Thread: My GCD Opinion..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My GCD Opinion..

This past week there was the launch of a Global Cool Down update that restrained the use of fast pace Pvp Skill summoning. Along with the update came cool emotes, new screen designs and different characterized faces. Up to the point of this update the Developers, also known as Devs, have been outstanding when it came to pleasing the users of Pocket Legends. So why is it that when this update came out, there was a sudden shift of respect and appreciation? Lots of players quit, some were so angry they were banned for doing something irresponsible. It's sickening.

From what I know, the goal of GCD was to even out the possibility of Pvp and make the skills of each avatar quite similar. Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of the game. If all lvl 55/56's were delegated to contain the same set of skill level then why make the game players able to "customize" skills and weapons? Because the game is called "Pocket Legends." The goal of every Pvp player is to become a "Legend" in their own shape and form. All the farming, practicing, money spent of platinum, experimenting with different skills and stats were put into each and every character to the fitting of that persons liking in order to execute what they wanted. For GCD to want to make everyone equal is taking the pride out of each character. It's taking those hours of practice, farming, and money spent away.

I agree that for iPad users there is now a limited time allot for their "multi-touch." And that is the only thing great about this GCD. However, there was NO indication that a certain Avatar was dominating the other ones. A lot of characters say that Dex Birds were dominating the Pvp Realm. That is not true. Depending on the skill level and how well a person Pvp'd there is no way of telling who dominates.

Take for instance Xrax, Skimmey, Hmmhmm, Junside, and Thelonearcher. They are all phenomenal birds with awesome reputations for being great Pvp players. But they did not get that repuation by merely becoming a bird. It took practice, failure, and achievement.

Tssros and Fabiokmd are well-known bears that will come out on top of everyone else as well. They also have repuatations as being kings of bears.

Kellylita, Imperialelf, Amyxrose, and Goodchoice are mages/pally's that have earned their names are great Pvp players also.

Did any of these players become great just by sitting around Forest Haven chatting or in Blackstone? No, They practiced and got to know their characters. It is possible for ANYONE to become great. There is no need to add a GCD because it seems as though people are dominating.

As for us players that have been hear for awhile, we gotta have a better attitude. Take the problems to the Forums and not the Pocket Legend World. Rate and explain your concerns on here. There are low level's that look up to some of you, and hearing negative things can discourage and even ruin the experience of some new players.

Thanks all!

-Faryia
    .. Lvl 55 Faryia (Pally)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To me, lack of headshot in FPS will not be called FPS, it can be only called RPG in FPS style. Can not activate skills in real time, instead of general cool down (Queuing), it becomes Final Fantasy game. Initially, I can compare PL with Guild War, but no more with this general cool down. It requires skill to know when to use what skill in timely fashion, not every player can master this easily. Like said in above post, it takes a lot of practices.

-MajorWar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Truly inspiring message, especiially when I read it a second time with "America The Beautiful" playing in the background.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Yeh GCD didn't really add anything to help the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I am Rangepwnsmeel and I approve this message!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I'm a great pvper? lol kidding me... I'm losing my touch if I ever had the leetness in me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

In a way I agree Faryia, in another way I don't. Coming from someone who was good at spamming skills fast and mashing buttons in the right order, I feel PVP requires much more strategy now. It doesn't require quick fingers (which I have), it actually requires timing and more skill right now. I must agree I preferred the old way alot more then GCD, but I think that the GCD right now is really toned down from the first release and isn't all that bad. If we all make hate threads about GCD it isn't going to accomplish anything. GCD is here to stay we might as well get used to it.
    Last edited by Sigkill; 04-14-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I love dex elf's with their guaranteed crit. One hit KO pretty much.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    I love dex elf's with their guaranteed crit. One hit KO pretty much.
    Dodgeness... :P

Buffed I can tank it using a pally. I find it's more annoying when a MM staffed mage crits me with drain. Can't tank then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

*post from a non pvper*
    ppl which was good in pvp should be still good. before GCD a battle btw. archers was just about who pressed faster the buttons... thats all.. was that the competition wich all liked?? Imo now it requires much more than this, and i can really give a try. now we may will really c whos good and who not.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    *post from a non pvper*
    ppl which was good in pvp should be still good. before GCD a battle btw. archers was just about who pressed faster the buttons... thats all.. was that the competition wich all liked?? Imo now it requires much more than this, and i can really give a try. now we may will really c whos good and who not.
    Right on the money! I went in PvP yesterday and felt like a noob with the latest patch. Got killed a lot of times because I got used to tapping with the previous patch's timing. Noob mode almost over and I'm enjoying it more and more.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends