Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP feedback thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Imma reply 10 times so i can start a thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But for real to make PVP a bit better make it like it was in like 2015 thats when i liked it when i could use a talon and kill people with forgotten bows and make rings less OP or make rings have a level bc rings in L22 and under kinda messed it up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol just nerf rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Suggestions!

Well I'm not going to repeat all the basic, and most obvious, bugs that are present in the PvP campaigns because they have been mentioned a lot and I'm sure thats the Devs are of aware of them.

My Suggestions (Might seem kind of crazy or 'overexpanding'):

1. HQs-
    Okay I suggest that PvP should be made in a more interesting manner and that for every team there should be headquarters where players can respawn and not get killed in a mere 5 seconds. There should be a time limit of (30 seconds) allowed in the HQ for a player to exit it. Once a player exits, they cannot re-enter the HQ until they die. Oh, and i should add that a PvP game can't start until the the correct number of players are present. So the HQs can also be a waiting room.

2. Towers
    I would suggest towers in certain PvP maps for archers and mages, where they can somewhat farcast from above.

3. Hit Point Problems -
    Okay first off I would like to display to you the obvious and the real numbers and stats that we have going on here and also the disadvantages that those stats bring. On average, Mage staffs hit from 80-108 damage. Warriors, while equipped with a 2-handed sword, can hit anywhere from 100-190 damage. NOW CONSIDER: The average PL character has about 250-350 health. Doesn't this seem just plain...WRONG?! And this is not even considering the buffs. With buffs someone can hit up to 300. Thats a KO to almost any character. I would HIGHLY suggest you add that extra '0' at the end of every character HP, although not changing the damage potential on the weapons. This would allow longer battles, more skill involved, and consequently more satisfaction to the PL players that enjoy a good game of Player-vs-Player.

4. MAJOR SUGGESTION ON SKILLS

Three paths in skills. Yes, three paths. What exactly am i talking about? Well, let's just say when you raise to level 2 on a mage, there are three skills you can choose: Fire Bolt, Ice Bolt, and Lightning Bolt. Whichever skill is chosen opens up a gateway of other skills specifically related and similar(yet stronger) than the skill chosen. For example, just say a you choose fire bolt, well after that there would be a skill called fire blast that is stronger than the first 'fire skill'. The same with Ice and Thunder. That way the mages can have more variety and can be called 'Fire mage', 'Ice Mage', or 'Lightning mage'. The same thing can correspond to other characters. For warriors it could be a 'Rage warrior', etc. Archers could be 'Sniper Archers', etc. This would create a HUGE variety withing the characters and would also allow skills to be very significant in a game of PvP. (This, ofcourse, would be a major update and would take time and a lot of thinking, but i would guarantee this would be the best iPod/iPhone game out there.)

5. EXPAND

PvP maps should be significantly enlarged which can allow, most likely later on in the future, 10vs10 and 20vs20 maps

Tell me if I'm in way over my head or if this sounds reasonable lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. HQ/Spawn room
    Yeah, I like the idea of a spawn room, although there are a lot of maps they'd have to redesign, pardon mentioning it, but WoW had a pretty good system, both teams had a spawn room that was locked during the waiting process, then the barriers came down and carnage ensued. I like the idea of a battlefield where you can push the frontline to either persons front door :-)

2. Towers
    Not sure I like the idea of this, considering that maps are set on a level playfield and having people hide in towers just seems a problem.

3. PvP damage problems
    If you use stiff variables to affect the damage, the impact changes incrementally between the lower and higher levels, I'd suggest something more like a damage reduction to skills, hit%, evade% and crit%, as well as a reduction in heals, and most likely mana/hp regen on some of the oasis gear.
    Just a quick example of stiff variables being no good - defensive skills such as an enchantresses 'Weakness', part of the effect is -10 to -50 damage, which for regular attacks is great, but a critical hit from firestorm wont feel much effect from this.
    That said, the idea of having hp/mana added by level progression (as well as through stats) has been suggested Here

4. Skill trees
    This has been posted in the suggestions & feedback forum, and is best discussed in there :-)

5. Expansion
    Using the current game as a rough guide, 10v10 would be absolute chaos and slowdown on certain devices, think how crazy town gets when someone pops a few enchantress buffs off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j46g629h View Post
    Just a suggestion

When you just respawn, there should be like 3 seconds or more that the other team players can't attack you,

or within 3 seconds if you are killed by the other team players, then it won't count
    (e.g. pvp in world of warcraft)
    Yes i agree, respawning within 3 seconds and getting killed shouldn't count, spawn killing sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by j46g629h View Post
    Lag Lag
    especially fighting or just resurrecting, it's like around 2000+

also there is a problem with my skill showing on main screen
    some of them just disappeared (before update it could show 3 lines)
    I deleted app and reinstalled it, but doesn't work

my warrior

my enchantress
    I think you should try mapping your skills, that could be the problem.
    Last edited by Delphina; 01-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of the time archers will own cause of there ko combo if they no it. Basically who ever plays pvp has a great combo. So I think every character should have a ko combo or a combo that is close to death for them to find out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

killing and dieing way to easy..... Less than 5 sec., needs to be more competitive. Love the new trade system and power ups tho. :-)
    Legendary Loso

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

in low level it slow ALOT whey u dont use fbow, but ya it is rly fast

Play Halo 4? On xbox live? want 2 1v1? add me: Puddleglum999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thats because it now only shows skills you have points into.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,515 Posts

It will only show ranked skills.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    It will only show ranked skills.

-ALS
    nice, this is actually helpful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

most of the ideas being flowed around here are pretty accurate. I wasn't able to enter any games last night so i'm going to hold off on my major suggestions or ideas and just share initial experiences..

After playing a few rounds with each of my characters, i'll say that each class can get kills, but bows obviously have the advantage. Two handers were way too hard to use, as the swing time was so slow compared to other weapons that only slashes were effective.

The biggest two issue i can see just from the onset spawning randomly and on your enemy, and fights end in 2-3 hits. Health and armor are almost meaningless. If i pop all of my buffs on my warrior before entering combat, i can survive a bit longer to get the kill, but there isn't even enough time to use them once a fight has started. Beckon is also unreliable, affected by lag, and easily overwhelmed by stomp and knock-back. Enchantress heal can make a big difference sometimes.. but the fights go so fast it generally can't save your team mate. Seems to me like everything needs to be slowed down.. damage, certain cool-downs, stun effects.

I love that pvp is in the game, but the amount of tweaking it needs is so great that its going to require everything about the game to change, including player/mob pve interaction.
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-25-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1) Respawns
    They suck.. Sorry. I respawn, and before I can even move sometimes I am at half health or dead. There is a long delay from when you hit respawn and when you can actually control your character. Also why am I respawning right next to an enemy? That should be the number one NoNo.. When I actually am able get out and fight, it is fun. But half of all kills is someone getting the first shot right after you spawn.

2) Auto Attack or Attacking in general
    Auto attack for melee still blows.. I loose it all the time.
    Also how can you allow ranged (bow and staff people) to shoot while running away from their target? They don't even need to stop to be able to hit me with their stuff, but I have to stop in order to cast evade?

3) Automatically switch up the maps
    When we are doing 3v3 or 5v5, and hit replay we get thrown into the same map. Allow us to switch it up. After each round is over automatically change the map up. Or at least give us the option to switch the map. Since there is no grouping it is kind of rough to get everyone you want to play with, or against, in the same room. Switching maps could potentially become a pain.

That is really all I have for right now. The only other issue is currently being looked at by you guys, and that the running man loading screen bug. When PvP isn't about being spawn camping it is fun, but when you are getting killed as soon as or right after you spawn it is no fun.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

AGREE, so far Respawns are the worse part of PvP, people just stay around the entrance and kill you as soon as you respawn. How about random respawn locations????

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconKing View Post
    1) Respawns
    They suck.. Sorry. I respawn, and before I can even move sometimes I am at half health or dead. There is a long delay from when you hit respawn and when you can actually control your character. Also why am I respawning right next to an enemy? That should be the number one NoNo.. When I actually am able get out and fight, it is fun. But half of all kills is someone getting the first shot right after you spawn.
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,515 Posts

When you respawn, it's supposed to pick the respawn point with the fewest number of enemies nearby. Sounds like it's not working. We'll get it fixed for tomorrow's update.

We can also fix it so you can cast Evade while moving.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys have an awesome record as far as fixing and updating, so of course I will be very patient. I'm sure you know about the real bugs, so I'll just offer some suggestions:

From what I could gather (now that I can't join any games, which has been mentioned) as far as the spawning, I think if there is a short period of invincibility it could help.

Also have different spawn locations for each team. At the beginning of the round, I will spawn, wait a couple seconds, and an opponent will spawn in the same place.

Finally, we don't have enough health. Croc's have a TON of health (2 or 3 thousand?), but I for one have 251. So two normal hits from bear will kill me, a stomp will kill me right away (without evade). Maybe for whatever our health is in PvE games, add a zero on the end? 2510 would give me a better chance at survival, it would also create more strategy for the other team.

You guys are awesome at updating, so I'm sure you will get everything done very quickly. That being said, there is a bit of an angry mob forming in at least one of the townes.

Thanks for all of your hard work, and I expect great things in the future.

Edit: Thanks for the evade moving thing. I was so upset when I had to keep stopping, lol.
    Last edited by HectorCruz; 05-25-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beckon works about a quarter of the time (do you have to be motionless for it to work in PvP?), no damage is shown above enemy to see if you are connecting hits, and archers and enchantresses keep getting beefed while the warrior is a lame duck. Pretty frustrating - switched to play PvE and you can no longer target. Epic fail.
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are the most important issues at the launch of PvP in 1.2 -

[in no particular order of importance, and off the top of my head]

#1 - Bows too overpowered in general. Range is clearly the only viable way to do damage in a game where 1 or 2 shots can kill anyone. This involves pillar hugging, LoS cheesing, and coordinated rushes in which individual players [or PUGs] have literally no chance to react. This leads to mindless and predictable PvP, even though the goal is for it to be as dynamic as possible given the limitations of there only being 3 classes, etc.

#2 - Damage mitigation needs to be tweaked. Without sounding too abstract, it is difficult to tell where the problem of 1-2 shots is stemming from. My first assumption is that it is on purpose and is to be dealt with later on with more efficient gear / level cap / stat points / skill points to allocated. My second assumption is that it could be dealt with by either increasing damage mitigation in relation to Armor, ala either an Armor mechanic tweak or by buffing Armor across the board globally via gear updates. The third idea is the opposite of the previous, wherein either the DPS mechanic itself or weapons in general are nerfed to reduce damage and circumvent changing damage mitigation as is. Any of these are viable and practical for PL, possibly a hybrid. Natural progression of the game itself would point towards the first assumption, where the problems seen in terms of PvP combat numbers are overcome by more practical and useful gear and more character flexibility at higher levels [with more skill / stat points to utilize].

#3 - Respawns need a 3 second invuln buff. Simple. Could also consider different spawn points, 'bases' etc.

#4 - The Ref. What gives? Absolutely borks the ____ out of some rounds.

#5 - Are the PvP power-ups being shown on screen as a buff or in any manner on the HUD? If not, something to consider. Timer would be nice for buffs / powerups, but maybe I'm missing this.

#6 - Red text in the "Join PvP game" screen too difficult to read. Contrasts bad against the blue background of the game in this particular section of the UI. Just make it WHITE like the rest of the games listed in any other section of the "Join Game" UI.

#7 - No way to see who is in the current game, who is on the opposite team. This makes beginning a match difficult without someone messing up or the chat box being spammed. As is, most people just gung-ho right from the start and this can bork entire rounds.

#8 - Some sort of trigger in order to begin the round. Otherwise it is difficult to start a legitimate round. I know it's sort of casual and all, but a simple "ready!" would be nice that would count down from 3 and let the actual round start. Before hand no deaths / kills should count, or people should be invuln until it starts.

These are just off the top of my head. So far it is a total blast, but also falls short in the context of structure. Feels more like a jump-in, jump-out type of endeavor. This is wonderful for logistics and accessibility in a meta sense; everybody will get a chance to get in a knock some heads around... but there needs to be more structure to give PvP a sense of legitimacy and organization [for those that wish to play that way]. Thanks Spacetime, you guys rock and are on your way to making PL the best game. It may seem like a long way to go, and sure it is just a phone game, but this is really pushing the edge as far as mobile gaming and MMOs in general are concerned. If you guys make this work smooth and get everything to come together [which we, the players, already see happening] then you will have something very special in your hands. To the rest of you, I'll heal ya if you're on my team and run away if you aren't. WOOT!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

ok so from what ive experienced and seen. is there in an extreme level gap bracket in pvp, and this is in the worst way possible. Level 18s absolutley have no business entering into a level 10 arena. 20s and 22-23s have no business being in a level 15 arena, just shouldnt be possible, right now there is an extreme amount of people who primarily farm lower levels for good kill ratings, as well as get tired of being beat by there own levels and go crush low levels. this is not right, nor is it in anyway acceptable or equal fighting. no such thing as a fair fight i get that but there must be boundrys for such things, that is an extreme difference in: HP,DMG,ARMR AND SKILLS from level 10-18 or 15-22 as well as high level. how is that in anyway equally for a level 71 to have to face a level 76??? i like most ideas ive seen for other issues, this is the most important issue ive seen through out all levels. i hosted a level 45 arena and had a big issue keeping 55s out. i have thought about this issue for a while now and it seems to be pretty fair every 4 levels example: 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29 ect. until u get to 50. then it would seem as the way the game is played and gear ratios, weapons ratios ect. that it would have to be around every 5 levels to even make it fair. you would make it so only that level would be able to join. example: 50 arena, 55 arena, 60 arena, 65 arena, and finally 70 arena. from there it seems that for anyone to have a chance with out being blown away by 76s is to have it at every 2 levels. example: 71-73 and 74-76 . i have played pvp a lot and i used to love it but it has extremely gotten out of hand with people exploiting the game, this is gonna happen no matter what but there are things that can b done to relieve these effects of cheating. it might also be fun to see 2 seperate TYPES of arenas. FFA arenas, and teamed duel type set up the way u have it now. i realize this is probably gonna be a huge programming task. i understand, but it has extremely gotten out of hand. i thank you for your time and do appreciate everything you have fixed already with the fbow nef back and the 3 second spawn fix. i know your trying and i thank you p.s. another thought, it would be a little rash but maybe there needs to be posted rules for players that are ruining other players fun, just a thought.

Luazhi
    Last edited by luazhi; 09-24-2013 at 04:54 PM.