Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gcd isn't bad, its actually quite good do to the boost in gaming performance. all im saying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The fart pack is disgusting and annoying. At least let us have the option to ignore them. Especially the ones that shake the screen.

Was really hoping you guys thought of this during a particularly drunk night out and would have come to your senses before the update. Sigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    First Impressions

I did a Plasma Pyramid run with moog along with much discussion about the new updates.

First off, when logging into the game, the time is significantly reduced to log in. Thank you STS for that, it was quite annoying pre-update.

The “Enter world” screen could be modified in my opinion. I like how simple the layout is, and definitely makes it easier for newer players, but it also took away an important feature to me: The town selection screen. Would it be possible to add just one more button, the map selection button? It would really benefit me, and I’m sure many other experienced players.

The new world map looks really good, I like how uncluttered it is. It also seems more intuitive.

The new faces are quite the selection! I have only seen the mage faces (since that is all I play), but there are some good ones on there. I went with the tribal face The standard 5 plat is a very reasonable thing to require when choosing your own independent look. Also, I’m sure the more variety of faces will lead to less “clone” characters walking around. (kind of tired of seeing a group of MM avatars roaming the sewers lol)

A few bugs I have noted:
    When I initially installed the update, it would turn my screen black, then revert back to my homescreen. I uninstalled it, redownloaded and installed, and it is working fine so far.

When I click on the “Join” button on my friends list, no matter where said friend is, I get disconnected from the server. However Moog was able to join me in Plasma Pyramid on his second try (first try he got disconnected).

Now about the GCD..
    While moog was disconnected from attempting to join, I began to run PP solo. Boy was that a challenge! Timing skills is very difficult to adjust to once you are used to having no cool down between them. While wearing full MM with wand bonus, I almost died 3 times… in PP… That was a shock. This is going to be a massive learning experience about timing skills before combat (buffs, magic shield), and while in combat.

Now when moog joined we began to double team the PP map (both on our mages). He and I played our pre-GCD style and succeeded in the completion of the PP map, but it was slower than I could have done solo pre-GCD. “I think this is the end of the solo days” moog said, and I happen to agree with him. We noticed that mob HP seemed to be less. I was one hitting many of them, when pre-GCD I would not have. Not sure if bosses have changed at all, will have to do more research. I did notice the lightning skill seemed to take effect much quicker, I would cast and almost instantly it would hit (whereas pre-GCD I would cast, followed by a pause, then the bolts would strike). The “available combo time” seemed to be longer as well, which is necessary with the cooldown.

Both of us think GCD will revolutionize the playing style of all builds. Mages have become MUCH more necessary on a team. Since there is such a long cooldown, it takes a whopping 2 seconds to cast all buff/debuff skills. That is the difference between life and death. Throw on a heal and a rev, and you are over 3 seconds. IMO there will have to be 2 mages on each team. One that is the debuff, heal, and rev mage. While the other is the Attack, combo, buff mage. One can simply NOT cast all spells in a group of mobs and be successful. You need a team. Another option would be that one mage chooses one debuff and the freeze skill, and the other chooses the second debuff and the firestorm skill. That way the combo would still be performed, and both can be active members of the team.

I know the devs mentioned they were going to tweak the mobs hp/our damage to make it work better, but I think decreasing the amount of damage a mob can deal is the best option. Getting hit by 10 mobs with pre-GCD (from now on I’m going to call pre-GCD, PGCD) damage is quite damaging, along with the inability to cast heal/drain life (due to it cooling down between attacks), make it MUCH more challenging. By decreasing mob damage (leave our damage how it was PGDC, no need to change that if mob damage is reduced), it would even out the survivability time.

I will wait until I have more experience with the GCD to make a final opinion of it, but for now I’m sticking with “challenging”

Question: Are passwords to maps case sensitive? If so, it might be a good idea to make them not so. Some phones auto capitalize the first letter of a word, while others don’t. If a host creates a password and doesn’t realize that it is capitalized, no one will be able to join the game even with the password being “known”.
    this just about sums it up for me now. my only issue now is the first option menu after logging in. i love everything else.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Appreciate the offer but I wear sandals. Anyway, have you tried the new straffing. It is mad smooth, and if you had been here longer, you would know I have been asking for something like this since turn to shoot was added back in August, which BTW, was the WORST UPDATE EVA!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...he-Run-and-Gun

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NeoQueen View Post
    ...is, no offense, the worst thing I have seen with this game. It makes no sense to me. U have to wait to use your skills, but then they still have their individual recharge times. Please, please, please ( I am begging you) put the skill controls back to the way they were. They are also darker now which makes some of the skills look as if they are in the recharge phase when they are not, which is very confusing. Otherwise the update is great. I just don't want to quest for the new mystery items due to the skill controls.

So, I am adding to my initial comment. Can someone please explain to me how GCD in PVP is supposed to help? Just played and, although not given a lot of time, died extremely fast. I mean, as a Mage you want to shield yourself, but then while you are waiting for your skills to 'cool down' you get hit and then no mana. Well there are no potions in PVP so while you a waiting for mana regen your opponents skills have already cooled down and then you are dead. So how is GCD beneficial?

But I digress, my main complaint is with PVE. Playing in the sewers, the only place my Mage can level, is so frustrating and yet boring at the same time. Frustrating because I liked to challenge my self to see how fast I could mass kill with my team while simultaneously healing them and not dying. Now it's simply press wait press wait press wait snooze. Which leads to it being boring. With everyone having to wait to use a skill there is no lull in the killing frenzy where everyones skills are recharging. Therefore are mana potions as a Mage really necessary? We have great mana and health regen and due to the GCD our mana has enough time to increase, taking away one of the greatest Mage challenges- staying alive with no mana! I mean, if I don't need to worry about mana all I have to do is health potion spam and I am okay. Is that how I really want to play this game?

In conclusion I must say that I will never understand the reasoning behind implementing GCD in PVE games. So, until I know for sure if this component of the update will stay or go I am boycotting Pocket Legends. I will save my remaining platinum for Blackstar and, if that doesn't have GCD, spend my time there. I am really sad though. I was leveling a bear and really wanted to see it at level 56.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hate the half sec cooldown for all stats it gets rid of the point of combos. Now you have like a 100% higher chance of dying. Not to mention I can't find the world map!
    Forget California girls, Joysey girls are where it's at!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WHAT HAPPENED? IT DOES NOT WORK FOR ANDROID! I run Android 2.2 on a Galaxy S Facinate on Verizon. why will PL not load after update?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Devs honestly consider what the people that have to play the game think of it instead of just oh i think it will be good. It wrecks the whole experience for the oldies.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azulflame View Post
    WHAT HAPPENED? IT DOES NOT WORK FOR ANDROID! I run Android 2.2 on a Galaxy S Facinate on Verizon. why will PL not load after update?
    uninstall it and redownload it from market place , this worked for me but im on a droid x

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I wonder what will happen if no one buys plat until they put it back.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyTan View Post
    im sorry to say this but IF I KNEW U GUYS WOULD MAKE A COOLDOWN ON THE SKILL, I WOULD NOT BUY ALL THE MAP. i just wanna quit the game now ... sigh ...... wasted $$ buying all the stuff and have fun till lvl 30 ..... thx to u guys for teaching me a lesson. NEVER BUY THING THAT U DONT NEED NOW.
    Settle down TiffanyTan, I am sure with all the current dislike of the new patch, they will be rebalancing it in the near future. My suggestions personally being to either limit the cooldown to pvp only, or barring that, make it less dramatic. Maybe a cooldown of .20 or .25 instead of the current .50 implemented.

This is the first hours of the first day the patch has been released. Like anything new or this different, there will always be "growing pains" until the bugs or balancing have achieved finality. One thing everyone should remember, this game is obviously also out to make a profit and pull in new players as well as retain the current players. If they feel there is a strong jeaprody to the success or survival of the game, it -will- be changed or altered as seen fit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parasyte View Post
    ya... Right like that will happen...
    I will. Dunno bout yall but i will.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

to be honest... I'm not liking the cool down one single bit! and also they need to put the main menu back to how it was or at lease readd the town selection to it.
    Pocket Legends: TheBirds L. 65 bird, TheGrizley L. 60 Dex Tank, TheMages L.58 Int Mage
    Star Legends: TheBirds L. 25 Commando, TheEngineer L. 19, TheOperative L. 18

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks this is now the worst game i have played -.-
    You sir, are an pure idiot .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

first download didnt work it crashed i almost cried lol
    but uninstalled and worked second time i just finished dwnload... sooooo stoked!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This timer is poisen. I can not see a advantage. The runs takes 10 times longer now, big mobpulls are deadly, u have to fix your eyes on the timed skills and lost the overview of the fight, traps u have no eyes for...

No Action...
    No Fun!

The most motivated thing was farming pinks and gold, this is over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Lol @ all these people bashing the update with words like "garbage" and "trash" and "worst"

I think you could be more constructive than flaming them for their work. -_- Just sound like a bunch of crying whiners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    You sir, are an pure idiot .
    So am i then?
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quitting the game completely or refusing to buy Plat because of an update is going too far. Obviously there's a ton of disgruntled players and they definitely foresaw this coming, but as Locanis said, this is only day one of the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Naw devs dont care what u do. They dont care about the people that have to suffer to this garbage.
    That was a quick ban.

This was poor feedback anyway. He plays for a few hours or even less and starts getting bitter.