Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GCD feels about twice as fast....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Thank u devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Feels better. I can roll through my skills now. Not perfect, but better.
    - OlliWalli: Level 56 Dual Stat Int/Str Mage [ ] OlliDaWalli: Level 55 Pure Dex Bird
    - OliTwinkNWali: Level 15 PvP Dex Bear

* Guild Member of AEO

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olli Walli View Post
    Feels better. I can roll through my skills now. Not perfect, but better.
    I haven't had a chance to catch up with the threads but after spending a couple of solid hours each the past two nights I'm finding that GCD isn't that bad and I'm getting used to it. The pace of PUG runs seem to be picking up as players are likely getting used to the same system. I ran a few runs with Phys and Mooger with my bird and while the times are slower than "normal", they were still pretty decent. This morning I ran a few runs with Narilover with my Pally and I swear Catacombs seems easier than ever. I do wish I can heal the team faster, though. Sorry, I'm not a PvP player so I can't comment on that.

Cinco has stated that GCD is here to stay and while the general feelings from the community is very negative, I find it to be okay.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

BTW, one issue totally unrelated to GCD... the change to quests to automatically offer the next quest (if available) after completing one works most of the time. I find that sometimes it won't work like that for quests which start with a particular quest giver and end at a different NPC, who is then supposed to offer a new quest.

Also, if a single NPC has 2 or more quests to get simultaneously, it doesn't seem to work as intended there either. You accept the first quest and then have to start a second conversation to get the next quest.

Note: I was seeing this both pre- and post- patch with 1.7.1.
    Last edited by Duke; 04-14-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i still think it needs to be like 0.25sec quicker, then i would be happy with the compromise, it has really made birds suck, and since i am a mage all of a sudden i feel overpowered, i want there to be less mages about and more birds, because i enjoyed the challenge

so maybe having the gcd faster would mean birds are stronger but still unable to multi
    thanks
    xyoz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I noticed a big improvement when I collapse my skills to 4. If they are expanded the cool down animation is very distracting to me and causes me to struggle while fighting. Would it be possible to have a transparency option / setting for the shading on the GCD indication or to disable the fill effect on it? I think that would help a lot, I am convinced that a lot of people complaining about it stems from how "loud" the animation is, it grabs too much attention since it is bolder and darker than most the environment or skill effects.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

GCD feels even longer. Not by much but surely not slower.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Can't wait to get home and try it out!

I appreciate the addition of the buttons to the enter world screen.

I've been been withholding my opinion about the GCD because I want to really give it a chance but I did get pretty bored playing yesterday. I'm hoping that this fix makes it less clunky. I was able to execute combos and such but it was so slow going that I just couldn't stay focused. I'll be back to comment after I've played a bit with this change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Much much better thank you all..

Offers more advil...and a pillow...
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to say, there are so many cool things about the update. Really. The "feel" of the game, graphics, all very awesome. BUT... Just ran Plasma Pyramid (which I can do almost in my sleep...and have done in fact once or twice). My point. I know it, inside-out. I know how to run it, when to fire spells, etc. Solo. (this is not to say I am in anyway an expert player, just that it is the only place I really farm for gold -- in fact, I'd probably be laughed at if you could see me run it, which is why I have it locked)

GCD still had me off my game (I actually had to use healing potions) and bosses took much longer. I don't want to flame. Really and truly. But is the GCD really necessary, and does it need to be tweaked to fix it!? What exactly does it fix? Maybe that would help me understand and if it has to stay, offer some type of constructive suggestion(s).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is no fun at all.. GCD still is pure PAIN -- Nothing else !!! No FUN !!
    I had to use the double amount of elexirs !! In a group with 4 Mages LEVEL55 + 56
    Are you doing this for your money only? Why this "update" ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes, the interface portion of GCD is improved. I was playing last night on WiFi, though, not 3G, so I don't know how much my issues with longer ping times and lagginess of controls was fixed, but I'm guessing it's a lot better because of the immediate response. I'll try to verify today when I get a chance.

I still think the GCD delay is too long. I'd rather see the GCD time dropped by at least half, if not more, and extend the individual skill cooldown timers (except for emergency skills like Heal and Revive).instead. This would allow skills to be fired off in quick - but not immediate - succession but also provide a tactical reason to not fire off every skill in a row.

Has anyone noticed if enemy damage, armor, health, and speed has been corrected yet to compensate for players having lower DPS, fewer buffs/debuffs, and less reliable access to heals? I was focusing on low-level play last night (starting Questius over again to see how well the questing/XP system works for smooth story-based leveling) since GCD has made high level play so much more of a grind, and at those low levels, there simply aren't enough buffs/debuffs available to really notice the difference. (Although even as early as level 3 or 4, I was finding GCD annoying, which surprised me.)
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

The main effect is half a second is now actually half a second, not half a second + server delay. Much more snappy

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    The main effect is half a second is now actually half a second, not half a second + server delay. Much more snappy
    I know I keep saying this again and again and I complain about it but now I can truly say my high ping + GCD is not much of an annoyance anymore. I like this update so far. A few more tweaks depending on how they balance the game would be very much appreciated.

@ALL: The GCD is staying. It's this game's evolutionary step to make those whiners say they are bored and they are quitting because they have fully consumed the game. This is a challenge. A game. It's the way it is. So if brats can't adapt to change like what the old fart said in the chatbox, then it can't be helped. PL will stay and other people will explore and play it. That's a fact.
    Last edited by Luchta; 04-13-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would say that b 4 the update I used my spells with thought and was definitely not button mashing now ima masher by the time u get a spell or two off and one didn't work after hittin it 2 or three times now im half dead not attacking with my weapon cause the guys already dead but the other 10 r still attacking I gota look over to see if I can heal standing there Doin nothing but getting hit about to die suckin down potion after potion well do I use a spell or heal im gettin creamed so I gota use a spell but gota heal ehh im just gonna turn it off this ain't no fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maybe keep gcd for attk spells but for heal and buffs it all gets alittle sloppy and slow please consider some of the ideas people r coming up with I loved this game and I will miss it if it stays the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sticky420 View Post
    I would say that b 4 the update I used my spells with thought and was definitely not button mashing now ima masher by the time u get a spell or two off and one didn't work after hittin it 2 or three times now im half dead not attacking with my weapon cause the guys already dead but the other 10 r still attacking I gota look over to see if I can heal standing there Doin nothing but getting hit about to die suckin down potion after potion well do I use a spell or heal im gettin creamed so I gota use a spell but gota heal ehh im just gonna turn it off this ain't no fun
    I dunno. That scenario you just described sounds fun to me. So many critical decisions to make with the threat of failing and dying hanging in the balance. It sounds fun because it sounds like a challenge.

Also, with the new GCD changes, you probably don't want to kamikaze into group of mobs 10 deep anymore. You have to be more strategical about it.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow, this change made a night and day difference. I really like the GCD in this incarnation. It is much smoother now. Thanks for the quick update!
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh and another thing, why do we even have to have the gcd? I just don't understand, and even though it's a little faster, it's still extremely tedious to play now.

I appreciate the hard work you guys at spacetime have put into this game, and you've never disappointed me before, only amazed, but now I gotta say I'm a little dissapointed =[
    Rhudien--Level 56 Dual Class [Paladin/Pure Int](my pride and joy pink magnet)