Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime is being greedy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Spacetime is becoming fair.

Okay I'm just stating my oppinion here, yes i do realize you all do this for a living. However 120p for 75 stash slots - any amount of plat for stash is BS stash should come free. And charging for more Inventory space, BS.

Okay I'm fine with having to pay for maps but this is getting extreme... It's quite frustrating pretty soon were gonna have to pay for almost everything... Stop all this and make thing like this standard. Just charge a little more for the expansions I don't care.

Let the flame begin.

*edit* I AM SORRY I DID LOSE IT AND JUST POST WITHOUT CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
    Last edited by Obliteration; 05-25-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Charge for PVP = of course, but charge us twice? (or even more if 1v1 and 10v10 comes out) :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with charging being bad on some things, and good for others.

1v1? That sounds more like a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors at this point.
    Tallon - Archer - LVL 30
    Khraos - Warrior - LVL 22
    Vizardess - Enchantress - LVL 20
    Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration View Post
    Okay I'm just stating my oppinion here, yes i do realize you all do this for a living. However 120p for 75 stash slots - any amount of plat for stash is BS stash should come free. And charging for more Inventory space, BS.

Okay I'm fine with having to pay for maps but this is getting extreme... It's quite frustrating pretty soon were gonna have to pay for almost everything... Stop all this and make thing like this standard. Just charge a little more for the expansions I don't care.

Just stating my oppinion more **** is popping up with the platinum store...
    Let the flame begin.
    I agree completely. Everyone always defends the game saying that it is a POCKET game or a Mobile game. Well, why should I be spending $20, $30, $40 dollars on a Mobile game? I'm happy to pay for expansions and everything, and hell if they made these things cost money later on fine. However, we are what seems to be the "testers" for the game which I am fine with. Shouldn't we get a reward for helping supply input on the game?

Paying for everything is starting to get extreme and really lose my interest, and I think that is why you see the populations decreasing.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Folks, this is good feedback. We're just figuring out how to provide services and products. We're not trying to being greedy, we're trying to develop and run a business. If something is out of whack then please let us know. Like ya just did

I don't agree that infinite inventory space should be free, but there should be a fair price in there somewhere. Keep providing us feedback, and we'll keep tweaking things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

tweak the servers so we can play and we'll spend less time complaining lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Folks, this is good feedback. We're just figuring out how to provide services and products. We're not trying to being greedy, we're trying to develop and run a business. If something is out of whack then please let us know. Like ya just did

I don't agree that infinite inventory space should be free, but there should be a fair price in there somewhere. Keep providing us feedback, and we'll keep tweaking things.
    But we are loyal customers, sure don't allow level 13's but 35's have bought all your expansions.... I've spent $40 on this game for me and a few friends and next time I'll just tell them to buy there own stuff because instead of helping them I've pentalized myself by not have enough plat anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

3x3 is better atm anyway

you die in 5 seconds instead of 2 seconds. 150% more fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow... I spent $29.99 buying platinum and you think it's ok to charge me for inventory space for the weapons I need to play- some of which I bought with platinum? No way. You can't nickel & dime us to death. We pay for the new lvls. That should be it except for buying special cool weapons or unusual things. I'd rather you charge $5 for the new campaign and not nickel & dime me. Because having to pay for things like space for the weapons I need to play a game I PAID for is unfair.

If we get nickel & dimed to death, I'll consider my $29.99 plat purchase a loss, and I'll stop playing. I bought each lvl when it came out back in the day when they were $1.99 in iTunes so I've been a long and loyal customer. Maybe you don't care now, but you'll care when more campaigns come out in the future and I'm not buying them or playing them.

I agree w Obliteration...
    Last edited by Furrawn; 05-25-2010 at 12:35 AM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Again, we're not trying to nickel and dime... we're trying to find a sustainable business model. We very much appreciate your feedback, please give us time to assimilate it and respond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I am agreeing make maps $5 and drop the nickel and dime stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Feedback...

Just because Justg is a reasonable dev (as far as I've seen in his posts so far...) I can tone it down to feedback. For Justg only, at least (hey, it's what he gets for being a neutral/helpful active posting dev)

1. Obliteration put it quite harshly, but at the same time, I agree. As a start, having 5 slots for the stash is nothing, and paying 120p for less than 100 slots in the stash is just laughable. Let's approach this calmly; buying 75 plat in one go is $9.99, 30 plat is $4.99 - generally, people buy $15-30 gift cards. Spending the money for 75 plat already makes at least 1/3 of the $30 gift card go bye-bye (with no chance of refund). Fun. Or how about 25 extra stash slots? 45 platinum? Sounds okay... until you realize that stash doesn't serve much purpose at all if you can have another character as a pack mule, but then again.... many don't have that luxury, because we also need to spend more platinum to purchase extra character slots!

2. "Dude!! Did you hear! PVP is gonna be released!" ---- "So excited!" ---- "Insert Million PVP Thread Replies here ----
    After announcing the whole feature of PVP and creating its own designated forum in the section, the general idea is that, sure, PVP will be great, and certain features will have to be purchased in PVP; that is to be expected. No problem. Whoa, hold the phone... We have to pay for separate MAPS to play with more people? Alright then.... 10 plat, I can handle that. But let's say I want to play with my guild.... Whoa, hold your HORSES.... we're going to have to pay a total of TWENTY platinum to play on a larger map? At the very least, 20 platinum to access all the features of PVP? With some potions that cost nearly a whole dollar apiece for one-time use lasting less then 7 or so minutes? Okay. Soldier on. Too bad I guess.

3. Obliteration and Demarrer summed it up once again quite nicely. We're going to spend at the very least (32 plat for the first four maps deal and extra 10 for ancient swamps) $6.97 for all the maps; and there are many to come. Many players who haven't even reached 25 still buy the Swamps, and most do not have the luxury of having enough at the time to purchase the four map pack deal, as it was released later, so we bought many of those expansion dungeons individually. In this, we should already be considered loyal customers, as far as my knowledge extends.

In short, just throwing it out there for the devs to see. In the end, many will quit just because there are way too many features that require payment to access them. Hey, if you silence me because of this, keep in mind most likely a large majority of Pocket Legends are not active on these forums - whether or not they see this post on Spacetime's forums, many will quit if this continues.

Think it out SStudios. Good luck.
    Vigor - Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LordRaid View Post
    Feedback...

Just because Justg is a reasonable dev (as far as I've seen in his posts so far...) I can tone it down to feedback. For Justg only, at least (hey, it's what he gets for being a neutral/helpful active posting dev)

1. Obliteration put it quite harshly, but at the same time, I agree. As a start, having 5 slots for the stash is nothing, and paying 120p for less than 100 slots in the stash is just laughable. Let's approach this calmly; buying 75 plat in one go is $9.99, 30 plat is $4.99 - generally, people buy $15-30 gift cards. Spending the money for 75 plat already makes at least 1/3 of the $30 gift card go bye-bye (with no chance of refund). Fun. Or how about 25 extra stash slots? 45 platinum? Sounds okay... until you realize that stash doesn't serve much purpose at all if you can have another character as a pack mule, but then again.... many don't have that luxury, because we also need to spend more platinum to purchase extra character slots!

2. "Dude!! Did you hear! PVP is gonna be released!" ---- "So excited!" ---- "Insert Million PVP Thread Replies here ----
    After announcing the whole feature of PVP and creating its own designated forum in the section, the general idea is that, sure, PVP will be great, and certain features will have to be purchased in PVP; that is to be expected. No problem. Whoa, hold the phone... We have to pay for separate MAPS to play with more people? Alright then.... 10 plat, I can handle that. But let's say I want to play with my guild.... Whoa, hold your HORSES.... we're going to have to pay a total of TWENTY platinum to play on a larger map? At the very least, 20 platinum to access all the features of PVP? With some potions that cost nearly a whole dollar apiece for one-time use lasting less then 7 or so minutes? Okay. Soldier on. Too bad I guess.

3. Obliteration and Demarrer summed it up once again quite nicely. We're going to spend at the very least (32 plat for the first four maps deal and extra 10 for ancient swamps) $6.97 for all the maps; and there are many to come. Many players who haven't even reached 25 still buy the Swamps, and most do not have the luxury of having enough at the time to purchase the four map pack deal, as it was released later, so we bought many of those expansion dungeons individually. In this, we should already be considered loyal customers, as far as my knowledge extends.

In short, just throwing it out there for the devs to see. In the end, many will quit just because there are way too many features that require payment to access them. Hey, if you silence me because of this, keep in mind most likely a large majority of Pocket Legends are not active on these forums - whether or not they see this post on Spacetime's forums, many will quit if this continues.

Think it out SStudios. Good luck.
    Great summary Steve, and no I don't have a problem paying for Maps, PvP or maybe unique weapons. But even an extra character slot is pushing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Like I said make that maps $5 each but keep the PvP to $2 because this game is more of a PvE base. My oppinion anyway. Just the little things I disagree with being paid for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My name's Richard xP

And thanks

I also agree that unique weapons purchased with plat are fair - just too many things in PL are starting to require money in your pocket... Kind of pushing it for many of us players, =/ Just like you mentioned, the extra character slot. Unnecessary. And there's no real excuse for that considering we've only been able to have 2 characters on an account without purchasing more slots since the beginning of this game.

I'm not saying the devs did this deliberately, but if they thought it out a bit more maybe even the first releases of new features would be received with more general approval, ya know? >,<
    Vigor - Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree, and sorry your name is now Steve, along with everyone else. "join my group named Steve"
    But yeah pretty much only the core shall be paid for in my opponion. And I believe me and you on are the same page.
    Also I apologize for sounding harsh, but if your to light you won't be noticed.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am the first to agree that the developers deserve to actually make money on this game, and until recently I have felt the pricing to be reasonable. However, the two things that have rubbed me the wrong way are the stash pricing (FAR too high in my opinion, almost offensively high) and limiting inventory to 50 slots. I know you have to find ways to make your money, but those ones just really didn't seem necessary to me. Wait, add a third one to the list, PvP. I suppose this was just because I didn't even consider having to purchase PvP maps, and no mention was made of having to purchase maps until after PvP was officially announced. I kind of assumed that PvP would be like the extra maps that were added a while back, so you would get a PvP map for each campaign you had purchased. Once again, that one was probably either my own misguided assumption or just a lack of communication about how PvP would work once introduced.

Please don't misunderstand, I know this isn't a charity and these are your full-time jobs so you deserve fair compensation. I don't agree with the tone that some others are voicing this issue with, but they do raise a valid point for discussion. I think overall you've moved in the right direction by giving discounts for platinum in bulk, bundling past map packs, lowering respec pricing, etc. Now you just need to keep on working on adding more depth to the game and you'll be rolling in dough before you know it
    Last edited by nerdherd; 05-25-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just my opinion, i feel that pvp should only be paid once as well instead of paying by arenas of 3v3 or 5v5.

the same with others, storage space should not be bought but instead given.

given the frequent change of game details which will eventually make players respec, i feel respecs should be free or maybe 0.5 platinum even. I have not spent plat to respec yet because once the game goes beyond lvl 35, which will not be anywhere the near future, i believe new spells will be out as well.

some games give free respecs with game details change, so i believe u guys can give us some free respecs as well. as earlier mentioned, we are like your alpha or beta testers but yet we have to keep paying for every little new content, which i feel is starting to anger people.

u charge plat for temp buffs which are normal with free 2 play games and tat should be the way. charging for new content is also fine. maybe there should be time when ur should discuss and come to consensus which contents are chargeable which aren't, and also isit the time to reward loyal players.
    Realm: Alterra [Join me in farming weekdays from 2100 (GMT+8) , 4 - 5 hrs ]
    Warrior Bear: Ziae (lvl 35)
    Xbow Archer: Yiae (lvl 35)
    Enchantress: Viae (lvl 30)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yeah I forgot about respecs.... That just straight up sucks to pay for. But god I have litterly made myself look like a huge asshole that loves to complain in less than one hour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Another thing, Elixirs shouldn't be bought with platinum... What a friggin' joke.
    list of things I think deserve to be bought in plat.

1. Expansion packs
    2. Unique weapons
    3. New races I would actually pay for that.

But everything else needs to come standard or changed to be bought with gold.