Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet Mrwallace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wallace View Post
    Thank you for sharing! I really appreciate it! It's interesting that although we're both same class, same level and str-dex dual, our chars are really different.
    But now you gave me the idea that the crown is really useful for saving one loadout slot... *starting to calculate stats*

For perfect transparency I'll show my best kept secret here, been asked via pm and want to share with you all: Here are my lousy k/d stats, you can see I am constantly using less armor than I should... :-/ And also why I don't do pvp.
    You're very right. I have yet to try and work on a talon/wing bear, never really got into it.

I wouldn't worry about K/D that much. Before I started BS my bear was at 6k/1k. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    Elly wich items do u use for boost STR?

why 1 in heal...?

would u list the items of ur sets...?
    Will edit into post now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've played with him some/a lot... We're even friends (Sandyxravage) ;-)
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I made several Stronghold runs with Mrwallace over the weekend. It made me really appreciate what a good bear brings to the group. With him "pulling" throughout the dungeon we cleared the mobs really fast.

Btw, if you haven't tried the "pulling method" to clear Stronghold.....you need to give it a shot. It's fast, fun and intense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

MrWallace is by far one of the top bears in this game! Glad to see him on the boards and I have always enjoyed playing with his bear. Great guy all around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiarx View Post
    I made several Stronghold runs with Mrwallace over the weekend. It made me really appreciate what a good bear brings to the group. With him "pulling" throughout the dungeon we cleared the mobs really fast.

Btw, if you haven't tried the "pulling method" to clear Stronghold.....you need to give it a shot. It's fast, fun and intense.
    Indeed works very well for groups that work well with each other.

There's been much debate on the normal method vs this method, seems there isn't much difference between time and efficiency, and lies mostly on personal preference and group teamwork

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Hi hi mr Wallace! Nice to see you made it to the forums

And as everybody has said already, you're definitely one of the top tanks in pve in my book. Wish you would play a little more instead of talk though :P

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post

There's been much debate on the normal method vs this method, seems there isn't much difference between time and efficiency, and lies mostly on personal preference and group teamwork
    Agreed, it's more personal preference, but a H*LL of a lot of fun to do as a bear IMO

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Agreed, it's more personal preference, but a H*LL of a lot of fun to do as a bear IMO
    True, it's nice to actually see our fat bear's being able to run when we speed pot.

Ninja bear FTW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You definitely have to have the right group make up. You're probably right, there's not that much difference in time. But it sure is fun to see a player chugging back to you dragging a long line of mobs and then the total chaos that follows....
    Last edited by Fiarx; 04-11-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I wouldn't worry about K/D that much. Before I started BS my bear was at 6k/1k. Lol
    I think my bear is still at that. What can I say, he's a former rush bear and now used exclusively for Stronghold roundups - both of which involve more tanking than kills.

Really need to get my dex gear transferred onto him one of these days...
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    I think my bear is still at that. What can I say, he's a former rush bear and now used exclusively for Stronghold roundups - both of which involve more tanking than kills.

Really need to get my dex gear transferred onto him one of these days...
    I think you do.

I also think Wallace and I can attest first-hand that dex gear just totally boosts your kills, one of the biggest reasons why I'm always dex in PvE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiarx View Post
    You definitely have to have the right group make up. You're probably right, there's not that much difference in time. But it sure is fun to see a player chugging back to you dragging a long line of mobs and then the total chaos that follows for the next 30 secs or so....
    Off topic-
    Actually been playing with double pulls/roundups in the right areas. Assuming the group understands the concept of roundups...having two tanks pull from different sides with off-sync timing seems to speed mob clearing. The easiest example is just after the main room where one tank goes straight ahead and the other goes right and they both meet in the corner just past the bridge. Another area where I think you can do efficient double pulls would be in the main firetrap room where one tank pulls from the right towards the middle, while the other tank waits a few seconds and then starts a separate pull from the left towards the middle.

The problem is if you pull too many all at the same time, most nuke mages/dex birds will get aggro and get instakilled. Staggering the pulls allows enough of the first roundup to be killed and then allowing the damage dealers to keep killing the second roundup without having to move. This is an variation on how great bears perfectly time gathering mobs just in front of the party through the dungeon path-- only with bigger numbers.

On topic-
    Whenever I have had the chance to run with MrWallace, I become his shadow -- where he goes I go. The whole "COMBO! COMBO! COMBO! COMBO! COMBO!" is just too fun not to do. Thanks for the great runs. BTW-- I've had the pleasure of running with Ellyidol as well -- and it's a whole lot of fun too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I remember the first run I had with you MrWallace. I was like wow who is this guy. I thought you were toughies or ellyidols alt at first. I love playing my mage but can't wait to finish my lvl lvl bear.
    Charmonda: He started dancing on me and so I started dancing on him. You now how we do:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here guys.

Wallace, I hope this doesn't steal the purpose of your thread! =/ Since you're sharing, I was eager too also, in the hopes of helping out as well.

"Naked"

"Dex Mobs Setup" - 56 Dex Crown, Bagmans Autobow, Sewer King Leather, 1 Dodge 9 Armour Ring

"Dex Boss Setup" - RR Cap, Bagmans Recurve, Bagmans Leather, 1 Crit 11 Damage Ring

"PvP/Tank Setup" - Royal Helm, Plungers Gemstone Sword, Royal Plate, Fury Shield, 2 Hit 8 Armour Ring

"Loadouts" - Str Booster : 56 Str Crown, Osiris Sword, Cyber Rift Plate, Cyber Rift Shield

"Skills"

"Skill Map Flow"

First time I've released my entire setup, ever. Realised there's really not much to hide, even unhid my avatar page.

If you have any questions, I posted them here for a reason :P
    Wow your skill build and skill combo is identical to mine but I skip restore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    Wow your skill build and skill combo is identical to mine but I skip restore.
    I would too, and skip 5 points in Taunt even, but I seldom do PvP where I find it useful.

Restore mostly came from when Fury had massive 8 H/S per piece, I was getting 40 H/S when I had restore on, just kept it ever since

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think for most group a "traditional" run is faster and more effective. But rounding up is just more fun, cause it seems kinda risky to pull those five extra mobs too. And after thousands of identical runs in the few sewer dungeons that is quite motivating, at least for me.
    Fastest way I think would be to dual pull mobs, but you really need a team that knows exactly what the other one is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Wish you would play a little more instead of talk though :P
    Yeah you got me there, I actually spend more chatting than playing time in game... :-/ Chatty bear...

I also think Wallace and I can attest first-hand that dex gear just totally boosts your kills, one of the biggest reasons why I'm always dex in PvE
    Totally. Some days ago I noticed I did a whole Stronghold run in str gear rounding up - and had zero kills - that would have never appened wearing talon or bow...

Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    Whenever I have had the chance to run with MrWallace, I become his shadow -- where he goes I go. The whole "COMBO! COMBO! COMBO! COMBO! COMBO!" is just too fun not to do. Thanks for the great runs. BTW-- I've had the pleasure of running with Ellyidol as well -- and it's a whole lot of fun too.
    Hehe you kinda freaked me out when we did the first runs together, because you always stood in the right spot for the next combo, no exception. I was like "How does he know???" lol

Quote Originally Posted by romgar1 View Post
    I remember the first run I had with you MrWallace. I was like wow who is this guy. I thought you were toughies or ellyidols alt at first. I love playing my mage but can't wait to finish my lvl lvl bear.
    I remember, you actually messaged me "Who are you?" :-)
    Last edited by Mr.Wallace; 04-11-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Totally. Some days ago I noticed I did a whole Stronghold run in str gear rounding up - and had zero kills - that wouldn't have happened wearing talon or bow...
    I need your advice on that, a talon/wing setup.

On the times I've tried using it, I always thought of it as a weaker version of a 1H Sword + Shield setup, just a bonus of small ranged attacks with the talon.

Do the talon attacks actually do good damage? I'm sure it can't compare to a bow, since its 2H, I'm just eager to try and make a talon/wing setup, especially since how I love the range and combination of bear skills

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Oh wow! Mr Wallace and Ellyidol couldn't have gone transparent at a better time for me. After yesterday, I've decided to come back and level my bear. With 70k XP to go and not a whole lot of bear love out there, it was always a motivational challenge for me. But now I've got your skill (1 Taunt, huh?) and gear distros to look forward to tinkering about with. Many thanks!
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I need your advice on that, a talon/wing setup.

On the times I've tried using it, I always thought of it as a weaker version of a 1H Sword + Shield setup, just a bonus of small ranged attacks with the talon.

Do the talon attacks actually do good damage? I'm sure it can't compare to a bow, since its 2H, I'm just eager to try and make a talon/wing setup, especially since how I love the range and combination of bear skills
    Well it is like a sword with some range, but with good gear you can do some damage. With RR talon set i got 216 dps with 144 hit and 51 crit unbuffed - that hurts a bit.
    But with Drainer set you are right, the talon is only a symbolic weapon :-)

So imo talon makes sense with a good set, you might wanna test drive RR for that. I offer my set for tests! :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Well it is like a sword with some range, but with good gear you can do some damage. With RR talon set i got 216 dps with 144 hit and 51 crit unbuffed - that hurts a bit.
    But with Drainer set you are right, the talon is only a symbolic weapon :-)

So imo talon makes sense with a good set, you might wanna test drive RR for that. I offer my set for tests! :-)
    I see, thanks!

Would it be possible for you to post your stats on an RR Talon Set? Heh.

I'm also interested in armour and regen values since that's what I would look at in PvE too.