Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Support/Development,

FYI ... I am on the Android platform and no longer have a world map nor the ability to join games.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

it would help out, probably strategically for pvp too, that skills should be separated into at least two different types. each type has its own independent GSC.

example: (using a mage)

-offensive and defensive
    while you cant cast attacks like fire or lightning off at once, you can suddenly put up mana shield right after a fireblast, considering how after damage such aggro coming your way should be handled rapidly. same for revive... no matter what attack you just casted at the enemy, you should be able to save the team before you also fall. debuffs count as offensive, so no worries about quick eliminations. this is a survivalist approach. might lead to saving defensive spells for emergencies instead of just part of a sequence, since you never know when sewer gas will cause a almost-wipe.

-health affecting and not health affecting
    more subtle IMO, skills that deal with health such as fire, drain hp, heal or rex (brought to life) have their own GSC while the rest, mainly debuffs and buffs, are separate. makes you choose between healing or hurting, weakening the enemy or fortifying your friends.

the general outcome of this is so that you have a slightly more interactive skillset with real time tactics (mainly pve) and so we can have some of the previous pve manslaughter/survival we all love.

edit:
    also, for those who think that the GSC is for more strategy in game, i disagree. now, more than ever, i am simply following sequences of spells. having multiple GSC timers could lead to being able to change the strategy mid flow. much harder in our current linear system.

Lol I previously did not want this here because it would get lost and not even be discussed.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No world map option sux. I just log on to see if there's a patch to correct the many issues that really need to be changed, until then I will find another game, gcd has destroyed gameplay for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First off I wanna say I love the game it has passed many hours for me. Also I like the new update short of one thing. Im not going to read 52 pages of rwplys but the cool down time ia causing a problem.

Being a lvl 55 archer I can't get enough abilities off in time when im swarmed to stay alive. Most lvls in the sewers I can make maybe dying once and using a few potions. Now im dying 5-0 times and going threw more potions. Basically it's notfun now especially doing the level 56 grind.

Please fix this so the game is enjoyable again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did my runs for the first time after the update with a random group of lv50s to 55s while I'm a 56 warbird.

1) gold fever- Int mages and dex birds kept dying. I had to spam healing pots constantly to prevent myself from getting killed. Died once at boss because i was waiting for the cool down to press my buff after I did a focus.

2) king n queen - with similiar team. I asked for permission to do a draw at the opening. Wow, the mages and birds dropped like flies. Good thing is they respawn next to the drawn mob. Else I would have died too because I couldn't spam my skills fast enough to dmg and kill the mob of 15 or more. No more mass mob drawing in stronghold. Died twice later due to pits and a smaller mob because I couldn't spam my skills fast enough to reduce the damage I'm receiving from a mob of 7 or 8.

Most turn of part was killing queen. Took very long to see some hp reduction. 3mins into the fight. Took a dmg pot. Dmg pot ended slightly after queen was killed! And I had actually taken the pot 3mins into the fight. If I were to pot from the start of the fight. Queen would still be standing while I wasted all the effects of the pot! On the whole, took about 10mins (Maybe more) to run stronghold and kill

I don't consider myself a "pro" but neither am I a noob but dying 3 times in 2 games because everyone in the team kept dying or trying to stay alive rather then complementing each other in the run is indeed a joke after the update. And the game play is now so slow and monotonous. In the mind, it just kept reciting 1,2,3,4,5... Indicating the timing to press my skills with respect to the cool down time...
    Last edited by Genes; 04-13-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please pl, i did around 10 runs in sewers a while ago and all i can think of is how to convince you to remove gcd. I gave up playing because im so pissed.. It takes forever to buff. My heal ability became useless because id rather wait for fire/ice and thunder to cause damage. It takes 10 years to complete 1 run. Mages are the most affected because we rely on our magic abilities. We have low armor and low damage unlike bear and birds. I used more health pots now than before. If ill use an elixir like the red pot, it wont reach the boss so i need to pot again. Theres no fun in playing pocket legends anymore..*Nyways im a 56pureint mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not weeding through the 50 odd pages, but here is some GOOD feedback.

- Dig the new faces, especially the bear ones. Oh and the the duck face? FlyingDuck can finally spread his wings and be a true duck.
    - GCD in PVP is good. No more spamming nonsense and button mashing, you have to actually use skill and strategy now. People who are bashing this are mostly likely dex birds. I haven't tried this in end game PVE yet, but I can only imagine how it slows things down.
    - Sure, farts are funny, but maybe if we could disable them in town? It's like a damn fart factory no matter where you go. They are pretty fun in PVP though, as someone who just got killed and farted on, can be pretty humiliated.
    - I suggest to move the revive for 1 plat button away from the middle of the screen. It will save you guys the headache of people emailing you, asking for a refund because it was a mistake; and will make it easier for us to avoid it.

Edit: oh and please bring add back a way for me to get into my character inventory and host/join map from the main menu. To have to join town every time to do something is not good.
    Last edited by BeardedBear; 04-13-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok... Post-Intial thoughts ....

I Played a couple hours last night... and wasted my morning coffee catching up on this thread this morning...

1) I have been playing MMOs before they were called such a thing and even had images thru ascii pictures and everything since, and I have definitely taken notice the STS/Devs really give a crap about this game, its players, the experience, and being pro-active and responsive. Alot of you know GCD has been in the works for a long time and I am sure alot of forsight and planning went into its impact of shifting alittle away from casual to more traditional MMORPG. (As discussed by Logic and others) So all I can do is trust in what I have seen in the past from STS is confine to make the best game as THEY see it for as many of us as they can by considering the voice of the vocal few but thinking of the public as a whole and adapting as fast as possible. And try to remember this whole mobile mmo thing is new... were are making the rules as we go and as technology adances such as tablets and 4G allow for more advanced game play they are walking that balance beam...

2) Now with my brown nosing and PSA aside a couple of constructive comments...
    * Buff durations need to be lenghend to accomdate GDC so they can remain a viable part of game play.
    * Dmg as a whole should be looked at and would assume it is... not sure what is off but not quite as fluid of a feel between doing dmg/ healing/ and buff & debuff maybe tweek stun and push back skills to allow more time for non dmg activities which would seem in line with your direction of more technique at higher level...
    * Combos should be considered for strengthen due to the demand on your in game resources to perform a combo went way up...
    * New Faces - Please have elf hands match the color of the skin tone of the face this has tossed me off a bit for a while now..
    * Fart pack - Everyone loves a good fart joke from time to time and maybe when the newness wears off this will die down but maybe increase the timmer for this emote pack 1 can be funny spammed get old quick...

Bottom line is now IMHO good to l33t groups are more important and should see little impact other than time and marginal pot use increase ... noob to sub par public group will get waxed or learn. Was painfully part of a group with a couple random 56 and others get pwnd by goldfinger and was obvious they were only button mashers with enough game time to level...

GCD does lengthen the overall game and is a bane to button mashers... my advice to all is tighten up your friends list maybe see true guilds some point in the future ...

That is my worthless virtual 2 gold on the subject...
    ~Elvix
    ~Elvix... UnGuilded... Insert cool picture and witty comment here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

lastnight I went to the new create charecter I have to say I love it! Like a little kid i had to touch all areas of the screen to watch the merry go round effect after a good laugh i selected each charecter to look at the choices available. Excellent job Devs this is great work.
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Cooldown

New cooldown is not that great....as a mage you depend on spells to protect you..but know it has weakened our mages because we cast spells so slow...before I could use spells in sequence.. now you have to wait and you die way too easily...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have spent almost an hour reading feedbacks.. Im really pissed with gdc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ok where to begin? The update in general is good due to opening for games as a new client and the faces are a plus. As for the globalcool down a straight drop to the bottom of the barrel. These cool downs have made the game horrific for pve and pvp people alike. U as gamers cant be serious that u truly believe that this cooldown is a plus? Cmon guy???as we say in game. Im not a newb. You certainly did well with alot of the differnent aspects. But the cooldown must change. Ive been in pl since last june an have enjoyed it immensely. An believe me have spent my share of platnum and will continue to do so as i have around 8 accts. But im sure your going to lose some very valued players if certain parts of this update arent changed. Thx for listening. Justbrutal justxbrutal xjustxbrutalx. Justxxbrutal onemanwarcrew hellxspawn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally agree....gcd has destroyed my mages effectiveness....I worked hard to become a level 54...no one helped me lvl and now I die so fast cause mages do not have great armor...we had great powers...plz..plz..plz fix gcd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try being a mage when that's what you rely on to stay alive...i have spent alot of time and platinum and a am pissed...it is no longer fun dying all the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I spend a couple of hours last night we a really good group of players, we mostly did stronghold since this is the one people have had the most problems with. At first we ran every dungeon and we did it in a reasonable time but still no where near the 5 min mark. Always took 2 to 3 minutes more than it used too and with a lot more deaths.

We found a few good strategies on K&Q where we would pull them apart easy and we found one to pull the queen alone. We had 3 birds and 2 paladins or 2 birds 2 pallys and 1 int mage. We couldn't do stronghold in less than 5 min and we had to use damage pot to kill the queen or we would only dent her a bit. Damage is significantly reduce with GCD and the ability to survive is also reduced.

Mages got the biggest hit since the need to use all their abilities and now they are not using debuffs as much as they used to and healing is taking a big hit. I always depend on pots for healing but playing as a mage you now have to sacrifice damage to heal the group and it makes the mage more of a chore to play rather than fun.

Why mages? well birds have 2 abilities most of us don't use and bears have 1 or 2 that they don't use that often. But birds have it easier (not too easy though) than the other 2 classes.

My suggestion is to keep the GCD but reduce its time to at least .25 or less and reduce mob damage or health a bit. The flow of the game seems much slower even with elite groups and that is one of the main reasons I love this game for its fast paced action.

PS: We didn't tried rounding up in stronghold maybe we will try tonight but I have a bad feeling about it.

Another thing that needs to be addressed
    The revive for platinum I haven't used it yet but I almost hit it every time I died by mistake. It was getting annoying not to hit it, I don't know if it has a confirmation if you really want to use it but if it doesn't it should. Also it could be moved to another area of the screen and not the center where you have to hit respawn or revive. Maybe move it to a corver or on the lower side of the screen.
    Last edited by Echelong; 04-13-2011 at 08:28 AM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did rounding up with 2 56s and rest 55........ didn't work so well. Was managable but still usually ended with everyone dead and one or 2 mobs left. After palying some more with the gcd I find I have to stick with main combo and maybe one abilty in bettween unless ii need to rebuff then I lose dps while bffing. The gcd is palyable but cluncky, time and money consuming, but bottom line is it just isn't fun anymore. I think the devs do a great job and I loved this game but until fix comes iam gona have to down rate game in market and put pl on back burner. Couple other games I've been meaning to play on my ipod and couple new mmos comming soon so until something changes weather tweaking of gcd or removal all togeather, I bid you pl farwell! Not a goodbye but a see you later!

If the gcd is something that can't be fixed till next apple submission then I guess it might be a long time.........absense makes the heart grow fonder....?
    Last edited by markus; 04-13-2011 at 08:50 AM.
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    PS: We didn't tried rounding up in stronghold maybe we will try tonight but I have a bad feeling about it.
    Tried it a few times yesterday, 2 birds 2 mages and me, all 55+. We ended with 4 wipes and a lot of laughs.
    Still, when the group timing was right it worked nearly as before. I needed some more health pots cause the mages couldn't heal enough and I had to stay in the nuke cluster longer than usual before bringing the next mobs.
    So I think without a good team where everybody knows what the other one does, roundup is nearly impossible. And I will stop surprising strangers with it in PUGS now :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Definitely keep a cool head about it. Those that know us, know we will keep working on things until they rock. Troll or multiple cries of this sucks can lead to temp (or perm) bans from here. We need level feedback, not drama.
    JustG Summed it up pretty well here on page 14. It's called playing an MMO, Sometimes the Devs make changes we like, sometimes they make changes we don't like. So let's give constructive criticism and move on with playing the game. Theres no need to quit and sit here crying about the GCD, truthfully its not even THAT Bad. As JustG and the other Devs stated already, they're watching, reading, AND playing. So lets let them do their jobs, and stop complaining!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

After playing for a little while, I have to say that I dislike GCD immensely, especially as an INT mage. It's a royal pain to have to focus on the skills icons to see when they're available to use, losing track of the other action. Plus, everything has become more painfully slow, especially on mobs that are little more than bags of HP (like ice trolls in Frozen Nightmares... seriously, a level 55 mage has to take over a minute to solo a MOB?) Enemies are not properly balanced to the GCD changes if people across the board are complaining that dungeons take 50% longer to run and that death rates have increased because enemy damage hasn't taken into account the delays in healing, buffing, and debuffing.

I would much rather see a rollback closer to the original version of skills, where there were longer cooldowns on individual skills, rather than limit my ability to fire off skill combinations in quick succession when I need to.

I don't think the arguments in favor of GCD really hold water. The idea that it improves strategy is belied by the fact that the more skill-dependent characters can no longer do their jobs effectively -- it's bad enough that soloing has become more difficult, just try getting a PUG together that has the right balance of builds so that the jobs can be split properly. The performance issue I think was overstated. I'm on an iPhone 3GS and only rarely did visual FX cause such issues that the game was difficult to play (and even then, it was usually a case of having too many background apps running). Options to reduce or disable the FX are all that's really needed for performance.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nvrm nothing to see....
    Last edited by markus; 04-13-2011 at 08:46 AM.
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage