Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,502 Posts

Default 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

• Skill global cooldown time has been significantly reduced. Give it a whirl!
    • Fixed bug that was causing Pharaoh's Sword from not having an appearance.
    • Fixed being able to tap in the upper left corner of the Friends screen to accidentally activate the join button
    • Removed healing waters SFX from Oasis Towne pool party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow nice gotta test this. Thanks a lot ALS
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dearest Devs,

I likey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I must say it is really, really rewarding to see such active and involved devs. Kudos. I tried a PP run while on a coffee break (i.e. not much time, want to accomplish something, needing fast paced action fix) with my lvl 52 mage, solo. I died on Anubis (forgive my spelling)

I still do not like GCD.

BUT, it is better. Much. I am even be willing to readjust my expectations of what I am looking for and how to play. With a few more tweaks, and some time to try and play with a group, I will know more.

Here are my general suggestions:
    1. Fix XP -- there have been several very good suggestions on granting more given the length of time, etc. I have one to add for typically solo players. Let us earn XP (albeit very reduced) in areas that we can solo (and which are now more challenging). For me that would be in AO2.

2. Fix buff, debuff, elixir timers to compensate for the reduced time it takes to get through a map. Again, there have been some really good suggestions.

3. Drop rates, weapon damage, etc. All very good suggestions and relevant to the length of time it takes to get through a map.

Overall, I sadly thought I was done. I can't express how happy I am that we are moving in the right direction and that the Devs are trying so hard.

But, for the record... I still don't like GCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blayzn View Post
    I must say it is really, really rewarding to see such active and involved devs. Kudos. I tried a PP run while on a coffee break (i.e. not much time, want to accomplish something, needing fast paced action fix) with my lvl 52 mage, solo. I died on Anubis (forgive my spelling)

I still do not like GCD.

BUT, it is better. Much. I am even be willing to readjust my expectations of what I am looking for and how to play. With a few more tweaks, and some time to try and play with a group, I will know more.

Here are my general suggestions:
    1. Fix XP -- there have been several very good suggestions on granting more given the length of time, etc. I have one to add for typically solo players. Let us earn XP (albeit very reduced) in areas that we can solo (and which are now more challenging). For me that would be in AO2.

2. Fix buff, debuff, elixir timers to compensate for the reduced time it takes to get through a map. Again, there have been some really good suggestions.

3. Drop rates, weapon damage, etc. All very good suggestions and relevant to the length of time it takes to get through a map.

Overall, I sadly thought I was done. I can't express how happy I am that we are moving in the right direction and that the Devs are trying so hard.

But, for the record... I still don't like GCD.

they cant get rid of GCD b/c some platforms allow you to hit all of your buttons at the same time and have all your skills released at the same time. GCD was implemented so you can only use 1 skill at a time, which is the way the skills were designed to be used. you gain more xp by playing in full groups (of 5), which makes sense b/c PL wants to encourage ppl to play w other ppl as opposed to riding solo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what does ALS stand for?..im not good with acronims

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonygmoney View Post
    what does ALS stand for?..im not good with acronims
    Those are initials of the developer that started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tonygmoney View Post
    what is SFX??
    SFX = Sound effects
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cooldown time is now perfect, don't change a thing
    http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2582/29839pocketlegends3dmmo.jpg
    Zux Str Bear
    Zuxs Dex Bird
    Zuks Int Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll feel like the flash now, just got used to them
    Sybilly Future pally ( 30 ) Hybilly Future Dexbird ( 11 )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Can you fix the issues with the new AO quests? Check the bugs forum for more information.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Yea!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    Can you fix the issues with the new AO quests? Check the bugs forum for more information.
    I second this motion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yay!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    • Removed healing waters SFX from Oasis Towne pool party.
    Well that is it! I spend millions of plat on this game and I play 52 hours a day. Also I have brought in at least 200067 new players to the game. These sound effects where the ONLY reason I ever played PL. I quit! This is again an example of how PL does not care for it's players. I will never play agaiiiin!!!!!

Good job DEVs! And the way our characters turn when fighting is just plain awesomeness too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Definitely a huge improvement. But it seems like some of my skills aren't registering and I have to tap them several times. Never had this problem before -- don't even think that happened yesterday.
    So far only tested it in town, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Definitely a huge improvement. But it seems like some of my skills aren't registering and I have to tap them several times. Never had this problem before -- don't even think that happened yesterday.
    So far only tested it in town, though.
    I have the same bug! Sometimes the skills don't register. And it's not becuase skills are still cooling down or my device prolem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genes View Post
    I have the same bug! Sometimes the skills don't register. And it's not becuase skills are still cooling down or my device prolem.
    I'm having the same issue and it's VERY!!@!#@!@!$$#@### frustrating.

I just tried with the shorter cool down and I think I like it even less but that may be because only about 60% of the time my skills even registered I was hitting them--I know it's not my device as it would be pretty coincidental to have my device stop registering when I hit a skill right when the release happens (I'm not a skill masher).

One thing I do not like about it is that my role in the group has drastically changed. I liked keeping people buffed, keeping mobs debuffed and healing people. I also enjoyed actually causing damage AND getting kills. I like seeing my kill count go up. I just ran hideout and got 9! kills. This is much less than I'm used to getting in that dungeon. I wanted to keep my group buffed and healed and it caused me to have less time to cause damage. I don't like that I have to choose between helping out the team and doing what I love to do--nuking the crap out of stuff. I'm hoping that this is more of a pronounced problem because I can't get my skills to fire even if it's "ready".

The skill will appear ready, then I'll hit it and it will go dim for a split second as if I have actually hit it but nothing will happen (no skill will fire) then it will relight right away as if it's ready again and it does a kind of weird double flash thing. I'll have to hit it a few times for it to finally work.

Also, while my death count is relatively high (I'm a little over 1,000) I'd like to keep it from going up at a rapid rate. Once I started playing the game more I started paying attention to deaths and now I like to see that number creep up as slowly as possible. I'm having to guzzle health pots a lot more than I remember guzzling before.

I am also now being annoyed by the dim down and lighting up of the skills. When it was .5 seconds I didn't notice as much but now it's really distracting.

Now, before people scream that I need to give constructive criticism, I don't really know HOW to suggest anything "better" to do with GCD because I don't really know what might work better other than nixing it all together. I haven't even PLAYED a video game in 18 years (since Donkey Kong for Nintendo and that was only casually. Before that the only game I'd really played was Super Mario Brothers for the original Nintendo when I was 10) so I don't have fancy suggestions and I don't really understand the mechanics of the game from a developer POV so I can't give feedback with suggestions of how to fix it. I've just given my feedback about my play experience so far. Up until now I've not really contributed much to what I DON'T like because I know it must be hard and very political to have everyone screaming and up in arms about things but the suggestion to give it a whirl leads me to believe that you guys want to know if you're getting closer to finding something people will like. So far I'm kind of bummed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Deff much better but as I was playing today id cleear a room and before goin to next room I would buff so im stand there hit my spell nothing hit it again nuthin had to push it 5 times on one occasion and six another to get it to activate this is just one spell it would do gcd but did not activate now I know it was Doin it because I was not fighting just standing outside a room so now im wondering when I am fighting 10 or 15 guys not paying as much attention the same thing has to b happening so ic there's a way to fix that that would b great im starting to get used to gcd but if tthats something that goes along with it im back to sayin get rid of it if its gonna b flair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sticky420 View Post
    Deff much better but as I was playing today id cleear a room and before goin to next room I would buff so im stand there hit my spell nothing hit it again nuthin had to push it 5 times on one occasion and six another to get it to activate this is just one spell it would do gcd but did not activate now I know it was Doin it because I was not fighting just standing outside a room so now im wondering when I am fighting 10 or 15 guys not paying as much attention the same thing has to b happening so ic there's a way to fix that that would b great im starting to get used to gcd but if tthats something that goes along with it im back to sayin get rid of it if its gonna b flair
    Holy never-ending sentence Batman! Punctuation is your friend sticky420

I also seem to be experiencing the bug where you hit an ability and it doesn't register. It's actually gotten me killed a couple times. I love the new gcd timing, but would love it even more if you guys could fix this slight bug.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Plasticuproject

Last edited by Plasticuproject; 02-08-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Much better

The game is once again playable!! I can like this. We just need to learn how to tweak our playing styles and work together. Good job devs!!