Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: global cool down we need to ruduce time i reckon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default global cool down we need to ruduce time i reckon

half a second feels like ages lol maybe decrease to 0.10 seconds

cause this will totally wreck bear kill stats we are now meatbags that need to use pots. unless we go dex bear or find and interesting build.

remeber this is not feedback its a suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

From PL FB :

Pocket Legends
    Tomorrow we will be discussing all the feedback and iterating on the client. We are playing, watching and listening. If you have more to say please let us know here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-1.7.1-is-Live! thanks!

So they will probably have changes on all the things being discussed, GCD could be one of them.

Plasticuproject

I vote for .1 seconds! That would be awesome after this tragic day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

.1 second of GCD seems pointless to me. If it is causing so many issues why simply reduce the time? I have a problem with all my buttons cooling down, not just the amount of time. GCD should just be completely removed, not just reduced IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoQueen View Post
    .1 second of GCD seems pointless to me. If it is causing so many issues why simply reduce the time? I have a problem with all my buttons cooling down, not just the amount of time. GCD should just be completely removed, not just reduced IMHO.
    They added GCD to remove the device differences and advantages.

Tablet users would have the advantage over phone/smaller device users because of the ability to multi-touch.

Plasticuproject

Yes .1 or .15 sec would be plenty to stop multi-touch spamming and make a LOT of players happier than they are now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I actually like the .5 cooldown for damaging skills. It makes more sense.

What I think might help is that they allow the quick use of buffs/debuffs, essentially any non-damage skill.

Plasticuproject

I just think whatever makes this game fastest is best. It's a pick up and play game. I'm not sitting at my desktop, I'm in the car, waiting for the waiter to bring my food, sitting in the doctors office, on the can. THAT'S what this game was designed for, and speed and fluidity are crucial for that. If I wanted to sit at a desk and get involved in long dungeons, and super strategic game play I'd go buy WoW or play RISK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I actually like the .5 cooldown for damaging skills. It makes more sense.

What I think might help is that they allow the quick use of buffs/debuffs, essentially any non-damage skill.
    I've said this before also. It would be enough to make me, and possibly many other players, happy. As I said in the feedback thread, you pretty much have to forget about buffing and debuffing if you want to do any form of damage or healing.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    I just think whatever makes this game fastest is best. It's a pick up and play game. I'm not sitting at my desktop, I'm in the car, waiting for the waiter to bring my food, sitting in the doctors office, on the can. THAT'S what this game was designed for, and speed and fluidity are crucial for that. If I wanted to sit at a desk and get involved in long dungeons, and super strategic game play I'd go buy WoW or play RISK.
    Fair enough, but again it's not THAT slow entirely. With a good group, you'd still be able to compare to the pre-GCD time, just a bit lower, few seconds maybe?

We'll get used to it. They will be iterating it until it satisfies us, so it should be fine.

Plasticuproject

Fair enough, but again it's not THAT slow entirely. With a good group, you'd still be able to compare to the pre-GCD time, just a bit lower, few seconds maybe?

We'll get used to it. They will be iterating it until it satisfies us, so it should be fine.
    Yes one could get used to just about anything I suppose and I know they will iterate it, but they will only do so if we voice our opinoins about it's current state. That's the only way we can bring about change, and I think that this .5 sec cool down has severely lowered this games fun factor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    Yes one could get used to just about anything I suppose and I know they will iterate it, but they will only do so if we voice our opinoins about it's current state. That's the only way we can bring about change, and I think that this .5 sec cool down has severely lowered this games fun factor.
    I think the GCD issue is pretty much on top of their list though, other than the "Join" feature on friend's list, but that's been dealt with already.

Yeah, it'll just be like the Anti-Rush and the Rebalance update, both seemed to "lower" fun factor, but in the end here we are

Plasticuproject

Yes well if the cooldown time isn't lowered I probably wont be, as much as I hate to say that. What makes this game fun for me is that I can pick up and play and still have a grip on what's going on in the world around me. I can't do that if I'm starring at my skills waiting to see what's going to cool down next and if that is the best skill to use at that moment. It's too involved. Before the cool down was near perfect for me. I could play, do well in the game and still function reasonable well irl. I find that terribly hard to do now. I don't know if I'll be able to dedicate enough attention to this game and play reasonably well without zonking out of my surroundings. If I wanted to totally involve myself in a game I'd find something much much better than a moble game that runs on my first gen Droid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think the GCD issue is pretty much on top of their list though, other than the "Join" feature on friend's list, but that's been dealt with already.

Yeah, it'll just be like the Anti-Rush and the Rebalance update, both seemed to "lower" fun factor, but in the end here we are
    After the anti-rush and rebalance, I lost lots of great friends. I'm sad to say that not all of us are here. Balefort Sewers also decreased a lot of play times from some addicted farmers including myself. So far, the only few people that have told me they like gcd are either pvp players or their main alt is a bear.

I really hope that there will be a solution to all of this. I'm sure that devs are frustrated as well to keep us happy. In my opinion, the priorities are to fix the "join" button and make it easier to switch alts or host a game without having to go to town each single time. I'm not having fun but I'm trying.
    Chantylily - Mage, Chanterella - Archer, Chantankie - Bear
    Chantylily - Vampy & Sorcerer, Chant - Engineer, Chanty - Operative, Chantanky - Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    After the anti-rush and rebalance, I lost lots of great friends. I'm sad to say that not all of us are here. Balefort Sewers also decreased a lot of play times from some addicted farmers including myself. So far, the only few people that have told me they like gcd are either pvp players or their main alt is a bear.

I really hope that there will be a solution to all of this. I'm sure that devs are frustrated as well to keep us happy. In my opinion, the priorities are to fix the "join" button and make it easier to switch alts or host a game without having to go to town each single time. I'm not having fun but I'm trying.

hey chant!

didnt know ur registered on forum but many ppl seems to be registerd now
    i have the same issues like u...

i rreally want the old button back here!:

and the old world map wich was better overview... new symbols arent intuitive als the old ones, and for quests count u need to single click...

when the gcd was to slow down multitouches aka ipad, then would be a .1 max 0.2 enough for, i can be as fast then on my iphone.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

its good for pvp helps bears there ALOT but not for pve i will post a link to this thread in the big 1.7.1 but this a sugestion which is why i put it here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post

True in my case, I have never even bothered to check mage/bird alts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

True in my case, I have never even bothered to check mage/bird alts.
    on my bear, the gcd isn't too bad, on my mage its practically unbearable.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

my bear does no damage now and i cant get through a hideout run i only get halfway before my 6k elixer runs out + 5 mins for rest of map + like 10-20 mins for boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@ elly you said something to do with changes for devices im on a 2nd gen ipod and it made it worse for my gameplay :,(
    Also everyone has unlimited skill respecs and i dont :,(