Thread: Tips For Getting Used to GCD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Tips For Getting Used to GCD

Simple, no "GCD sucks" stuff. I didn't like it at first but only because I'm a bird and everything was intensely fast. I'm getting used to it.

First, stay in town, or a weaker dungeon.

Passive skills, or buffs seem to GCD quicker than active offensive skills.(not confirmed)

Practice your timing. You may not be able to shoot off 4 skills in one second, but to make up for that, play in a party. As general advice, this game and any other game, is only as fun as you make it.

So you're used to madly stabbing at your screen with your poor fingers, you feel it takes forever to use another skill.

Stop.

Time your skill tap with the cooldown. Don't just keep mashing at the next one you want to use. When you see all your skills light up again, use your next skill. Trust me, you'll feel yourself getting used to it, just like you got so used to skill nuking everything at once.

I think this GCD is encouraging higher brain function. Instead of relying on bombarding your opponents, make moves for teamwork, make moves for survival. Of course... it doesn't look at all flashy and laggy as before (because we all love filling our screen with sparks and lag, and most recently, bodily gas).

Re-prioritize your skill placements on your screen.

Make combos closer to each other. For birds for instance, thorn wall + Shatter + Blast Shot should be adjacent. If you think you can add another skill in between, go for it. Line them up.

Play smart! You can do it. Good luck.
    Last edited by Junside; 04-13-2011 at 04:08 PM.