Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I dislike gcd it ticks me off and i get killed every 2 minutes i cant stand it please fix and atleast put world maps in the beining menu
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I enjoy playing pocket legends very much. I don't do pvp much but understand the concerns the pvp folks have with global cool down and agree it's an issue. FOR PVP. .5 seconds is an eternity in PVE. And tbh, when the dev said "I played it and liked it", it doesn't natter whatcha like, bud. We pay for the plat that pays your bills. It's just the facts.

The experience in PVE changed to the point that if a concession isn't made to allow us to play a little more like we did, I'll find other things to do. One person out of thousands doesn't matter much, I know. But don't try to feed me a turd and tell me it's steak. I'm a big boy.

8)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Small update on GCD PvE, Bear's perspective :

I was trying to do some of the new AO quests (500 aliens, Jailers/Tpaxx) in the Captive Map.

Have to say it is definitely much slower, but it seems right, almost appropriate. BUT, I was in Ao3, one campaign lower than my appropriate one. I have yet to try multiple BS runs, one last night with a group of elite friends was slower, much slower. I went from mostly tanking to doing damage by going dex and damage potting. After the GCD, it seemed I shifted more to just the tanking again, not necessarily a bad thing, but I would like it if I had the option to actually kill also.

Did bosses get a buff up? I spent an entire damage pot on tpaxx with a 2 others (40ish), last I remember I don't think it took that long, even counting in GCD.

From a more general perspective, have to say that PL went from a pick-up type of game to a sit-down type of game. I don't think I can play on the move anymore, granting the external factors; unstable reception, movement. It needs a whole lot more of focus into the game now.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-12-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dartagnian View Post
    I enjoy playing pocket legends very much. I don't do pvp much but understand the concerns the pvp folks have with global cool down and agree it's an issue. FOR PVP. .5 seconds is an eternity in PVE. And tbh, when the dev said "I played it and liked it", it doesn't natter whatcha like, bud. We pay for the plat that pays your bills. It's just the facts.

The experience in PVE changed to the point that if a concession isn't made to allow us to play a little more like we did, I'll find other things to do. One person out of thousands doesn't matter much, I know. But don't try to feed me a turd and tell me it's steak. I'm a big boy.

8)
    Rofl!!!..i totally agree with all of the above
    Lvl 56 Enchantress ~Stephnee~ Lvl 55 Warrior Stephneee Lvl 21 Engineer Astrastephnee lvl 20 Operative Novastephnee lvl 20 Commando Lunastephnee

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Only time will tell.

OK, completed some sewer runs with the GCD, and well, here is my analysis. The run took a little extra time which is fine, and I really liked the new kitting. I can understand why it was implemented, as GCD does make sense. Firing off skills like crazy leads to bad play. But my issue was I was more concerned with skill timing then actually enjoying the game, which made it really boring. The problem was if I felt like ~not~ using a skill whenever the GCD expired was a wasted opportunity. The game became much more about using skills because they are available instead of using skills because it was the right time for said skill.
    Maybe after some time, as a player I will get into a flow of using skills, but will that be good game play? Skill use based on 'flow' instead of skill use based on what the game presents? It almost feels like the difference between an automatic in a car and a manual. Sure automatics are good for those who want to coast along, and it keeps people from ruining their car, but in the right hands, a manual transmission use right has soooo many advantages.

Also, as for bosses, since I am firing all my skills into them at least twice, individual cool down effects that more then GCD so I don't see it as an issue there.

(repost, last was in a patch note, oops, my bad)

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's please not forget an earlier suggestion. Can't recall who posted it but all that is really needed is enough of a cool down to prevent multi touch spamming of skills. Would a .15 cool down not do this? I'm all for improving game performance but MrWallace, a lvl 55 bird, a couple of mages and I took on Overlord earlier this afternoon and it should not have taken 15 minutes. That is all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really enjoyed the pace of the game prior to this patch.

I've been playing MMOs for over a dozen years and this game more than any other reminded me of my first MMO love... UO. In that game, timing and speed (twitch) separated the top level gamer talent from the mediocre masses. With this patch, the game has become a slow drag. It makes me sad.

I've been here since early on, and I've made some good gaming friends - no price can be put on that. In addition, I've spent over $100 on content and platinum (without regret) so I think I've been a good customer -- the type STS would seek to retain in this game and carry to any new products they launch.

Current state, with such a major change in game play, I can't see myself playing PL much anymore. I really hope that the development team reconsiders, and/or finds alternate solutions to their scaling and server performance issues to return the game to its fast and furious state. While I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as they've quickly corrected mistakes in the past, I'm not expecting a reversal. As such, hopefully I can find another game I've enjoyed as much as this one. To STS, I'm really happy to have been part of such a fun game and to watch your success in revolutionizing mobile gaming, you've delivered an amazing mobile experience and invented a new genre in gaming.

Best,

j

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Going to need more gold for potions to play now because I doubt mages are going to be spamming heal. Ellie is going to be rich now!
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Sure automatics are good for those who want to coast along, and it keeps people from ruining their car, but in the right hands, a manual transmission use right has soooo many advantages.
    I like this analogy a lot. I pride myself as a veteran player and while I play as if I button mash, I really am comboing as fast as possible. Not everyone has the same exact reaction time. For players with fast reaction times, PvE GCD places us at a tremendous disadvantage. Pre-GCD, I wasn't an ape dumbly mashing skills and I'm sure the rest of my party weren't either. There's a huge difference between "button mashing" and "quick firing skills with finesse." Now that I've lost my stick shift rights, I am only as fast as the next dude who floors his accelerator.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I think a gcd is good. The xurrent one just feels extremey awkward.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltylooks View Post
    Hello! I was going to moan about a few things but its figured out now. One irk is, as a mage who dies ALOT, i spent plat by accident instead of tapping accept revive and i tap alot without thinking (Sorry if i sound cheap ). Other than that update is okaaay just need to get my bearings again.
    To the devs: Maybe in the next update allow an option to be toggled for the platinum revival to be enabled or disabled from showing upon death. This way if people want to enable using platinum to revive, they can still do so, but for those of us who do not want to pay platinum to revive nor run risk of doing so accidentally, can turn it off in a more permanent manner. Seems like something that could easily be implemented under the options menu?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I concur with physiologic and i do the same as he does i do all those combo practice and thrown away to the trash thanks to gcd
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Ok, i understand the GCD for multi touchers. Thing is when you suddenly change the entire game completely, different from the flow of the game you previously had, that gets frustrating. It seems much more sense only to have a cool down for much less than .5 second. .15 seems so much better as a multi toucher clearly can't hit two spells at the same time. Only reason i like this game is because i feed off of pvp. I'll spend money to make my character look good and stuff but i do this mainly for PvP and the competition and respect for players (I've made most of my good friends from PvP :P). Now that the flow of PvP has been completely thrown off, I'll say this and most players will... it is pretty frustrating. I can't get the kills and now this does feel like chess.

However, characters need to be able to adapt to the game, even if it means lots of adapting. You'll only be considered a good player if you're always able to roll with the punches. Also remember, it is for fun. I will lastly say i am an adapting player, but i truthfully don't like this update as a hardcore PvPer. I am almost positive Spacetime Studios can tweek up the update a bit and just give the game a little bit more of it's flow back. You try satisfying thousands of player, i can't even satisfy my sister

Ghosty
    Last edited by XghostzX; 04-12-2011 at 09:52 PM.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Locanis View Post
    To the devs: Maybe in the next update allow an option to be toggled for the platinum revival to be enabled or disabled from showing upon death. This way if people want to enable using platinum to revive, they can still do so, but for those of us who do not want to pay platinum to revive nor run risk of doing so accidentally, can turn it off in a more permanent manner. Seems like something that could easily be implemented under the options menu?
    Agree with that, I know it's far below the other options but I don't want it there at all. Is there a final decision after you click it? Like are you sure you want to use real game money because the mages are too busy staying alive and not reviving you? I was always paranoid about using plat to purchase a pot instead of gold, so this just adds another layer to things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ya that's a good point I hate dying and having it right there.....but from a business point of view it's smart, good advertising lol.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Plasticuproject

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    Played some stronghold with a reasonable group, one leaderboard member even there. Wipeouts, no spells, no damage, constantly just waiting for gcd. K&Q now come out together. Took quite a while before we managed to reset them so that only one stayed there to fight. That was all cool, they were too easy, but then... it took for ever, even with red elixirs and all. The whole thing felt about as fast paced as swimming *** first in tar. I closed the game and chuck away the tab.

I know one person who's gonna love this gcd, my wife.
    I may sign this.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

So, I pretty much love the update. The only problem is the GCD. I was hoping it would just stop multitouching, but in pvp all one can do is tap a skill and hope for a crit.. And it's hard to choose between healing and hitting... And buffing takes a lifetime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Agree with that, I know it's far below the other options but I don't want it there at all. Is there a final decision after you click it? Like are you sure you want to use real game money because the mages are too busy staying alive and not reviving you? I was always paranoid about using plat to purchase a pot instead of gold, so this just adds another layer to things.
    I would add to that, if a Mage offers a rev, it should be the only option available. I mean, can you think of any situation where you would purposely choose to respawn at the entrance or pay plat when you can get a free rev in place? Yet, I've accidentally tapped respawn at least once in the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

GCD is horrible. No reason and no benefit that I can see.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

The other alternative is to have "Resurrection Elixirs" available in the Elixir store, only purchasable by Platinum. These specific elixirs can be stored in the inventory and upon death, the option to use it can pop up - and the message pops up ONLY if you bought that elixir