Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discussion of lvl 51, 53 and 55 pink items pricing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    also lv51 gear is a investment. you give yourself gear to get thru the tough lv50-55!
    My thoughts exactly. If prices hold up you are basically renting the gear for free if you want to sell it at 55, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think you missed it. It's simple supply and demand. The fact that it takes a lower level group to reach them is WHY it's worth more. It's also why the higher level's are worth more.

Have you ever looked at the stats on a pink limbchopper? It's a fantastic weapon, excellent, but you can buy it for next to nothing because it drops much more common. Price is determined by rarity (which is supply and demand).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lvl 50 armor will get you to 55. you don't need rare or the best. just some ppl suck and they think gear will help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

You know, I can sell an orange level 51 item for twice or three times what you can get for an orange level 55. It has nothing to do with sets.

People turn 51 and want to try the new gear. All I'm asking is 10K. They spend that much on potions. So the level 55 version causes 5 more points of damage. That's irrelevant. By the time they get to 55, they will have seen many drops, including 40 copies of the item I sold them that are now level 5, so they don't need to buy it.

Supply and demand, baby.The supply of level 51 items is low. People want them. They are not that expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks snakespeare. the way she phrase it makes it sounds like i am a hypocrite that is what i mean. anyway, this topic is an open discussion so no point in using such heavy words. i just feels maybe i can open up this topic so that people can share how they feel about it regarding the topic. i don't own any level 51 or 53 items and neither will i buy so it just doesn't matter me at all. some may even think i am trying to push down the price. i just hope that a discussion is where people can share their thoughts. using that word hypothetical seems like abit rude though. however, i am not displeased in any form. thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was not trying to be insulting. Gear is rare and lvl 50 works just fine save your money for the good lvl 55 gear. Use the orange while saving for pink or farming it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hypothetical and hypocritical are two different words with very different meanings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

lvl 51 DEX is definetly worth to buy to help your group. the increas of dmg is massive to lvl 50.
    i just c in shop that supply is going low when our farming group doesnt farm. ppl buys em like hot cakes... amazing..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....