Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Srry bout punctuation but u got my point right? I did another couple runs and its deff a glitch in the gcd. I was standing outside a room had to click mama shield 4 times to get it to activate it was the only spell I was hitting and it was definitely ready to use so instead of .25 seconds or whatever it actually took 4× that and the time to push it. I also was paying more attention while fighting and its happening with all my spells. So again even tho the gcd is faster the fact I have to worry that my spells rnt working and I have to wait for cool down even makes it worse than it was to begin with hope it can b fixed and that my punctuation is acceptable now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gcd is slight but not pleasing to the eye (cool down ontop of a cool down), sorry for reiterating my previous statements but a smaller status bar ontop of spell would be helpful. Thx dev I will give u good credit for the fast response and raise my market rating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Prime time, only 1800 people on line (again). It looks like players are still "sounding off" on the update through their actions, I selfishly hope the introduction of GCD doesn't deflate the user base permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Jira View Post
    Prime time, only 1800 people on line (again). It looks like players are still "sounding off" on the update through their actions, I selfishly hope the introduction of GCD doesn't deflate the user base permanently.
    Not being able to use the Join button is a major issue that is contributing to the lower playerbase. It's not only GCD.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This GCD implementation is hard for most loyal, loving, and supportive community members. It is not simply a reduction of weapon speed, or slight alteration here and there, but a complete change to the mechanics of the game which everyone grew to support and love. WE fell in love with the "original game" and it is hard to accept the "new game."

Anyway, just bringing in some other opinions that would have been better posted here for positive discussions. I think it is nice to listen to the opinions of the players who spend 99% percent of their playing time in the arenas. The following two posts are feedback from a bear, and one from an elf.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ut-me-and-GCD-)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...My-GCD-Opinion..

PL FTW !!!!111!!!ONE!!!1!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XRAX View Post
    This GCD implementation is hard for most loyal, loving, and supportive community members. It is not simply a reduction of weapon speed, or slight alteration here and there, but a complete change to the mechanics of the game which everyone grew to support and love. WE fell in love with the "original game" and it is hard to accept the "new game."

Anyway, just bringing in some other opinions that would have been better posted here for positive discussions. I think it is nice to listen to the opinions of the players who spend 99% percent of their playing time in the arenas. The following two posts are feedback from a bear, and one from an elf.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ut-me-and-GCD-)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...My-GCD-Opinion..

PL FTW !!!!111!!!ONE!!!1!!
    If I could have my way I would do away with gcd, and I do pvp with my bird only. That name is my mage name, I use her to farm. And since the beginning I been against gcd but I'm willing to compromise. Single us out seems kind of childesh, I hate it as much as the 35% of people that refuse to log on.

Again gcd is very buggy, I hope to see improvements over the weeks. Again I think it can be tweak a little faster that what we currently have (I hate gcd but willing to compromise because I am a true fan of PL).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I forgot to mention please make 1vs1, it will give the opportunity for people to test their skills without gank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by darkerelf View Post
    I forgot to mention please make 1vs1, it will give the opportunity for people to test their skills without gank.
    Just create a private, password-locked map. I think this was an excellent update feature that enables you to actually make a private game for whatever reason.
    Last edited by XRAX; 04-14-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I said I'd give my opinion after I got a chance to play today. It's a big improvement timing wise, it almost feels natural without me having to look at my skill buttons. But it feels natural like when I'm really sleepy and play runs casting kinda slow and lethargic. I'm not feeling any sort of rush or exitement. I might get used to it. But honestly the past 3 days I've only completed one run before getting bored and logging out. A lot of players have spoken their peace at this point and the devs made it clear GCD is not going away, so I won't be posting any more on the subject. Or playing as much considering one slow run was enough to convince me to stop playing for the night.
    Last edited by bravemenrun; 04-14-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Bravemenrun ::.... ..: Level 55 ::.... ..: MAGE OF THE SKULL HELM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have an idea, I hope the dev will take it into consideration. Like your regular pvp and capture the flag, why not add another separate arenas with gcd for whoever believes in it. For the 35-45% of who refuse to log on, why not keep the original pvp arenas the way it was. I will have to say when I pvped before I was proud of what I have achieved and enjoyed the fast past fights. Of course their are some that are just too good but I was hoping make one I will be an days or better than they are. Now I'm getting called a noob my people who has never entered the arena before.

I mean why does pve have to suffer too, keep everything the way it was and just add gcd to another set of areas who feel the need for it. If that's not possible then since the pvp population is so small remake arenas with no gcd.. please please other people out there help with voucher..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please remake a separate arena with no gcd for the devoted smaller pvp population, and aside from that you can charge plat too for the new arena. Or vise versa, make an additional arena with gcd for who ever feel the need for it. I believe you will please a lot of people. Please don't let pve suffer, I hate to repost, but just keeping it short. I'm begging you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wouldn't mind an elite pvp area with no gcd. #thatsagoodidea

It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Darkerelf, I would love to join you in thinking they should remove the gcd, but now that its been shortened I really don't mind it at all. Could be shortened another little bit, but it is good as is now, imo. Multitouching in pvp was not how pvp is intended to be played. I will admit though, I haven't pvp'd much in PL, but I have a lot in other mmorpgs, and not one allows you to fire off a large amount of skills at once, although in most of those, some skills and stuff aren't affected by the games gcd.

I definitely see WHY they implemented a gcd, it just still needs to be tweaked and perfected (although It is getting close ). I guess the only helpful advice I can give you would be to either adapt to it, or maybe stay away from pvp while they are refining the gcd. what do you have against pve anyways? ( just kidding! lol)
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

GCD is perfect where it is now. Thanks devs!
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    Multitouching in pvp was not how pvp is intended to be played.
    You design this game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

You design this game?
    No he doesn't, but he's right, it wasn't meant to be played with multi-touch.

If it was intended, devs wouldn't have bothered to go through all this work to implement and perfect GCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's 10:30pm mountain time and the population is only at 1500, you may have a point but a separate pvp arena with no gcd might bring back a big portion of that population. You might be surprised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally don't even know if multitouch is possible, I own a HTC evo with Sprint and I enjoyed way better before. Yes I have been accused of multitouch too, but believe me its no fun no more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I play on an iPad and I PVP rarely. Even though the iPad is a multi-touch device, I could really care less if GCD was PVP or not. I PVP only when my group of friends wants to and we only 5 v 5. In PVP or PVE I've never multi-touched, but have been always been fast on the buttons. The GCD has significantly changed the pace and flow of what was a rapid pace game, even for me, a person who has never multi-touched. I don't see what the obvious thing the development team is fixing with this update. STS has been so brilliant and fast with content and features and why they would change the core feel of their game? It doesn't make sense.

Moreover, I would gladly pay $15/month to play this game, the way it was -- and I would still buy plat.

Like Elly, I play this game in the evenings as much for social as anything. My primary crew is a solid, nightly group -- four 56's and a near 56 -- this isn't our first rodeo with pl. For us, it's a social and gaming experience. While I have a ton of "friends" there are only only a few I play with regularity -- skype and all -- but now, none of them want to play including myself. A normal night, maybe 4 hours and 50 runs... tonight less than 30 minutes and 2 runs. And I'm not blowing smoke here, STS can look at my login history. The fact that the game mechanics have changed so much that the social aspect has been decimated is the saddest loss here... and it's not just me, look at the logged in player count.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

darkerelf, I play on a HTC evo 4g, from Sprint, also. While you can't multitouch as bad as an iPad ( iirc you can fire 10 skills at once on iPad), before gcd you could fire off 3 skills at once on our phones. I tested before gcd to see how many at once, cause I was bored one day lol. Well, 3 if you were not hitting the joystick also at that moment.

The Real Jira, no, I do not design this game, however, in another thread the devs have said themselves the same thing.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.