Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im sorry to say, but no one really likes the GCD including myself. IMO its a slow and broken dummed down version of the much better heavy and faced paced gameplay it could still be. If it were me I would keep the GCD and stick it to PVP and take it out of PvE cause all I ever hear is people complaining about being one shot in PVP and only in PVP! Rather than the GCD I think you guys pretty much did excellent in just about everything else except for the few minor glitches which will soon be fixed. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh but this is only feedback after all.

Ty STS, for putting in great effort into this update.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    It doesn't make PvE harder. It doesn't take any skill to survive and be a good player at all, as evidenced by my post-GCD sewer runs. It just makes everything slower.
    How does it not make pvp harder? The simple fact that you cannot fire off 3 or 4 skills at once with multitouch changes everything. I don't pvp much but I do know people would use multi touch to fire skills simultaneously. Now you can't. And that means more skill.

Edit: oops you said pve . Nvm lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i think gcd should only apply to pvp because there are a lot of players who mostly do pve and they like the fast paced style of it and now with gcd its slowed down and many many ppl find it boring because of it... so i think gcd only for pvp pls and also gcd should not apply to the buffing skills i.e. takes a bear like four seconds to buff if they include taunt
    Last edited by smokester; 04-12-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I believe the PvE GCD will push PL further and further away from a "casual" MMO into an MMO fit more for hardcore players. But if the intent is to market primarily for hardcore MMO players (like players in WoW), then I can see how the GCD's challenge is warranted. Otherwise, the grind will definitely be way too tough for new players. I believe enemy nerfs or increased skill damage needs to balance GCD out.
    Actually from a few friends I have that still play WoW they changed the game a lot to be more casual friendly than those of us that came form the MC, BWL, Naxx and AQ20 and 40 era. One friend told me C'tunn(I think this was the name, sorry forgot its been a long time) was one of the main reasons because of the difficulty it had back then.

GCD could still be applied to PVE but in a less annoying way. .5 seconds might not seem a lot on paper but its a lot on the game. Maybe all they need to add is a feature that prevents skill to be used simultaneously or a smaller GCD. I agree with you if maps take too long it would be a very long grind especially the grind to 56.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingGiant View Post
    How does it not make pvp harder? The simple fact that you cannot fire off 3 or 4 skills at once with multitouch changes everything. I don't pvp much but I do know people would use multi touch to fire skills simultaneously. Now you can't. And that means more skill.
    psy said PVE harder not pvp
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I should put this in bug forum but you might see it here first. It seems I can't join games when invited whether its town or dungeon. When click join nothing happens than my lag jumps up right after that and I get disconnected. This has happened about 7 times today. It happens everytime I click join.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Another issue that's much more minor: I know I said I wouldn't complain about the fart pack, but I just really don't like to hear fart and puke noises every time I log into town. Used to be I could leave my device with the sound on and go afk when I didn't want to feel alone (yes I have no life), and all you could hear were the background birds chirping and people sometimes doing fireworks. Now you can't even go into town for a minute without hearing everyone farting and puking. Several of my friends were also saying how disgusting they find this.

Since half the PL population seems to like this kind of humor and the other half hates it, could we have an option to hide those emotes? That way those who find them funny can enjoy them and the rest of us can be left in peace.
    +1 Oh that's brilliant! Admittedly, I'm on the fence with the fart pack. For the most part, I don't want to see it abused but then I'll use it just to humor myself. For the same reason I don't want to be annoyed when I don't want to hear it, I wouldn't want to annoy the next person if they're not in the mood either. A passive "ignore" feature would just solve that!

Along the same lines, I'm still hopeful for a hide Big Luck/vanity item option, too.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Overall great update, devs! The cool down will be very difficult to get used to..
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #170
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

There is a known issue with joining games through the friends list. We are working on a fix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I believe the PvE GCD will push PL further and further away from a "casual" MMO into an MMO fit more for hardcore players. But if the intent is to market primarily for hardcore MMO players (like players in WoW), then I can see how the GCD's challenge is warranted.
    Except that hardcore players would also want fast-paced gameplay which this one isn't after GCD.

Just finished a Stronhold run. It took 4 potted dps players to kill the queen and even then it took a while; they couldn't even make a dent in her with no one potting and even with just a single mage potting. (In case you're wondering, we had 5 in the party and I was the tank keeping King away since I had somehow messed up the pull, and no I don't usually do that - don't know what got into me lol...)

So I agree that some rebalancing of mob hp is definitely needed with cooldown. But even then I wouldn't be a fan of it because it changes how the gameplay feels. The main problem isn't that levels are slower to get through, it's that they're less interesting.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank god I bought the furies and sewers before the GCD. Farming for these are going to globally suck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanitall View Post
    I hate It... It ruined pvp.. Not fun anymore
    this is exactly the kind of feedback the devs do not want... stop trolling and pls provide constructive feedback/criticism i.e why you hate it and how does it suck?
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I know I am showing my PL age here, but I've been through enough drastic changes in gameplay and mechanics over the last 10 months to have some perspective that may be useful. When AO3 came out, and killing some bosses required elixirs, people predicted the end of PL. Likewise when "crush the rush" came about. The reality is that the game has changed yet again, and some players will quit as a result, while others will find the game more strategic and complex. For the rest of us, I bet PL will feel "normal" again after a couple of hours of gameplay. Ultimately the devs will do what they think is best for the game long-term and all I can do for now is give them the benefit of a couple of hours of grinding before I declare GDC a success or a failure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There seems to be increased sensitivity with pulling king/queen. We have had to seperate them and kill them that way each of the four times I have run through. Also...it had taken away the fast pace that is a major appeal to me in this game. I dont want to spend 3-5 minutes killing one thing. It gets boring quick. I know you guys are taking all the critique in and trust you will improve some of the issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The half-second GCD makes it so I can't even drain my mana if I want to. No point in having potions. It slows down gameplay so much that I can't get halfway through a dungeon without dying 4 or 5 times, when just an hour ago I could complete it without dying at all. 1.7.1 is a different game. Not the game I spent money on, and seeing how I have no option to downgrade after 2 PM, I'm pretty sure I just got robbed.

If people like the GCD, fine. Make it an OPTION when you host a game. Don't handicap the rest of us so we're all as slow as those people. (Harrison Bergeron, anyone?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Having now tried it, I can officially state that GCD sucks. Badly. Big time. No, bigger than that, even. Devs, I love you like brothers, but come on--birds have sucky armor to begin with. The only other defense we have is skills and now those are gone. Is it even possible to self-combo now? Is there some reason why something that's a problem within PvP has to leak over and effect those of us who are primarily PvE? Could you have GCD effect only the arena games and not the rest of us? Please? Pretty please? ETA: yes, you can self-combo, but it is horribly, mind-numbingly slow.

Ah, Smokester requested specifics:
    1. Could the Devs make the bird's self-buffs last a little longer? Since I'll now have to apply the buffs a longer period of time before I might need them to make up for the cool-down, it'd be nice if they lasted a bit longer.
    2. You've not only made self-combos harder/impossible, but cooperative combos (such as bird/mage, bear/bird, etc.) are going to be next to impossible. Sure, I just threw down thorn wall, but golly, the mage already used their skill of heal so now they can't combo with me thanks to the cool-down. Since cooperation between the different parties is supposed to be a component of the game, the GCD is kind of making that difficult. If we're stuck with the GCD (please, no), can you make so that combos can still occur even though there may be a few second lag between the two parts of it? I.e. I throw thorn wall, but the mage has used heal and can't immediately cast lightning--could you make it so that if they cast lightning after the cool-down, it still takes effect?
    3. Birds and mages depend on skills to make up for appallingly bad armor. Are the Devs going to give us better armor to make up for it? Or increase the distance our skills/weapons can hit from so we can stay farther back? Or am I just supposed to buy tank pots from here on in?
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 04-12-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

One problem I don't like... Skill recharge

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just thought the game is for fun, with GCD, I feel I am an old crapy man play a crapy game, no fun. will play less and less and finally quit, if no change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Devs, removing multitouch doesn't have to mean to slow down gameplay. First time ever... i thought in game "should I rev the dead player or heal the group". Please reconsider finding a better solution without GCD.
    Chantylily - Mage, Chanterella - Archer, Chantankie - Bear
    Chantylily - Vampy & Sorcerer, Chant - Engineer, Chanty - Operative, Chantanky - Commando