Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't kill Major Payne...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

lol if you want a way to kill him stand in a corner and let the pool of poison fall on you but keep him distanced from you and just let your pet do all the work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I solo him on my 10 twink and any other toon for that matter. Like some people say it's all about timing and positioning. As a warrior attack him for a few seconds such as two rotations then hug the walls and wait for pool drop. After pool drop start attacking him again with roughly two rotations, which is best done in the middle of area. Simply rinse and repeat that tactic and modify if need be. Keep him as far away from pools as possible to stop any healing occuring and don't attack him long enough so pools drop on both you and the boss hence why he won't die. yw.

This is not a bug, it's intentional. Why do you think he's got 'Payne' in his name? It's not to do with the boss's damage output lol.
    IGN: Quickshiv; Gravevoid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    I solo him on my 10 twink and any other toon for that matter. Like some people say it's all about timing and positioning. As a warrior attack him for a few seconds such as two rotations then hug the walls and wait for pool drop. After pool drop start attacking him again with roughly two rotations, which is best done in the middle of area. Simply rinse and repeat that tactic and modify if need be. Keep him as far away from pools as possible to stop any healing occuring and don't attack him long enough so pools drop on both you and the boss hence why he won't die. yw.

This is not a bug, it's intentional. Why do you think he's got 'Payne' in his name? It's not to do with the boss's damage output lol.
    I did him on endgame and you can't even notice him healing there so I'm quite sure it's not intentional that he heals this much. You can't kill a boss that drops healing pools every 3 seconds...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post

But many people don't have patience for doing that lol and even if you hug the wall he gets close to you where the pool has a chance to heal him. I've used my level 12 twink and just let my pet kill him also using the skill he died In about a minute

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I tried out the bosses with my twinks and main toons. To be honest, for a lv41 rouge or mage it shouldn't be hard at all to solo that boss. Warriors are still at a disadvantage here.
    In twink lvl's I noticed some lvl's had an easier boss while others were really hard. For example my lv17 mage could finish a map at 5-7min max. While another at lvl23 took a bit longer, plus the boss did a one hut kill on me every time. I hope sts will look into it. Thanks

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

i have 600 points and icant find that boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

finally (after 2-3 hours in the map to think, how to defeat that 'bad' boss lol) i have been killed that boss solo, fiuhhh

hint: ...

Name:  defeat_major_payne_arcane_legends.png
Views: 220
Size:  153.1 KB
    Mabokcinta means drunk in love :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

You can control where he throws that posion-lakes.
    If there are too much lakes at the ground, just reset him and do it again, kilk him as fast as you can before the ground is full of poison.
    - Allows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Even if you keep luring him of the pools, he still takes way too long to kill. For 2 high geared rogues it takes a good 3-4 minutes. Solo is about the same - high-end gear, arcane pet and no ring.

For normal toons, it would be abysmal. I'm at 500 points and already sick of the tedium.

However, the lack of unavoidable one-hits (remembering Helena) is appreciated.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I'm in the same boat as Sera I'm pretty decently geared with imbued frost bow planar pendent and arcane pet and he still give me trouble. If I don't have a dam elix on he tends to heal faster than I dam...pretty annoying

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Even if you keep luring him of the pools, he still takes way too long to kill. For 2 high geared rogues it takes a good 3-4 minutes. Solo is about the same - high-end gear, arcane pet and no ring.

For normal toons, it would be abysmal. I'm at 500 points and already sick of the tedium.

The problem is if your a rogue you can't really use your range because of the huge red zone he has the further away you are, I have to circle close to him where the red zone is small but then he just drops pools onto him self. Had to buy cleansing stone just to be able to do him without dying a million times haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I got the cleansing stone before I started, and don't find any range issues with this boss. Not sure what you are referring to.

He's not challenging in the sense that you have to avoid getting hit, he just takes ages to die. I can solo an elite arena boss in less time than it takes to kill this pain in the Payne, which means that any other class is going to be super slow going.

That being said, I do want to say that the event is well done, overall. It is good to see that there is finally a way to participate once your energy runs out. Appreciate STS listening to the feedback on this. I haven't seen the final boss yet - whoever he is, but right now at gold tier, it's 100% Major Payne, which is rather discouraging. Hopefully this boss's issues are just an oversight on the dev's part and can be tweaked to be a little more user-friendly.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

At low level he heals so quick. You have to avoid him staying in pools at all.

Also playing many levels I can say that at level 25 it's a pain to fight almost any boss. This is true for this event and for any other previous. It's definitely should be considered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

This is an elite boss in terms of HP.

He drops that poison pool that heals him if he steps on it, every 10 seconds. Right after he does that, he walks to the direction of the player with aggro (similar to how Ferrix rushes out of his purple pool after spawning it). So you just have to wait for the circle red zone in distance and then jump on him. After dealing a few hits, move back out on the spot he already threw an acid pool at. Wait. Repeat.

He also has a huge heal when he reaches 25-30% that heals him up to 50, once. Not sure what triggers that but stunning him around that HP and staying in distance works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

in lv 13, his heal is crazy enough to make me depressed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    It is impossible to kill this boss on your own, I tried it multiple times wasting multiple energies and that's why at day 1 I would really like an energy refund.

Ps: going in with pugs makes it even harder and my guildies had not energy and I prefer soloing so don't give me those lame you should make a party excuses.
    IT'S pretty easy i do it multiple times on rogue lvl 10 with nilbog (renamed empoisonneur (search on google for traduction you lazzy guys)) and it's easy jsut make him run away from the poison before it spawns
    Srinoy rogue Ex level 16

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Don't keep the boss on the pools! Drag it away!!
    I wonder why is it this way to you!
    He is indeed one of hardest event boss but he seems pretty easy to my endgame rogue Nd level 13 warrior!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

HELLania is WAAAAAY worst(think I spelled it wrong) you'll see in ursoth event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twinisland View Post
    HELLania is WAAAAAY worst(think I spelled it wrong) you'll see in ursoth event
    you mean HELENA the lady of forest?

sent by a nab using tapasucks
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vawaid View Post
    you mean HELENA the lady of forest?

sent by a nab using tapasucks
    Yep, she's the worst boss I ever fought in the whole game.