Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Key Art Reveal + Hulking Brute Mob!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Hi all,

To address those of you concerned with how Sorcerers will handle this mob, I think much of that concern should be lessened knowing that he is a mob, not a boss. Continuing with our design philosophy of striving to encourage diverse group compositions, not every class will be 100% effective on every mob encounter. While this particular mob may be a bit difficult for Sorcerers to fight effectively, there are other fights where they will be better than the other classes.

As a Sorcerer, I would suggest primarily using Lightning Strike for a pack that contains a Hulking Brute (as opposed to Fireball), as it will be a little easier to position yourself to hit just the Brute. A Warrior would also be useful as he'll be able to control the mobs and prevent the Hulking Brute from destroying the Rogues and Sorcerers in the group as he grows in power. A well-placed Time Shift plus a Rogue or 2 can bring the Brute down quickly as well.
    So warrior is control class now? how poor my mage became . Easy to say that thing,but I can't argue anything now we'll see when expansion coming. Just wish in this expansion u guys prove that u guys serious when talking about class balance.

And btw about mage lightning strike it still prefer to aim unmovement object rather than mob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post
    Warrior will agro another mob while rog kill this mob... Mage??? again and again we'll be a class who have to tried really hard just to got party invited.

Why not make him have ability to eat his comrades when his hp down under 50% to increase his speed and damage,that will make mage AoE have important part to prevent this orc eat his comrades.
    Do you play mage? Frost bolt freeze everything atm..

Hi all,

I just want to correct something with the original post (which I've updated). The Hulking Brute is actually a regular mob, not a boss. I wouldn't underestimate him though. He can be quite a handful if you engage him without knowing his abilities.

To address those of you concerned with how Sorcerers will handle this mob, I think much of that concern should be lessened knowing that he is a mob, not a boss. Continuing with our design philosophy of striving to encourage diverse group compositions, not every class will be 100% effective on every mob encounter. While this particular mob may be a bit difficult for Sorcerers to fight effectively, there are other fights where they will be better than the other classes.

As a Sorcerer, I would suggest primarily using Lightning Strike for a pack that contains a Hulking Brute (as opposed to Fireball), as it will be a little easier to position yourself to hit just the Brute. A Warrior would also be useful as he'll be able to control the mobs and prevent the Hulking Brute from destroying the Rogues and Sorcerers in the group as he grows in power. A well-placed Time Shift plus a Rogue or 2 can bring the Brute down quickly as well.
    This is a very technical post, im very happy and i want to see these kind of comments, we really miss these since swede inactive/left. It makes me truly believe that developers actually have some clue, thank you very much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Change the way taunt works for warriors pls!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

More golem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Of course us. The Legends will help those poor gnomes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Do you play mage? Frost bolt freeze everything atm..

This is a very technical post, im very happy and i want to see these kind of comments, we really miss these since swede inactive/left. It makes me truly believe that developers actually have some clue, thank you very much!
    seriously? Didn't time for play atm,but yes my main toon is mage. Are they released annoucement about that? coz I didn't notice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Excited for this !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post
    seriously? Didn't time for play atm,but yes my main toon is mage. Are they released annoucement about that? coz I didn't notice.
    LOL.
    Mage now freezes many bosses (Planar Tombs bosses, Antee in arena, etc.)
    IMO it is a kind of nice gesured glitch.
    OFC there was no announcement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool

When is this new update is coming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kill them all lol!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when it comes...i cant wait longer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default Another MOB that won't FREEZE

Hi all,

I just want to correct something with the original post (which I've updated). The Hulking Brute is actually a regular mob, not a boss. I wouldn't underestimate him though. He can be quite a handful if you engage him without knowing his abilities.

Come on now... I've always found it easier to fight a mob that is FROZEN not just slowed down with Timeshift... WTF is up with mobs that don't freeze!? It was ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS to be able to participate in Planar Tombs as a valued member of the team while the sorcerers and bosses froze... luckily I was able to hoard enough essences that I'll be able to craft both imbued armors and pendant... because I do not see myself effectively participating in Tombs anytime soon now that the hardest mob don't freeze and I die when they blink in my general direction...

Come on. It was the best week of my AL life... PLEASE BRING BACK SORCERER FREEZE if not bosses... and don't make even more content I won't be able to survive even with 20M of equip and 12 Plat of elixers... THATS JUST WRONG.