Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    The other alternative is to have "Resurrection Elixirs" available in the Elixir store, only purchasable by Platinum. These specific elixirs can be stored in the inventory and upon death, the option to use it can pop up - and the message pops up ONLY if you bought that elixir
    Sounds good to me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Small PvP Bear Update :

I last a lot longer now. It's no longer "take damage from a bird/mage and die, to allow your bird/mage team mate to kill them", but actually relies on timing and strategy. Although it's a bit frustrating at times when in the midst of battle, I want to cast a few spells that I would need but limited to the GCD, I just have to get used to it though. Better PvP experience for me, a bear, for the birds/mages I'm not sure they feel the same since they can't beat on me as easy anymore :P

PvE:

Still the same feeling, slow and a bit boring - blunt but I can't find another way to describe it. It adds a lot of formality to the game, almost like a turn-by-turn game. The fun in PvE pre-GCD was that you'd be able to separate the good players from the decent from the bad. Again, might be something I'd just have to get used to, but I would whole heartedly prefer no GCD in PvE, or a very very slight one just to remove the multitouch capability.

I'm not sure, but maybe even GCD in skills with damage only? I don't see why you can't buff up at once, or debuff at once. I'd understand damage skills though, that's the whole point of GCD anyway.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I would add to that, if a Mage offers a rev, it should be the only option available. I mean, can you think of any situation where you would purposely choose to respawn at the entrance or pay plat when you can get a free rev in place? Yet, I've accidentally tapped respawn at least once in the past.
    Currently the option to accept a revive just gets lumped in with the others, I would never choose not to accept the rev if I can help it. I would respawn before using a plat. Does the plat revive even give you anything but full health and mana (pots perhaps)? I don't see the actual use of this I mean it's only saving you a few gold for pots and a bit of time running back to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Ya that's a good point I hate dying and having it right there.....but from a business point of view it's smart, good advertising lol.
    Completely disagree with this statement (sorry Major). I think it's actually bad marketing, I mean if you accidentally choose this option you feel like you were cheated out of your plat, like "Ha, that'll teach you not to pay attention, or have fat fingers" I personally don't like it. Plat should be for items that are somewhat exclusive, anything that can be purchased with gold, shouldn't have a separate plat option (I mean who really chooses to spend 20 plat for a 5 min elixir when it's just 12000g) I can always earn more gold, there are no plat drops (as far as I know). It's like the 50 plat option to change your name (50 plat, isn't that like $8)! I would think about paying 50 plat for changing my class, and that is about it, maybe 10 to change a name would get more people to bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    The other alternative is to have "Resurrection Elixirs" available in the Elixir store, only purchasable by Platinum. These specific elixirs can be stored in the inventory and upon death, the option to use it can pop up - and the message pops up ONLY if you bought that elixir
    Once again a great suggestion by one of our guardians! This is usually how RPGs are played, with a resurrection potion kept on ice for critical situations.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 04-12-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

How about increasing the potency of potions? I'm pretty sure mages are less likely to use heal like they did before (spamming when available).
    Last edited by Ayrilana; 04-12-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    Okay, played a few games with the new "GCD" and first impression is: Ugh, it's terrible. We may be accustomed to the spamming of skills, but I'll tell you that spamming fun. Getting used to the new GCD is not something I look forward to (for one, I'm to old to easily accept change). The game was much more fun (and faster) without the GCD. IMO GCD=Fail, sorry Devs, I usually like what you implement but this one is hard to swallow, I'd offer any positive I could, but can't see one except change back to old way, I think it's something that sets PL apart from other games and makes it so appealing.

Edit: Agree, GCD for PVP only, we suggested this initially, but apparently it was not considered.

Kraz
    Completely agree. I will not be buying anymore platinum while GCD is in effect. I may even quit playing altogether. This greatly reduces the amount of fun I have. Its actually quite frustrating!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    How about increasing the potency of potions? I'm pretty sure mages are less likely to use heal like they did before (spamming when available).
    Healing... seriously?! You're lucky to get a revive with this new update. It's every man, woman, and child for themselves out there *grabs a lifevest*.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Currently the option to accept a revive just gets lumped in with the others, I would never choose not to accept the rev if I can help it. I would respawn before using a plat. Does the plat revive even give you anything but full health and mana (pots perhaps)? I don't see the actual use of this I mean it's only saving you a few gold for pots and a bit of time running back to the group.
    It allows you to buy a rev IN PLACE OF a death. A rich persons way to great K/D ratios
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    It allows you to buy a rev IN PLACE OF a death. A rich persons way to great K/D ratios
    Revives never replaced deaths, just allowed you to continue on with the party. How sure are you about your statement? Did you test this yourself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Hey

Things alot of people are Complaining about as well as me

1. The GCD
    2. The Join Button
    3. Whatever You Guys Did To King And Queen

Plz fix these issues GCD was terrible idea if you guys can fix the GCD and Join button that would be fine, King and Queen we could figure something out, but why did you guys mess with that you guys should be proud of what we figured out wasn't that the point to try and separate them... Oh and one more thing what happened to Sewer set bonus ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I hate that my first post had to be a complaint. I enjoy the game and currently have 7 alts- 4@55. The GCD is just that bad that I had to comment. It takes the fun out of the game and negates all the hours spent up to this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Revives never replaced deaths, just allowed you to continue on with the party. How sure are you about your statement? Did you test this yourself?
    From the "In Development" forum:
    "Players can now purchase a revive for full health at the position of death for 1 Platinum."

Perhaps I am just reading this wrong, I see it as replace 1 death count (position) for 1 plat. But I could also see it as, at the position of your death (on the ground? lol) you can rev yourself for a plat.

Not sure which one it is now
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    From the "In Development" forum:
    "Players can now purchase a revive for full health at the position of death for 1 Platinum."

Perhaps I am just reading this wrong, I see it as replace 1 death count (position) for 1 plat. But I could also see it as, at the position of your death (on the ground? lol) you can rev yourself for a plat.

Not sure which one it is now
    It's AT the position of death, not IN the position of death. It's simply you spawning where you died. The death still counts I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weobub07 View Post
    Things alot of people are Complaining about as well as me

1. The GCD
    2. The Join Button
    3. Whatever You Guys Did To King And Queen
    I don't mind that the King and Queen are now "unexploited" ( I was in chatbox when either JustG or Thade said the separate pulls were an exploit that was now fixed), but this GCD thing is pretty universally reviled. It would probably be better to install it as a function of PvP, since PvP is separate from PvE world interaction. If there was a way to duel in PvE, I could very much understand it. PvE is a separate set of dungeons from PvP, and there's a blizzard of odd game features that separate them already. What's one more?

I don't think multitouch hurt PvE very much, did it? How would it have?

keep in mind, I haven't played with GCD on, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I'm gonna miss the old gameplay when I come back.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Wow guys show some respect they work hard to satisfy you selfish kids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I haven't read thru the last 10 pages or so, but another bit of a problem. I accepted one of the new quests, "Diary from the Undead". Is there a reason there's a big ol' thing on the top of my game screen that says:

"Recover twenty (20) pages of Lightfeather's Diary from bosses in
    the Ancient Pyramids!
    Diary Pages Recovered!: (1/20)"

I really don't need that covering up the upper portion of my screen and, other than abandoning the quest, there doesn't seem to be any way to get rid of it. It makes Sewer runs more......"interesting", I guess.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 04-12-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In pve the global refresh rate for skills is simply garbage, lol...
    i'd understand pvp... but not pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    I don't mind that the King and Queen are now "unexploited" ( I was in chatbox when either JustG or Thade said the separate pulls were an exploit that was now fixed), but this GCD thing is pretty universally reviled. It would probably be better to install it as a function of PvP, since PvP is separate from PvE world interaction. If there was a way to duel in PvE, I could very much understand it. PvE is a separate set of dungeons from PvP, and there's a blizzard of odd game features that separate them already. What's one more?

I don't think multitouch hurt PvE very much, did it? How would it have?

keep in mind, I haven't played with GCD on, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I'm gonna miss the old gameplay when I come back.
    As far as multi in pvp goes... Imagine being a good distance from your opponent: an archer. All of a sudden: CRUNCH. All arrows at once and out of your range. It's like running into a brick wall or being hit by a train. There is no time to fight back. Archer crit, hit, and ability to pop mana shield is bad enough for mages already. All of it at once was just bs...And not everyone CAN multitouch because it depends on the device. There was such an unfair advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I should have posted this here instead of in the patch notes. Sorry if you've read it already...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    Hey devs,

I appreciate the early release to get a better idea of how the GCD would truly affect gameplay. I had no qualms with GCD and was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. By no means am I a button masher. I am very methodical in how I play and very conscious of the skills I select and when I select them. I tried didfferent dungeons to see how my game was affected and was very disappointed in the outcome. I feel like PVE is very unbalanced now. I do not play PVP and have no intention of playing PVP so the GCD has done nothing but harm to my game experience. I have been an avid player since September 2010 and have tried to convince many RL friends to spend their money on this game as well. I now feel bad for doing that to them since the game does not have the same flow that it used to have. I feel like I have cheated them out of their money. I do hope you take everyone's comments to heart and make some very necessary adjustments to the gameplay. Thank you for all your hard work and hope that things get better in the near future or I too will be asking for a refund for the plat that I have recently purchased.

Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    As far as multi in pvp goes... Imagine being a good distance from your opponent: an archer. All of a sudden: CRUNCH. All arrows at once and out of your range. It's like running into a brick wall or being hit by a train. There is no time to fight back. Archer crit, hit, and ability to pop mana shield is bad enough for mages already. All of it at once was just bs...And not everyone CAN multitouch because it depends on the device. There was such an unfair advantage.
    He was talking about PvE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    He was talking about PvE
    Oops.. Lol one letter off. I blame my itouch for being so small... I prefer my laptop :/