Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP feedback thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts

It will only show ranked skills.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    It will only show ranked skills.

-ALS
    nice, this is actually helpful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

most of the ideas being flowed around here are pretty accurate. I wasn't able to enter any games last night so i'm going to hold off on my major suggestions or ideas and just share initial experiences..

After playing a few rounds with each of my characters, i'll say that each class can get kills, but bows obviously have the advantage. Two handers were way too hard to use, as the swing time was so slow compared to other weapons that only slashes were effective.

The biggest two issue i can see just from the onset spawning randomly and on your enemy, and fights end in 2-3 hits. Health and armor are almost meaningless. If i pop all of my buffs on my warrior before entering combat, i can survive a bit longer to get the kill, but there isn't even enough time to use them once a fight has started. Beckon is also unreliable, affected by lag, and easily overwhelmed by stomp and knock-back. Enchantress heal can make a big difference sometimes.. but the fights go so fast it generally can't save your team mate. Seems to me like everything needs to be slowed down.. damage, certain cool-downs, stun effects.

I love that pvp is in the game, but the amount of tweaking it needs is so great that its going to require everything about the game to change, including player/mob pve interaction.
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-25-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net