Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
Guys, every MMO works off the luck system. I'm probably the least lucky person in the entire game as I've played more hours over the years than 99% of you all and never looted an arcane item, and never looted a mythic item worth more than 1m. But I'm going to say that the luck system is necessary.

The only way the luck system could be done away with is if the best items were made so hard to get that you literally needed to play 10 hours a day for a year to get them. Otherwise the result would be that everyone would have all the best items, and then there would be no point to even having items. And if they made it that way, the same people would be complaining that they have lives and cannot possibly play 10 hours a day for a year.

Arcane and mythic items are supposed to be rare. Rare means that only a very small percentage of the player base has them. So whatever method they have for awarding these items, they have to keep it so that only a small percentage of the player base has them. If it takes 50 hours of playing to obtain an arcane ring, I can assure you that everyone who wants one will have one after a month or two. So that is not hard enough.

The only alternative is to award good items based on tokens kind of like how the Planar Tombs works. Each time you finish run, you get 1-2 tokens. If there were something as good as an Arcane Ring to be awarded on this type of system, it would have to be a few thousand tokens for it to make sense. Otherwise it would be too easy and everyone would have one.
No offense but I'm pretty sure that you haven't played more hours than me lol.😆 We all understand that luck is needed, we get it. We just would like for the system to get fixed some kind of way. Give the gamers some incentive for hardwork and I'm not doubting that you don't play games often. But I mean you have to understand this man. I'm just asking to fix the loot system lol.