Thread: Meet Mrwallace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thank you for sharing! I really appreciate it! It's interesting that although we're both same class, same level and str-dex dual, our chars are really different.
    But now you gave me the idea that the crown is really useful for saving one loadout slot... *starting to calculate stats*

For perfect transparency I'll show my best kept secret here, been asked via pm and want to share with you all: Here are my lousy k/d stats, you can see I am constantly using less armor than I should... :-/ And also why I don't do pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wallace View Post
    Thank you for sharing! I really appreciate it! It's interesting that although we're both same class, same level and str-dex dual, our chars are really different.
    But now you gave me the idea that the crown is really useful for saving one loadout slot... *starting to calculate stats*

For perfect transparency I'll show my best kept secret here, been asked via pm and want to share with you all: Here are my lousy k/d stats, you can see I am constantly using less armor than I should... :-/ And also why I don't do pvp.
    You're very right. I have yet to try and work on a talon/wing bear, never really got into it.

I wouldn't worry about K/D that much. Before I started BS my bear was at 6k/1k. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    Elly wich items do u use for boost STR?

why 1 in heal...?

would u list the items of ur sets...?
    Will edit into post now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I wouldn't worry about K/D that much. Before I started BS my bear was at 6k/1k. Lol
    I think my bear is still at that. What can I say, he's a former rush bear and now used exclusively for Stronghold roundups - both of which involve more tanking than kills.

Really need to get my dex gear transferred onto him one of these days...
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    I think my bear is still at that. What can I say, he's a former rush bear and now used exclusively for Stronghold roundups - both of which involve more tanking than kills.

Really need to get my dex gear transferred onto him one of these days...
    I think you do.

I also think Wallace and I can attest first-hand that dex gear just totally boosts your kills, one of the biggest reasons why I'm always dex in PvE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

There's been much debate on the normal method vs this method, seems there isn't much difference between time and efficiency, and lies mostly on personal preference and group teamwork
    I think for most group a "traditional" run is faster and more effective. But rounding up is just more fun, cause it seems kinda risky to pull those five extra mobs too. And after thousands of identical runs in the few sewer dungeons that is quite motivating, at least for me.
    Fastest way I think would be to dual pull mobs, but you really need a team that knows exactly what the other one is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Wish you would play a little more instead of talk though :P
    Yeah you got me there, I actually spend more chatting than playing time in game... :-/ Chatty bear...

I also think Wallace and I can attest first-hand that dex gear just totally boosts your kills, one of the biggest reasons why I'm always dex in PvE
    Totally. Some days ago I noticed I did a whole Stronghold run in str gear rounding up - and had zero kills - that would have never appened wearing talon or bow...

Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    Whenever I have had the chance to run with MrWallace, I become his shadow -- where he goes I go. The whole "COMBO! COMBO! COMBO! COMBO! COMBO!" is just too fun not to do. Thanks for the great runs. BTW-- I've had the pleasure of running with Ellyidol as well -- and it's a whole lot of fun too.
    Hehe you kinda freaked me out when we did the first runs together, because you always stood in the right spot for the next combo, no exception. I was like "How does he know???" lol

Quote Originally Posted by romgar1 View Post
    I remember the first run I had with you MrWallace. I was like wow who is this guy. I thought you were toughies or ellyidols alt at first. I love playing my mage but can't wait to finish my lvl lvl bear.
    I remember, you actually messaged me "Who are you?" :-)
    Last edited by Mr.Wallace; 04-11-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wallace View Post
    Totally. Some days ago I noticed I did a whole Stronghold run in str gear rounding up - and had zero kills - that wouldn't have happened wearing talon or bow...
    I need your advice on that, a talon/wing setup.

On the times I've tried using it, I always thought of it as a weaker version of a 1H Sword + Shield setup, just a bonus of small ranged attacks with the talon.

Do the talon attacks actually do good damage? I'm sure it can't compare to a bow, since its 2H, I'm just eager to try and make a talon/wing setup, especially since how I love the range and combination of bear skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I need your advice on that, a talon/wing setup.

On the times I've tried using it, I always thought of it as a weaker version of a 1H Sword + Shield setup, just a bonus of small ranged attacks with the talon.

Do the talon attacks actually do good damage? I'm sure it can't compare to a bow, since its 2H, I'm just eager to try and make a talon/wing setup, especially since how I love the range and combination of bear skills
    Well it is like a sword with some range, but with good gear you can do some damage. With RR talon set i got 216 dps with 144 hit and 51 crit unbuffed - that hurts a bit.
    But with Drainer set you are right, the talon is only a symbolic weapon :-)

So imo talon makes sense with a good set, you might wanna test drive RR for that. I offer my set for tests! :-)