Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    Multitouching in pvp was not how pvp is intended to be played.
    You design this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Jira View Post
    You design this game?
    No he doesn't, but he's right, it wasn't meant to be played with multi-touch.

If it was intended, devs wouldn't have bothered to go through all this work to implement and perfect GCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I play on an iPad and I PVP rarely. Even though the iPad is a multi-touch device, I could really care less if GCD was PVP or not. I PVP only when my group of friends wants to and we only 5 v 5. In PVP or PVE I've never multi-touched, but have been always been fast on the buttons. The GCD has significantly changed the pace and flow of what was a rapid pace game, even for me, a person who has never multi-touched. I don't see what the obvious thing the development team is fixing with this update. STS has been so brilliant and fast with content and features and why they would change the core feel of their game? It doesn't make sense.

Moreover, I would gladly pay $15/month to play this game, the way it was -- and I would still buy plat.

Like Elly, I play this game in the evenings as much for social as anything. My primary crew is a solid, nightly group -- four 56's and a near 56 -- this isn't our first rodeo with pl. For us, it's a social and gaming experience. While I have a ton of "friends" there are only only a few I play with regularity -- skype and all -- but now, none of them want to play including myself. A normal night, maybe 4 hours and 50 runs... tonight less than 30 minutes and 2 runs. And I'm not blowing smoke here, STS can look at my login history. The fact that the game mechanics have changed so much that the social aspect has been decimated is the saddest loss here... and it's not just me, look at the logged in player count.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally don't even know if multitouch is possible, I own a HTC evo with Sprint and I enjoyed way better before. Yes I have been accused of multitouch too, but believe me its no fun no more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

darkerelf, I play on a HTC evo 4g, from Sprint, also. While you can't multitouch as bad as an iPad ( iirc you can fire 10 skills at once on iPad), before gcd you could fire off 3 skills at once on our phones. I tested before gcd to see how many at once, cause I was bored one day lol. Well, 3 if you were not hitting the joystick also at that moment.

The Real Jira, no, I do not design this game, however, in another thread the devs have said themselves the same thing.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    darkerelf, I play on a HTC evo 4g, from Sprint, also. While you can't multitouch as bad as an iPad ( iirc you can fire 10 skills at once on iPad), before gcd you could fire off 3 skills at once on our phones. I tested before gcd to see how many at once, cause I was bored one day lol. Well, 3 if you were not hitting the joystick also at that moment.

The Real Jira, no, I do not design this game, however, in another thread the devs have said themselves the same thing.
    That may be all true but I was able to keep up with most top player (not all but most). For all those feel other wise stick to gcd pvp. But I am proposing an additional arena for who ever feel the need for no gcd. Do you understand that...? check out the leaderboard that didn't get there over night, maybe so, but for a few who do or can multitouch (great), but at least one of them is not and that is do to their hard work and time invested...(separate arena with no gcd). Yes keep gcd somewhere else, but just make one for the ones who who has grown to love PL for what it use to be.