Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XRAX View Post
    Actually, if you have experienced PvP at a high end level, you would know that the average bear would annihilation an average bird before GcD, any day of the week; no competition there. The high armor of the bear and the beckon + slashes + stomp combo would take out a bird EVEN if the bird unloaded his whole arsenal arrows. You had to be smart before to take out a fury bear and actually apply strategy skill you gained from the experience within the arena.

PvP was relatively well balanced before. 10-fold more than it is now. Every class had a more or less equal chance of killing the other class, given that you were skilled enough.
    What's the difference nitpicking who would win pregcd, if an average bear "annhilates" an average bird pregcd then you have agreed with my argument that classes were unbalanced even before? Especially if you claim that a bear can do it "any day of the week; no competition there" - how is that remotely balanced compared to the average dex mage now annihilating a bird, any day of the week, no competition there? Case in point, like I said before, favoritism has shifted from one class/build to another class/build.

Quote Originally Posted by skimmey View Post
    So I am really curious where the added challenge of playing more strategic is now? I would be really glad to hear a reason or and example which matchup is more strategic now.
    Apparently, having one-shot rounds pre-GCD wasn't considered strategic at all either.