Thread: Para Not Effective in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Para Not Effective in PvP

Okay guys here's my story

I have a level 12 twink warrior for PvP (obviously). Like everyone else, I started out as a noob farming hard to get better gear. My first good set was the hellish set which I really liked, but my problem was that it gave little mana. I asked around and discovered that Ancient set is the best armor for my level. After grinding for sometime, I was able to afford the helm and armor. To cut the long story short, over a 4 month span, I was able to turn my twink into a serious boss! My last purchase was Storm Sword of Pot which is the best weapon IMO. My total damage was 101.2 with nightshade pet. At this stage when I played against other warriors with identical gear, we would come very close in HP. That's when I decided to take a big leap and gemmed my sword with my para. I was soo supped! My DMG was a remarkable 118.7!! I couldn't wait to go to PvP and demolish other warriors is 1vs1. So I get into PvP and challenge my friend that had an identical gear except para. His DMG was close to what mine used to be (100.8) so we start and this guy is toe to toe with me same HP level and everything. I asked him what his build was and he told me (full venge/ CS/ Sky smash.. stun upgrade/ Horn.. Protective shield) Which was exactly the same build as me. So we vs 15 more times with almost identical results. I grew frustrated because stats wise, my DMG should be eating up his HP... We had the same pets (Nightshade) and I had slightly more armor (not saying how much) I then left lobby and ran around PvP looking for wars to vs. I found about 8 more that I versused all with SS no para and 3 of them were able to beat me. So can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? Is the para just their to make my stats look pretty or does it actually take effect? 100.8 vs 118.7.... I should be zapping this dudes HP man! Please someone, anyone, make sense of this to me? This has to be a bug, and it needs to get squashed ASAP!!!! Feel free to leave your thoughts on this, thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

maybe hes just good?..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Most warriors cannot land CS even if the target is standing still. Are you sure you were landing CS?

Stuns come into play as well. There's many things that factor into a warrior vs. warrior fight. Although, my opinion: warriors should be tanking for their rogues and sorcerers in clash, not versing other warriors. If the object is to find out who is the better warrior, it's a highly ineffective way to figure out that result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Most warriors cannot land CS even if the target is standing still. Are you sure you were landing CS?

Stuns come into play as well. There's many things that factor into a warrior vs. warrior fight. Although, my opinion: warriors should be tanking for their rogues and sorcerers in clash, not versing other warriors. If the object is to find out who is the better warrior, it's a highly ineffective way to figure out that result.
    ^ This(11 characters smh)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Warrior vs warrior is depending on your hp, dps, armor, crits and skills. You have high DMG but low in other stats, that's why they beat you in 1 v 1. Don't let your Hp below than 30% and your MANA below than 40%. Buy armor or helm which give you h/s. If you have more eye gems and tarlok gems is much better than 3 or 4 para gems.This is just my opinion because i have twinks lvl 16 warrior, rogue and sorcerer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Stats are not everything at low levels like lv 12. As Zeus said, landing a Chest splitter successfully is hard for most tanks. Also, some skilled tanks are very pro with stun timing and dodging CS shots from the opponent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I still don't understand warrior v warrior and rogue v rogue..it's completely pointless.

Basically, what Zeus said. In all honesty, it comes down to who spams buttons and RNG, and stats come in to play here as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

1v1 is good practise lol. IMO it is a way for warriors to say they don't need rogues/mages to do the killing
    Also one day they might not have anyone else to back them up vs an enemy 1 on 1. That is where pratising 1v1s comes in handy!
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

Oh yes! My CS is landing very well along with my crits. Through 15 matches and he's beating me? I don't think it's just a matter of stuns, something Is completely wrong. He beats me with an average of 20% HP left. (Identical build, my stats are better than his all across the board, my DMG destroys his 100.8 against my 118.6) I just don't understand the situation. I have full reinforced gemmed set except para. I'll try and post a couple video of my matches so you guys can understand me better. Even some guy with goblin almost killed me in vs today Lol... It's absurd.
    Last edited by King Ozi; 05-27-2015 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Typos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Ozi View Post
    Oh yes! My CS is landing very well along with my crits. Through 15 matches and he's beating me? I don't think it's just a matter of stuns, something Is completely wrong. He beats me with an average of 20% HP left. (Identical build, my stats are better than his all across the board, my DMG destroys his 100.8 against my 118.6) I just don't understand the situation. I have full reinforced gemmed set except para. I'll try and post a couple video of my matches so you guys can understand me better. Even some guy with goblin almost killed me in vs today Lol... It's absurd.
    He is just better than you then, he has better ping, he spams skills faster then you, he has the better timing.