue and not be half dead, they should be able to sustain boss DMG. If you ask me there should be a new skill where the warrior takes all DMG from allies, doubles HP and Armour and increases health regen effects by 500%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post
    Good heal skill?! A support skill?!?! What game have you been playing
    We're talking about PvE here. Nobody of any class needs to be using heal skills.

As for damage, it is just number on a page. It really means nothing unless comparing within the same class. Even then it doesn't always mean much.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I notice no one want to party with Tank and Elite runs.

So Tanks are only useful in PVP now, if no one want to farm with tank how will tanks get geared?
    Also i notice a lot of great tanks made a rouge or mage account for farming.
    What will happen if tanks will change class to rouge LOL...

STS need to balance this, Make sure in all runs they need a tanks! Double or triple the damage of elite bosses that only tanks survive in its Special skills or something. in this care they will need a tank so boss wont reset back to full HP.
    in my guild rogue/mage get party for arena randomly but tanks r crying over and over