Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
I'll just add that you can always use both, at least in PvE. Especially for watchers/kraag tombs, if you want the maximum efficiency of sorc's AoE, you need both skills active. Simply because Gale Force > Frost Bolt in there, allowing for faster times and larger pulls. Not much value for the extra knockdown time upgrade here.

In elites, I would only consider swapping shield with gale but that really needs mastery of your skill rotation to pick up without dying every five steps. Ice holds a much higher value in there, totally trumping gale. You can replace fireball with it but the results are so-so.

A new user tends to scatter mobs all over which is annoying for the whole party and increases the run times. You need to calculate where the mobs will be pushed and then angle yourself properly. Your aim is to stack the mobs into a nice pile and keep them rooted with time shift and ice. Walls are a very useful tool as well for scatter-control. I'd suggest not taking the AoE upgrade if you plan to use on endgame elites.
This this is what I'm a try to do so I can get used to it I usually use gale in wt4 km3 kt4 cause that 50% helps so I don't use shield anymore if solo but when in party I swap it with fireball