Thread: Gems and Items with sockets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Gems and Items with sockets

HI Devs !!!
    I know you are very busy now with the GCD issue and everyone talking to you on what to do and what not to do... actually i am one of them, but anyway.. i wanted to talk about a very cool feature that maybe someone already mentioned and that some how we already have in the game, not exactly but something like that...

that is Adding gems to items to give them extra abilities either in attack or defense or abilities to the character... maybe it should only be in pink items and/or you can buy with plat the sockets for the item.. that would be a real money maker !!! now the item should be trade-able.. this will create unique items and a new huge market for them!! the gems could be drops in different levels and very rare.. so not everything is about who has more money

i know this other game called Mu Online, they have another similar feature, each weapon has several levels like we do in PL, the idea on that game is that ones you get one very good item you can upgrade it to a higher level using a special chamber with some special Gems and gold.. the more gold you put the higher the chance of success.. but its never above 80% or something like that.. maybe it would be good for items above pinks... anyway this is just a secondary idea!!

cheers !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is what have in WOW, gems who gives extra abilities, i dont know if starting to add too much things at the game will cause problem of the game running, otherwise its good idea, like that also can add gems, shoes, gloves etc.... Also can add some profession at the caracters, like enchanter, mining gems, Alchemy to make potions, Herbalism, etc etc~~~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, but i also think there should be a max amount of sockets for each weapon according to its value. I also think you could pay gold for the first socket, and plat for more than one socket. But I also think there should be a downside, there should be like a 20% chance that it makes it a little worse, and a 2% chance it gets destroyed, so people cant get really greedy and do it to all of their items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree.. there has to be a % of the item being destroyed.. and maybe a max of 3 sockets.. and only for the best items.... so its really risky to do it and maybe lose the item..