Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm near the end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Guys, every MMO works off the luck system. I'm probably the least lucky person in the entire game as I've played more hours over the years than 99% of you all and never looted an arcane item, and never looted a mythic item worth more than 1m. But I'm going to say that the luck system is necessary.

The only way the luck system could be done away with is if the best items were made so hard to get that you literally needed to play 10 hours a day for a year to get them. Otherwise the result would be that everyone would have all the best items, and then there would be no point to even having items. And if they made it that way, the same people would be complaining that they have lives and cannot possibly play 10 hours a day for a year.

Arcane and mythic items are supposed to be rare. Rare means that only a very small percentage of the player base has them. So whatever method they have for awarding these items, they have to keep it so that only a small percentage of the player base has them. If it takes 50 hours of playing to obtain an arcane ring, I can assure you that everyone who wants one will have one after a month or two. So that is not hard enough.

The only alternative is to award good items based on tokens kind of like how the Planar Tombs works. Each time you finish run, you get 1-2 tokens. If there were something as good as an Arcane Ring to be awarded on this type of system, it would have to be a few thousand tokens for it to make sense. Otherwise it would be too easy and everyone would have one.
    I think they could make it 10k tokens and I dont think anyone would complain. If theres an end-goal it gives people a reason to want to keep playing. Even if that end goal is ludicrous.

On a side note, why is it mods don't seem to post in threads where the broken RNG system is brought up?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Guys, every MMO works off the luck system. I'm probably the least lucky person in the entire game as I've played more hours over the years than 99% of you all and never looted an arcane item, and never looted a mythic item worth more than 1m. But I'm going to say that the luck system is necessary.

The only way the luck system could be done away with is if the best items were made so hard to get that you literally needed to play 10 hours a day for a year to get them. Otherwise the result would be that everyone would have all the best items, and then there would be no point to even having items. And if they made it that way, the same people would be complaining that they have lives and cannot possibly play 10 hours a day for a year.

Arcane and mythic items are supposed to be rare. Rare means that only a very small percentage of the player base has them. So whatever method they have for awarding these items, they have to keep it so that only a small percentage of the player base has them. If it takes 50 hours of playing to obtain an arcane ring, I can assure you that everyone who wants one will have one after a month or two. So that is not hard enough.

The only alternative is to award good items based on tokens kind of like how the Planar Tombs works. Each time you finish run, you get 1-2 tokens. If there were something as good as an Arcane Ring to be awarded on this type of system, it would have to be a few thousand tokens for it to make sense. Otherwise it would be too easy and everyone would have one.
    No offense but I'm pretty sure that you haven't played more hours than me lol.😆 We all understand that luck is needed, we get it. We just would like for the system to get fixed some kind of way. Give the gamers some incentive for hardwork and I'm not doubting that you don't play games often. But I mean you have to understand this man. I'm just asking to fix the loot system lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

If it takes 50 hours of playing to obtain an arcane ring
    Better 50 hours of playing than 5 minutes of lock popping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I TOTALLY DISAGREE with your reasoning here,

Now generally you offer the AL gaming community good/ constructive post & sts listens to your comments & reasoning alot. With that being said this is a GAME. It's not real life where everyone wants to be rich, own a mansion and a luxury car. When so many people spend REAL MONEY in this game to buy Plats/Ankhs/Pots/Kits etc; and they GET ZERO return "that mr.energizeric is a problem". There doesn't need to be SUCH A LOW drop rate, poor RNG system as we have now in AL video game. People literally become upset when they feel they've been burned and the money they've spent gives them nothing.

I understand you like rare, hard to find, collectors items.. BUT when all is said & done in this game what can one do with all the rare/arcane/mythic items you collected? Nothing at all... you aren't able to sell them for a cash refund, plat refund etc; "You're ONLY able to enjoy them here in Arcane Legends" ... I don't see the big deal with increasing RNG back to what is was before & just letting SO MANY players Enjoy the game a bit more.

There are FAR to many "i'm tired of the RNG or drop rate threads" for it not to be a problem in this game. It's a bad problem and I absolutely don't agree with you that the reward system should be kept to a small percentage. This game is a hobby for people, no1 here is a Pro AL gamer where we r compensated etc.
    I do commend STS for listening and making the double odds planar chest... That was a positive step in the right direction towards the player base... still the RNG system in AL needs an overhaul

Rare shouldn't = opening 1000 + locked crates @15 plat a piece roughly ($809) to get that 1 or 2 arcane item(s) that allows you to really enjoy the game. Or opening hundreds of planar chest while I opened 20 & got a fossil & recipe.

When people get a little bit of return on their investment, they are willing to spend more & more.. I know I am. For example in Taichi Panda you spend money & at least get items that are worth it to help build your character..it may not be the exact item you wanted, but it is still worth the money you've spent and it makes u spend more. You don't come up totally empty handed because of RNG luck.

Lets not forget this is a GAME that a Gaming company has been doing a good job with... just some much needed "luck based" aspects have to be improved.
    Last edited by HotttSauce; 05-14-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HotttSauce View Post
    I TOTALLY DISAGREE with your reasoning here,

Now generally you offer the AL gaming community good/ constructive post & sts listens to your comments & reasoning alot. With that being said this is a GAME. It's not real life where everyone wants to be rich, own a mansion and a luxury car. When so many people spend REAL MONEY in this game to buy Plats/Ankhs/Pots/Kits etc; and they GET ZERO return "that mr.energizeric is a problem". There doesn't need to be SUCH A LOW drop rate, poor RNG system as we have now in AL video game. People literally become upset when they feel they've been burned and the money they've spent gives them nothing.

I understand you like rare, hard to find, collectors items.. BUT when all is said & done in this game what can one do with all the rare/arcane/mythic items you collected? Nothing at all... you aren't able to sell them for a cash refund, plat refund etc; "You're ONLY able to enjoy them here in Arcane Legends" ... I don't see the big deal with increasing RNG back to what is was before & just letting SO MANY players Enjoy the game a bit more.

There are FAR to many "i'm tired of the RNG or drop rate threads" for it not to be a problem in this game. It's a bad problem and I absolutely don't agree with you that the reward system should be kept to a small percentage. This game is a hobby for people, no1 here is a Pro AL gamer where we r compensated etc.
    I do commend STS for listening and making the double odds planar chest... That was a positive step in the right direction towards the player base... still the RNG system in AL needs an overhaul

Rare shouldn't = opening 1000 + locked crates @15 plat a piece roughly ($809) to get that 1 or 2 arcane item(s) that allows you to really enjoy the game. Or opening hundreds of planar chest while I opened 20 & got a fossil & recipe.

When people get a little bit of return on their investment, they are willing to spend more & more.. I know I am. For example in Taichi Panda you spend money & at least get items that are worth it to help build your character..it may not be the exact item you wanted, but it is still worth the money you've spent and it makes u spend more. You don't come up totally empty handed because of RNG luck.

Lets not forget this is a GAME that a Gaming company has been doing a good job with... just some much needed "luck based" aspects have to be improved.
    I do believe you could've made your point with a few less cap locks and with a little more kindness. He did nothing to deserve a lecture from you. (Notice I didn't lecture you or use cap locks.)

Creds to Doframingo/Dofrazeus for the Sig!