Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Key Art Reveal + Hulking Brute Mob!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Another troll boss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    No, this is one of the warrior-type mobs from the new maps. Should be interesting.
    On second thought I'm not sure. The title says boss but the post says mob type. Then again pretty much all of the existing mob types have a boss version right now.

On a sidenote, for days now I was thinking that the little gnome had a fancy mustache...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Selling my service to these Gomes

5m I will kill the orcs and protect your town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdor View Post
    I'd say a couple of rogues.
    Probably a warrior...
    but rogue? Definately.

Anything that requires killing quickly means rogue-based teams. The more rogues, the quicker they die, so the less chance things will get harder. This seems to be encouraging all-rogue teams.

But hey, I'm a rogue - so yay. That being said, I'd really like to have a use for my other toons. I do enjoy the other classes, they're just so inefficient. Things that require quick-kill "or they get harder" means any rebalancing of pve is a long way off.

Nice artwork though.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

So, will sorcerers be unwanted for this boss? Since their AOEs will wipe the minions frequently...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

woaaaq very nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Nice Art.
    Excited to see the Expansion.
    Btw, The Gnome is super super super small

Don't forget to add salt
    IGN(s): Aprove (Rogue - New) | Aproved (Sorcerer - Old)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did the warrior will helpful in this expansion? ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    This raging brute looks out for his own and gets angrier the more orcs you kill around him, giving him increased speed and damage.
    Awesome Artwork!
    But this Mechanic (like every DPS check, enraged Arena Bosses for example) at least seems to punish having a Tank or Mage in the party. After all the Feedback regarding PVE issues i trust that you keep this aspect in mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

That gnome is cute for sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Lmfaooo the gnomes tho xD...dey r actually too cute to b gnomes xD
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Warrior will agro another mob while rog kill this mob... Mage??? again and again we'll be a class who have to tried really hard just to got party invited.

Why not make him have ability to eat his comrades when his hp down under 50% to increase his speed and damage,that will make mage AoE have important part to prevent this orc eat his comrades.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hi all,

I just want to correct something with the original post (which I've updated). The Hulking Brute is actually a regular mob, not a boss. I wouldn't underestimate him though. He can be quite a handful if you engage him without knowing his abilities.

To address those of you concerned with how Sorcerers will handle this mob, I think much of that concern should be lessened knowing that he is a mob, not a boss. Continuing with our design philosophy of striving to encourage diverse group compositions, not every class will be 100% effective on every mob encounter. While this particular mob may be a bit difficult for Sorcerers to fight effectively, there are other fights where they will be better than the other classes.

As a Sorcerer, I would suggest primarily using Lightning Strike for a pack that contains a Hulking Brute (as opposed to Fireball), as it will be a little easier to position yourself to hit just the Brute. A Warrior would also be useful as he'll be able to control the mobs and prevent the Hulking Brute from destroying the Rogues and Sorcerers in the group as he grows in power. A well-placed Time Shift plus a Rogue or 2 can bring the Brute down quickly as well.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fibus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Hi all,

I just want to correct something with the original post (which I've updated). The Hulking Brute is actually a regular mob, not a boss. I wouldn't underestimate him though. He can be quite a handful if you engage him without knowing his abilities.

To address those of you concerned with how Sorcerers will handle this mob, I think much of that concern should be lessened knowing that he is a mob, not a boss. Continuing with our design philosophy of striving to encourage diverse group compositions, not every class will be 100% effective on every mob encounter. While this particular mob may be a bit difficult for Sorcerers to fight effectively, there are other fights where they will be better than the other classes.

As a Sorcerer, I would suggest primarily using Lightning Strike for a pack that contains a Hulking Brute (as opposed to Fireball), as it will be a little easier to position yourself to hit just the Brute. A Warrior would also be useful as he'll be able to control the mobs and prevent the Hulking Brute from destroying the Rogues and Sorcerers in the group as he grows in power. A well-placed Time Shift plus a Rogue or 2 can bring the Brute down quickly as well.
    Thanks for the clarification.

On a sidenote, are there any plans for any skill/team buff implementation (outside of mob/boss design) that will make a three-way class-diverse team the most efficient way to farm the new maps? Or will we be stuck with full rogue teams and maybe a mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't wait for expansion
    VJHAWK

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Lel #11 charachters

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Hi all,

Btw awesome signature, made me laugh

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #57
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Thanks for the clarification.

On a sidenote, are there any plans for any skill/team buff implementation (outside of mob/boss design) that will make a three-way class-diverse team the most efficient way to farm the new maps? Or will we be stuck with full rogue teams and maybe a mage?
    A high level goal with the expansion, and moving forward, is to make each class desirable in a group setting. How exactly we accomplish that will likely come from little tweaks to multiple game systems over time, as opposed to major overhauls of one to two game systems (such as a Skills revamp). This isn't an overnight change and will probably take place over an extended period of time, but rest assured, we certainly don't want a game where one or more players are excluded from something simply because they are playing a certain class. That said, I don't have any estimates on when any of these potential tweaks would take place. We are currently 100% focused on getting the expansion ready for launch.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, when I will be lvl 46, and than I craft pendant planar, he will be lvl 46 or lvl 41 ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

A high level goal with the expansion, and moving forward, is to make each class desirable in a group setting. How exactly we accomplish that will likely come from little tweaks to multiple game systems over time, as opposed to major overhauls of one to two game systems (such as a Skills revamp). This isn't an overnight change and will probably take place over an extended period of time, but rest assured, we certainly don't want a game where one or more players are excluded from something simply because they are playing a certain class. That said, I don't have any estimates on when any of these potential tweaks would take place. We are currently 100% focused on getting the expansion ready for launch.
    Ah, fair enough. But does that mean the skill system revamp that was pushed for post-expansion was called off?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Ah, fair enough. But does that mean the skill system revamp that was pushed for post-expansion was called off?
    I think they announced a while back that the skill revamp promised last summer is no longer on the table.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.