Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dex Mage Owns PVP

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

PL is originally only supposed to be a PvE game, the devs only released PvP because a lot of players asked for it. Trying to apply PvE mechanics into PvP is like doing this:

PvP in PL will ALWAYS, always be flawed to a large extent, unless a complete overhaul is done so that PvE AND PvP mechanics are taken into account hand-in-hand. At the current rate, every global (e.g. GCD) and individual (e.g. skill damage) change will shift PvP balance in favor for one type of class. When I think of balance, there absolutely cannot be one build or class that outperforms another build or another class. Blizzard's Starcraft series is a perfect example of this, as a seasoned veteran can defeat any race with any race - but bringing in Starcraft into this argument is moot since Starcraft is driven on a PvP engine. Birds reigned supreme before GCD and now dex mages are top. There can be no argument as to how to make PvP "better" in any way. Many skills need to be scrapped and redesigned as well as innate game mechanics, like how mage skills fire faster with the GCD, and formula changes as well (hit%, crit, armor, dodge calculations). It sucks bears have to deal with one "chance" to do damage otherwise they are dead - there is clearly a flaw with a bear's inherent hit% in this case that must be adjusted for PvP, or else it will always be unfair for this class.

Unless there's an overhaul in nearly every aspect of every class in PL, I will be expecting more of these "______ owns PvP" threads in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    PL is originally only supposed to be a PvE game, the devs only released PvP because a lot of players asked for it. Trying to apply PvE mechanics into PvP is like doing this:

PvP in PL will ALWAYS, always be flawed to a large extent, unless a complete overhaul is done so that PvE AND PvP mechanics are taken into account hand-in-hand. At the current rate, every global (e.g. GCD) and individual (e.g. skill damage) change will shift PvP balance in favor for one type of class. When I think of balance, there absolutely cannot be one build or class that outperforms another build or another class. Blizzard's Starcraft series is a perfect example of this, as a seasoned veteran can defeat any race with any race - but bringing in Starcraft into this argument is moot since Starcraft is driven on a PvP engine. Birds reigned supreme before GCD and now dex mages are top. There can be no argument as to how to make PvP "better" in any way. Many skills need to be scrapped and redesigned as well as innate game mechanics, like how mage skills fire faster with the GCD, and formula changes as well (hit%, crit, armor, dodge calculations). It sucks bears have to deal with one "chance" to do damage otherwise they are dead - there is clearly a flaw with a bear's inherent hit% in this case that must be adjusted for PvP, or else it will always be unfair for this class.

Unless there's an overhaul in nearly every aspect of every class in PL, I will be expecting more of these "______ owns PvP" threads in the future.
    great picture
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It sucks bears have to deal with one "chance" to do damage otherwise they are dead - there is clearly a flaw with a bear's inherent hit% in this case that must be adjusted for PvP, or else it will always be unfair for this class.

Exactly what I've been trying to say

I can understand why there is a large increase of Bow Bears now too. It eliminates the Hit/Crit issue and gives us what str bears have the most disadvantage on; range.

From my understanding it goes :

"Instead of dying while trying to fight as a str bear, you might as well die, and kill even, as a bow bear."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Exactly what I've been trying to say

I can understand why there is a large increase of Bow Bears now too. It eliminates the Hit/Crit issue and gives us what str bears have the most disadvantage on; range.

From my understanding it goes :

"Instead of dying while trying to fight as a str bear, you might as well die, and kill even, as a bow bear."

Bow Bears are actually pretty legit nowadays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

almost as legit as a intbear =P bow bears may be fun, but intbears are the funnest.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice picture.
    Hmm, but I am just wondering, wouldn't it be easier to work on a PvP balance and then adapt the changes to PvE? I mean, to be honest, what is there to PvE? Stick with the team, move forward, nuke mob, move forward, nuke mob, ... move forward, kill boss...My point is that PvP is much more dynamic than PvE, and although the original intention of this game was oriented towards PvE, the introduction of PvP has added so much more to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XRAX View Post
    Nice picture.
    Hmm, but I am just wondering, wouldn't it be easier to work on a PvP balance and then adapt the changes to PvE? I mean, to be honest, what is there to PvE? Stick with the team, move forward, nuke mob, move forward, nuke mob, ... move forward, kill boss...My point is that PvP is much more dynamic than PvE, and although the original intention of this game was oriented towards PvE, the introduction of PvP has added so much more to the game.
    If that is your view of PvE, then it is fatally flawed and there goes any credibilty you have on the subject, much like you claimed Physiologic didn't have credibility because he wasn't experienced in PvP. Timing skills with your teammates/different classes is just as strategic in PvE as certain strategies in PvP. It is just a different dynamic/arena.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Dex Elf's are not that OP. Figured out a strategy to kill them. Ask Sigkill if you don't believe me .
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Dex Elf's are not that OP. Figured out a strategy to kill them. Ask Sigkill if you don't believe me .
    As Parth said, there is a special way in which Dex elfs can easily be killed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blast repulse wait up hope for some dodges of course u wear drainer return to the target blind blast root and u win. Not hard actually still too much luck involved here.

Ah ye after repulse make use of restore lvl 6 it will prevent ur death and u can regen up a bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Goodness gracious, you boys speak so formally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

to xrax and phys:

pve and pvp can be fun. its just what u make of it. but true, pvp is way more challenge than pve. iam getting involved more and more in pvp, phys u just need to begin once to get addicted. more i pvp, more bores me pve.
    i must say that gcd is a reaso for me to begin pvp. before i coudnt kill noone, birds killed me (my bird) in 0.01sec.. how can i practice something in that way?? saying "your to slow" didnt help me much... now when i die, at least i know what i did wrong and i begin to understand a bit.. but it really requires a lot practice.
    problem of gcd is just we dont are practiced yet in the right timing. thats why most speak about lottery right?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is dex mage dual spec with dex and int?
    IGN: fizzzzpop lv 55 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by F1zzzzp0p View Post
    Is dex mage dual spec with dex and int?
    The most ideal one, yes.

Like any other hybrid, a Bow Bear is best on a str/dex mix and not pure dex, a Warbird is best on a str/dex mix and not pure str, a Dexchantress is best on a dex/int mix and not pure dex. Notice how each of the hybrids still keep their primary stat as the other half of the build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think dex int dual spec with sewer ling set is better than raid
    IGN: fizzzzpop lv 55 mage