Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GCD Pvp Opinion

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

@Mooger

Like Nightarcher say, nobody arguing we just have a interesting Debate over GCD that all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Everybody just hug it out, and quit rehashing the same points over and over in this thread, for the love of god. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, and to sit and try to force someone else to accept your opinion of what you view is "right" is beyond idiotic.

Instead of whining in thread after thread, put together a clearly laid-out email or post and email the devs, instead of nagging each other in threads trying to convince the other person you are "right".

Some of you seem to have already made up your mind and are close-minded to any change. FAIL FAIL FAIL. Life is about adapting, improvising, overcoming...so instead of p***ing and moaning like juveniles, try mastering the new system instead of posting wave after wave of posts bemoaning your poor PvP life, and hopefully the devs make improvements along the way. There is constructive feedback, and there is whining which they do not like and generally ignore.

Again, I don't like GCD either....ruins the fun I had on the PvE side...but I posted a bunch of level-headed suggestions along with others that if they were going to keep it, try doing X...and guess what? The devs are trying to find a balance.

I bet you couldn't wait to post this.
    Imo everyone on this thread is simply having a discussion like grown adults and sharing their opinions (it COULD use a little toning down by seminole/nightarcher). There is no flaming, and no one is imposing a "who is right and who is wrong" debate. In addition, I am certain the devs are getting enough emails as it is, and I think the forums would be a more ideal place to voice your opinions.
    Many people, including myself, have adapted, and improvised, and overcome, and blah blah... whatever else you want to mention. Like I encourage everyone posting to do, giving constructive feedback should be our focus. Even better, make some recommendations in suggestions (which will be my next step when the updates freeze for a while). We are giving feedback from our experience. The pvp community is relatively smaller than the PvE community and I have taken the responsibility to represent the voices of the majority within. So before flaming out of your own personal frustration for whatever reason - relax n' take chill pill. The overall tone of your post is unnecessary, and accomplished nothing related to the topic of this thread. The message you are trying to send could have easily been stated with more calm. You are also only seeing this from one perspective. Open your mind, as we have opened ours.
    Either way, I am also confident that the devs will make improvements along the way. I am not necessarily
    Just as an aside, GCD has not hindered my PvE experience at all, and was able to do a couple solo runs at close to the same rate as before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    @Seminole (because the posts are long)

What you say is "fact" is your opinion, which in fact is what many other players see as false. Here's some facts for you.

FACT- Because you get to use less skills, you should be more selective with the ones you use. That's... strategy!

FACT- Quickly pressing skills after they cooldown will speed up your damage output, so speed is still in play.

FACT- I was complaining about Dexmages being overpowered, until Parth helped me out a bit.

FACT- Many other games do not have a cooldown system across all skills. Some have a completely different system for battles. If it has a similar skill system, many have individual skill cooldowns, some have a GCD similar to this game, and yet others have a GCD that just resets the skills individually back to their individual cooldown time after you use one.

--

Oh ya and I'm not against you; I'm just pointing out that many people use their strong feeling as grounds for saying GCD is stupid. I'm enjoying the debate man
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    @Mooger

Like Nightarcher say, nobody arguing we just have a interesting Debate over GCD that all
    +1
    Let the friendly debates continue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Xrax,

Let me list this out.

1. My post was not directed at you in any way shape or form, as you have been the most level-headed of the bunch with excellent posts and points (except for one in another thread, and it is just a matter of differing opinions). Others alternate between constructive feedback and then trying to flame each other....flaming each other on a feedback thread is D-U-M-B.

2. The flaming/whining tone of some posts will get nothing done. Devs have repeatedly stated they do not listen to it, if it is not in some sort of constructive tone. I realize that not everyone here speaks English as a primary language, but the "gcd sux!" has been repeatedly dev-addressed as non-noteworthy without some sort of constructive feedback as to why it "sux".

3. I already have a dad, so attempting to condescend me, which you most definitely did in the latter part of your post, will get you nowhere.

4. Open my mind? I am fully open to what the devs are trying to do. Do you see me flaming GCD or any of the recent tweaks in any posts? Go run a search of my posts and let me know where I flamed it/don't have an open mind. I'll be waiting.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

@Mooger

ONCE AGAIN nobody here is flaming whining etc. Like both parties have said we have a respectable debate. I respect Nightarcher, Xray and others and respect what they say. I like give my points they give their point so maybe you reading different thread and get mix up because we have friendly debate here as community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Xrax,

Let me list this out.

1. My post was not directed at you in any way shape or form, as you have been the most level-headed of the bunch with excellent posts and points (except for one in another thread, and it is just a matter of differing opinions). Others alternate between constructive feedback and then trying to flame each other....flaming each other on a feedback thread is D-U-M-B.

2. The flaming/whining tone of some posts will get nothing done. Devs have repeatedly stated they do not listen to it, if it is not in some sort of constructive tone. I realize that not everyone here speaks English as a primary language, but the "gcd sux!" has been repeatedly dev-addressed as non-noteworthy without some sort of constructive feedback as to why it "sux".

3. I already have a dad, so attempting to condescend me, which you most definitely did in the latter part of your post, will get you nowhere.

4. Open my mind? I am fully open to what the devs are trying to do. Do you see me flaming GCD or any of the recent tweaks in any posts? Go run a search of my posts and let me know where I flamed it/don't have an open mind. I'll be waiting.
    Moogerfooger,

1. No one is flaming

2. No one is flaming/whining. Athough stating "gcd sux" is unacceptable, the strength in English for some of us is weaker than others, and if it just happened once or twice with justifiable feedback, let it slide. (note to the rest of you posters: don't let your frustration get the better of you and use logic and reason to get your point across).

3. I am belittling the tone of your initial post, not you directly.

4. Open mind as in take the perspective of others to whom this affects the most.

Finally, please stay focused on the topic of this thread. You have made your initial points clear and they will be taken into consideration. Now I don't want this to turn into a back and forth between you and me. Effectively I'm done on this issue.

Let's please get back to topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XRAX View Post
    I agree with many of the things you say seminole, and nightarcher you make a few good points here and there. But, Lol nightarcher, I have seen you complain about GCD in game as well...not exaaactly sure what your intentions are, but at least try to be consistent .
    For consistency's sake:

1. Yes I'm not a pvp god and I get pissed off when in extreme competitive mode. I do tend to, while angry, verbally abuse the game system or circumstance as a better alternative to flaming other players. Ok yes I do that sometimes too, but hey nobody's perfect.

2. My complaints recently haven't been with GCD itself (which I love) but with the resulting uber-powerful-Mage-critting that I can never seem to dodge even in full drainers. I'm still getting used to mages being as deadly as archers. (or even more)

3. Obviously, we have opposite viewpoints about whether GCD was an improvement or not. You think many of my points are invalid, I think they're all valid. The truth is most likely in the middle somewhere.

--

P.S.- If I'm ever in a PVP game and you can tell I'm losing it, I respond really well to a calm "Hey dude it's a game, have fun!" Logic usually trumps my emotional rampage.
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 04-17-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    @Seminole (because the posts are long)

What you say is "fact" is your opinion, which in fact is what many other players see as false. Here's some facts for you.

FACT- Because you get to use less skills, you should be more selective with the ones you use. That's... strategy!

FACT- Quickly pressing skills after they cooldown will speed up your damage output, so speed is still in play.

FACT- I was complaining about Dexmages being overpowered, until Parth helped me out a bit.

FACT- Many other games do not have a cooldown system across all skills. Some have a completely different system for battles. If it has a similar skill system, many have individual skill cooldowns, some have a GCD similar to this game, and yet others have a GCD that just resets the skills individually back to their individual cooldown time after you use one.

--

Oh ya and I'm not against you; I'm just pointing out that many people use their strong feeling as grounds for saying GCD is stupid. I'm enjoying the debate man
    Whoa, one of the best posts I've seen for a while. Establishing difference between fact & opinion and making some really good points. Right on brother!

For me, only a few casual pvp games, seems better than before just needs good feedback for the devs to look at now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mages -19 suxx in pvp only vs bears... but good chances at 22 cuz crit/dmg buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all ...
    It just was to say that because of GCD, pvp has become really boring ... To buff, it takes at least 5 secondes...
    I think pl has totally changed since the add of GCD ... I heard it was added to reduce lag ... But because of it I find it adds some
    Without it, all characters could beat each others! Now, pally have nearly no chance to kill others ;(
    I even seen unknown people who killed very good ones because of it

Even pve is worse I find ... I even couldn't solo 3 monsters -.-"

As a summary I Think that GCD has totally changed pocket legends which was perfectly balanced without ...

Thanks for watching and cu soon maybe on pl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Get over it. Per Cinco, GCD is here to stay; so adapt your play-style or find a new game -- I think it's been made that clear by the devs.

I complained after it came out but the 3rd patch on it seemed to make it at least playable. Still the typical fight takes now what, all of about 5-10 seconds? People are mad that it's up from 3-5 seconds? I remember a PvP fight on AC/Darktide between two skilled players could easily last between 5-7 minutes (or more if someone started running and pursuit was involved).

At the end of the day, you're not losing any stuff when you lose; just your pride. Learn, adapt and have fun. History has shown that every class/build will have its day in the arena.
    Subterraneous - level 56 elf (Sub)
    Predadactyl - level 56 bird (Pred)
    Kodiaktic - level 40 bear (Kodi)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok ... Today 5 of my best friends, very good birds left the game because of that gcd ... I don't understand what is interesting thanks to this ... Plz at least don't put gcd for pvp! For pve Ok^^ but for pvp is horrible ... There is no action! Lots of my friends are saying me they think to quit the game because of that ... Men, really u should at least don't put gcd for pvp... To become very good without gcd u have to practise, learn ur proper combo and try to use it the quickliest possible! That's the most interesting! Now with gcd, I saw some people who press all buttons without order and who kill very good players ...

Congratulations for the new decoration which is fantastic
    Ty for watching and I hope people will react and help to change the pocket legends world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nonodemonio View Post
    Ok ... Today 5 of my best friends, very good birds left the game because of that gcd ... I don't understand what is interesting thanks to this ... Plz at least don't put gcd for pvp! For pve Ok^^ but for pvp is horrible ... There is no action! Lots of my friends are saying me they think to quit the game because of that ... Men, really u should at least don't put gcd for pvp... To become very good without gcd u have to practise, learn ur proper combo and try to use it the quickliest possible! That's the most interesting! Now with gcd, I saw some people who press all buttons without order and who kill very good players ...

Congratulations for the new decoration which is fantastic
    Ty for watching and I hope people will react and help to change the pocket legends world
    Hmm..
    Demoniooooo!

I would have to disagree, though. Gcd was mainly meant for PvP with the intention that it would slow things down and it would require more strategy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi dyna long time no see

If the principal goal was to slow thing, it works ... It works So much that I wasn't far from falling asleep while I was fighting :P

And strategy -.- I've just been beaten by a Mage lvl51 who pressed button without order
    I think the game was much better and exciting without...

Dyna, i hope u wont leave the game like it I will have 1 good friend still playing

Cu soon in pl :/

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XRAX View Post
    Physiologic, you seem to be missing the point, and it is hard to have a to break it down for you when you have had close to zero pvp experience prior to the update. The point of pvp was not to be "average." The driving force of pvp, and the driving force behind competition and challenge is to become the best. This is psychology, and it can be very well explained with neuroscience. This is what kept players rooted to their devices prior to gcd, and in the arenas. An "average" player does not stay "average" pre gcd. There was a beautiful "S" shaped learning curve. I remember when I first started, I got my fair share of beat downs. This motivated me to practice, and invest in the arenas to get to where I am today. Same applies to other mages, birds, and bears I know that were distinguishable for the amateurs. With the current system in place, an "average" player has little room to grow. A complete newbie can enter the arena and perform at close to the same level now as he or she will down the line with experience. Before, you were able to see a qualitative difference in your playing style and skills over time; now, it has become one dimensional, with a limited scale. You can say what you will, and although I respect your educated opinions and respect what you are trying to do, unless you have had some form of actual experience with pvp before, these arguments won't mean anything to you. Again,
    I was leaning more towards the inherent nature of a class' skill set (bear vs mage vs archer) that determines such an unbalance. How a bears' skill set compares to an archer's skill set prior to GCD mostly determined the outcome of the match, in which case according to you, bears would win hands on, if it was an average player vs an average player. The bird player would undoubtedly need more skill to overcome the average bear. Now, the shift is towards dex mages (a skill BUILD, not a class comparison like birds vs bears) who will win most matches, and an average bird would need more skill than the average dex mage to bear them.

I actually don't need higher-leveled PvP experience to conduct such an analytical study on PvP since you did say that bears would an annihilate a bird any day of the week pre-GCD. Had you said "the average bear and the average bird killed each other at a 50/50 rate pre-GCD" then I would back away since that statement would indeed prove such an extreme imbalance did not exist prior to the implementation of GCD.