Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wbto-Angeluscustos View Post
    ahah yeah man thats why this game is funner.. its nice to use emotes or make jokes or just basically be more talkative during a run especially now since gcd it makes games run a lot more smoother and its funner.. and morawk we should play some time..
    If you've ever been on a run and you hear "Pink Taco!" right before the bosses die, that's me. Those are the magic words that activate my Big Luck vanity. We definitely should run sometime.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markus View Post
    Whatever floats your boat morhawk, but you have to understand you are in the minority here. a lot of what you have been saying about peoples play style and what people enjoy isn't how a lot of the pl players feel about the new gameplay. Only reason I singled you out is cause you seem to be kind of beligernt towards some people syaing how they feel about new gameplay.
    In a thread filled with hate for GCD, hate for PL and bully tactics of threatening to quit or manipulate the ratings of the game until demands are met, if I'm considered the belligerent one then i know for sure that I'm the lone paladin in a sea of undead casual gamers attempting to turn them the light of GCD. *searches for his loaded d20*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    Thanks for trying but it didn't do much for me. I still, when I'm lagging (which is always), have the problem of pressing g a skill, nothing happening, pressing it again, turns out the skill did go off, pressing another skill, nothing happens, pressing it again, THEN the skill activates. So when there is even a little bit of lag I'm getting about 1 skill out every 2 to 3 seconds. This results in me dying and my party hating me. Sucks. I hope you guys keep at it so I can come back and enjoy the game like before. If I could get 1 skill out per second with ~300-350 ping I would be happy. Thanks.
    wow 300-350 ping.. I live for moments like that.. I get 1000-2000 pings on average and I was still having fun getting to level 55 but now its very tiring. I know that at the end of the day the game is just a business and proof is in the new update. Just look what you see when you die, platinum to revive? nice. You need way more pots to survive now.. more money. Leveling takes much longer now, getting the customers to stay around more. I know I am whining and moaning but, I really miss the pocket legends game, that I paid for. This new thing that appeared on my phone, I really do not know what it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great patch. Ipad how many ppl are on text is in the wrong place since free plat is gone. Love the icons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I was one of the ones previously commenting on how the GCD has resulted in slower game play. And this still holds true to some degree, especially in mixed groups that aren't familiar with one another. However, having just spent the last several hours running Hideout and Stronghold with Echelong, Mitsuisun, Ikungfu, Apollo, Rae, and Moggerfooger, we were actually able to clear these boards in almost the same amount of time as we did prior to the GCD. While there were no sub-four minute death trains, our last run in Hideout was a lot less than 5 minutes. We were also clearing Stronghold in under 6 minutes. I think the last timed run was around 5:20. At the end we were able to do the same old large pulls that we did prior to GCD.

So it is possible, with skilled groups to maintain the speed of the game with only a small reduction in time. I think it just takes some getting use to the timing and spacing of skills. The patch has helped. Would I like a shorter cool down period -- of course. But the GCD is not the end of the game that so many on here are trying to say it is. It has created a challenge for sure and has changed the way you have to play to some degree. But it hasn't drastically changed the game to the point where it is not playable and enjoyable. At least not for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    In a thread filled with hate for GCD, hate for PL and bully tactics of threatening to quit or manipulate the ratings of the game until demands are met, if I'm considered the belligerent one then i know for sure that I'm the lone paladin in a sea of undead casual gamers attempting to turn them the light of GCD. *searches for his loaded d20*
    Yes, I have seen hate for GCD. Hate for PL? Quite the opposite. People loved (note the past tense) it! Passionately. And the Devs too. If people are threatening to quit it is because they are not having the same gaming experience they came to know and enjoy. The fact that people are here discussing it means they care, and do not want to leave. If they feel they must, then that is a choice they will make, as they have the right to do. Same with the ratings. The converse is also true. The Devs don't have to listen as they are in control. But they do. Ultimately something needs to be done. The Devs are trying. Me (the dreaded casual gamer) and my kind are trying too. I'm not making any demands. And I have seen few. Most are begging that the game return to the way it was. This is not being belligerent. I appreciate the opportunity to voice my concerns. The reasons for the GCD in the link to the thread you provided, are in my opinion, no reason to implement it. To make it more challenging? To balance PvP and multiple presses at the same time? To improve loop time? Does this really necessitate a complete overhaul of the game mechanics? In whose mind, the Devs? The players? I don't think so. It is the Devs game. They will do and shape and create it the way they want to, and this is their right. There are and will be people who love the change. I am just not one of them.

I would have never bought the platinum that I did if I first played PL in its current form. That is not a threat, that is just a fact. Will I buy more? Not if it stays like it is. Will I keep playing. Probably not. But the Devs do listen and work hard to implement patches and fixes. I am not making any rash decisions, as I have too much time invested in and love for this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    I was one of the ones previously commenting on how the GCD has resulted in slower game play. And this still holds true to some degree, especially in mixed groups that aren't familiar with one another. However, having just spent the last several hours running Hideout and Stronghold with Echelong, Mitsuisun, Ikungfu, Apollo, Rae, and Moggerfooger, we were actually able to clear these boards in almost the same amount of time as we did prior to the GCD. While there were no sub-four minute death trains, our last run in Hideout was a lot less than 5 minutes. We were also clearing Stronghold in under 6 minutes. I think the last timed run was around 5:20. At the end we were able to do the same old large pulls that we did prior to GCD.

So it is possible, with skilled groups to maintain the speed of the game with only a small reduction in time. I think it just takes some getting use to the timing and spacing of skills. The patch has helped. Would I like a shorter cool down period -- of course. But the GCD is not the end of the game that so many on here are trying to say it is. It has created a challenge for sure and has changed the way you have to play to some degree. But it hasn't drastically changed the game to the point where it is not playable and enjoyable. At least not for me.
    I actually went on the forum to write about exactly what you said here already. It DID go smooth, didn't it

I also agree that just a little bit less gcd time would be nice, but it's certainly better in this latest update IMO.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the who day off, and tried my best to stay glued to this game. After 2 or 3 runs I have to give it a very long break maybe up to an hrs, I'm just bursting in rage. The smoothness and fun factor of this game has lost its core values. People say spammers ruined it for everyone, I'm not the best pvp out there but I can sure hold my own before. People even accused me of spamming, but for a fact I got my combos down with extensive practice. Yes I still have a hard time with the top pvper (lonearcher, and skimmy), but I was proud of my success. If there is such a thing as people spamming spells, so what this game is no fun no more.

I probably did 12 dungeon runs, and maybe spent 10 minute pvping only. The game play is shot, and it is all due to GCD. Like stated before, I had the whole day off and probably would of spent every second glued to the game. But I spent most of my day checking the furom over and over hoping for a dev's response.. The fun factor, the intense fun of hoping to get a pink is shot due to this GCD. How? Having the throw my eye back and fourth keeping my team alive, trying not to die, hitting next auto target, sometimes keeping a small conversation, and mainly focusing on gcd (which by the is very annoying) makes the game less enjoyable. Honestly I don't like it a bit, regardless what anyone says..

You also have my one star in the market. I have made other suggestions throughout the day, maybe something will be done. Until then the game play is poor, and I am starting to find other things to do. I will admit I did enjoy this game, hence did, and that's what made me addicted and hoping this was a fluke only. This is my 3rd online game and I hope I won't lose interest in this game either.

A-side note if everything goes well please make a 1 vs 1 in pvp, I pride this game a lot to my friends, not claiming I am the best but I could hold my own...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Better now, at least you can get a rhythm. At times I felt like Mr. Blonde in the bank: Boom ... Boom ... Boom. It still a nerf & like all nerfs it twists the contexts of accomplishment in uncomfortable ways.

I clearly chose poorly when I decided to try for 56 on my mage instead of bird or bear. It was the right choice when I made it, but it's wrong now. Funny thing is if there was some differentiation of what conditions the various feats were done under: i.e. The REAL 56 grind vanity crown is for anyone who makes it after gcd, then it would be much easier to accept & almost something to be proud of. Spending twice the effort for the same result feels like a fail.

In a more universal vein, the leaderboards should reflect which version the stats were set under. I really don't know if Orei's 500k was set while you still got credit for killing in FH with a max level char, and either way, it's a pretty mindboggling feat. But to hold today's players against the standard of four nerfs ago seems arbitrary. I've seen Anglfyr grind for kills & if 500 k were possible in 6 months in today's game, she would have it.
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

A new person to the game would not have any problems with GCD and will buy plat. They will play PL as is, as they don't know any other version of PL. Only the existing players are the ones having a problem with GCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

A new person to the game would not have any problems with GCD and will buy plat. They will play PL as is, as they don't know any other version of PL. Only the existing players are the ones having a problem with GCD.
    But to be fair..... the existing players are the ones responsible for PL's success. Without the existing players, the game wouldn't have survived for a year and wouldn't have come as far as it has.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    But to be fair..... the existing players are the ones responsible for PL's success. Without the existing players, the game wouldn't have survived for a year and wouldn't have come as far as it has.
    Very true. I was just responding to people who say, "if I had just started the game and PL was this way, I never would have continued playing or spent plat". New people will love this game still. It's still awesome.

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

^^^^&&&&&&& I love the boot message in group. $$$$^^^^^^

I almost love the GCD. It adds so much to the game. Yes, It needs worked on a little more. When it gets set perfect. I will love the idea.

I LOVE PUGS!!! Its a new game almost everytime for me.
    Im the type of player that watches spells that others use. Then I shoot my skills depending on what they use. I can tell the people who just hit whatever skill from the first kill.
    Now that they added GCD. It makes alot of the people who would just mash and bash there keys to think more. When GCD is set right. You will learn it and come up with rotations.(single target and group rotations)

Im not haveing to many problems on my mage now. When you have to rezz,heal,shield,buff,buff,heal,dps. It takes a long time. I would like to see buffs ((and res)) be on there own GCD. I can see heal and shield staying in the dps group cooldowns for pvp.
    If they can't be split up. I will drop some skills so I know I will use everything the best I can.
    Last edited by Diodge; 04-14-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John F kennedy
    Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
    /10characters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Ok, I finally had a chance to play post GCD. Like many others, I went to Plasma Pyramid, a map that I can generally solo without too much trouble.

What did I find? Yes, I can still do my combo, but the game feels painfully slow and boring. One simple lag spurt, and I'm looking at the death screen when I used to be able to recover just fine.

So here's my honest constructive criticism:

First of all, the gcd HAS to go. Period. Most of us are on flaky 3g connections, so casual is good. If we wanted hardcore, we'd probably be on a pc or console game with a wired low ping connection, not on a cell phone, tablet, or ipod. Think about this.

Second, radical changes in gameplay after the beta stage is a huge no-no. Ask SOE, who has successfully killed at least 2 fairly popular games by radical gameplay changes. I'm guessing a few of you witnessed this firsthand, so you should know better. Yes, the gcd registers as a huge change in gameplay to a great number of players.

What was the goals of this gcd anyway? Was it simply for pvp, or to lower lag and stress on the servers? If its pvp, you need to take into account that there are a great number of players that aren't interested in pvp. If it is lag, then maybe they should upgrade, not make 90 percent suffer to please the 10 percent. (Made up numbers to make a point, ie don't punish the ones on modern devices in order to please somebody on a second generation iphone.) Any connection not on wifi is likely to be somewhat laggy, and I'm sure most of us realize that and are willing to deal with it. If it's to lower stress on the servers, then let's compromise and have a discussion on the matter. Make a thread laying out the problem, and lets discuss solutions.

I really don't want to tell you I'm quiting. I don't want to quit. I want the old fast paced game back. I do however have a bad feeling that if the gcd keeps going on in the current form that this game will die a slow, painful death much like PlanetSide and SWG.

One last request: Can we please get an option to disable fart pack sounds and animations so they aren't displayed client side? Not everyone is a pre-teen that find such things amusing.

On the plus side, I do like the rest of the changes. GCD + fart pack = bad, rest = good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    The main effect is half a second is now actually half a second, not half a second + server delay. Much more snappy
    I know I keep saying this again and again and I complain about it but now I can truly say my high ping + GCD is not much of an annoyance anymore. I like this update so far. A few more tweaks depending on how they balance the game would be very much appreciated.

@ALL: The GCD is staying. It's this game's evolutionary step to make those whiners say they are bored and they are quitting because they have fully consumed the game. This is a challenge. A game. It's the way it is. So if brats can't adapt to change like what the old fart said in the chatbox, then it can't be helped. PL will stay and other people will explore and play it. That's a fact.
    Last edited by Luchta; 04-13-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raulur;
    I really don't want to tell you I'm quiting. I don't want to quit. I want the old fast paced game back. I do however have a bad feeling that if the gcd keeps going on in the current form that this game will die a slow, painful death much like PlanetSide and SWG.

man ain't that the truth. SOE murdered SWG and planetside. I'd rather play the earlier version of this game. (tbh, being able to download it from the store would be nice)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U guys made this game very boring sry for saying this Gcd should stay but same speed on skills as before scream blast has no meaning anymore trying to make it ur dead if u waste on scream fast combos made this game fun n unique from other games this is in fact the best game I've played but ur giving me no choice in deleting this fame Cus it's no fun anymore // hmmhmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would say that b 4 the update I used my spells with thought and was definitely not button mashing now ima masher by the time u get a spell or two off and one didn't work after hittin it 2 or three times now im half dead not attacking with my weapon cause the guys already dead but the other 10 r still attacking I gota look over to see if I can heal standing there Doin nothing but getting hit about to die suckin down potion after potion well do I use a spell or heal im gettin creamed so I gota use a spell but gota heal ehh im just gonna turn it off this ain't no fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Button mashing is worst now then it was before. Because i Start clicking during gcd to make sure next spell is castet ASAP.
    I dont like gcd, it takes away the fun it was before.