Thread: Please adjust hauntlet angle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default Please adjust hauntlet angle

Please adjust the angle of the hauntlet map, navigating it is really annoying, pressing w and d together on pc doesn't make you run straight, it makes you go slightly to the right. Every other map has its angle adjusted so when u press and hold 2 keys you don't have to repeatedly release one key in order to go straight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Heres a solution, use mobile. Arcane legends was first meant to be a mobile game.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Heres a solution, use mobile. Arcane legends was first meant to be a mobile game.
    that is not a solution, that is a workaround.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

use W only it makes you straight if you are rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Im playing on pc also and dispacement angle is sometime disapoiting on some map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Like Oursize said, mobile's fine, or just use a joystick and plug it into your pc..

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Like Oursize said, mobile's fine, or just use a joystick and plug it into your pc..
    well, whats the point of playing on PC then when youre gonna use a joystick, and yes using a joystick on PC is just a workaround of not using the WASD or arrow keys for movements. Kraag, hauntlet, kraag tombs (very little) needs some tuning on the angle for PC. I agree with raven, im a PC user as well, and i 90% use PC to play AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

AL is intended to be a fully compatible, all platform game. I do not see why this thread needs to turn into mobile versus PC war. I play on both and I'd love to enjoy having an equal playing experience on either.

This is also a big reason why I do not participate in Gauntlet style events. If I am running LB, I will typically be doing it from PC to be saving myself stress on my joints and for endurance reasons. However, if the map is poorly designed for PC, I am not going to stress myself by running on iPhone 6 Plus. Rather, I'd stop running the event entirely.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

The point is that many maps were designed for mobile in the first place, and sts more than likely wont adjust the angle so that pc users have an advantage more than they do already. They have enough things to worry about with the broken parts in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

The point is that many maps were designed for mobile in the first place, and sts more than likely wont adjust the angle so that pc users have an advantage more than they do already. They have enough things to worry about with the broken parts in the game.
    Just curious. What is the advantage of PC users, except the easier potion spam?

And btw laptops are cheaper than mobile phones these days and desktops are a notch cheaper than laptops

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Just curious. What is the advantage of PC users, except the easier potion spam?

And btw laptops are cheaper than mobile phones these days and desktops are a notch cheaper than laptops
    Its easier for pc users to switch loadouts, spam skills, macros, switch pets,etc. Also not everyone has computers. Theres more people that own mobile than computer. Now lets not forget if a pc users dcs during timed run, they can just refresh the page and be back in where mobile users cant enter again. Pc users have larger screen too making some things easier to see, also better graphics depending on internet speed/ping etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    AL is intended to be a fully compatible, all platform game. I do not see why this thread needs to turn into mobile versus PC war. I play on both and I'd love to enjoy having an equal playing experience on either.

This is also a big reason why I do not participate in Gauntlet style events. If I am running LB, I will typically be doing it from PC to be saving myself stress on my joints and for endurance reasons. However, if the map is poorly designed for PC, I am not going to stress myself by running on iPhone 6 Plus. Rather, I'd stop running the event entirely.
    Weak sauce lol. I do everything on iPhone 6. Never again will I play with you while on your phone haha you're so USELESS.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

This might just be an overlook by sts, i don't have this problem on any of the maps i frequently run. It didn't bother me until the gloom pet was introduced i didn't run hauntlet at all.

If they could rotate the map by a few degreees i would really appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

It is a lot work you asking for. The graphics are finished only from one direction, they need to remake the whole map, idk if it's worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Please adjust the angle of the hauntlet map, navigating it is really annoying, pressing w and d together on pc doesn't make you run straight, it makes you go slightly to the right. Every other map has its angle adjusted so when u press and hold 2 keys you don't have to repeatedly release one key in order to go straight.
    Me too have this problem. This is pc/laptop player problem... gale and pierce cannot go straight also.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    This might just be an overlook by sts, i don't have this problem on any of the maps i frequently run. It didn't bother me until the gloom pet was introduced i didn't run hauntlet at all.

If they could rotate the map by a few degreees i would really appreciate it.
    i dont about you, but this issue has been around ever since the hauntlet was under upgrading. Once the upgrade was made, i started to have this issue....i mean yeah since the introduction of the gauntlet, this angle tilt has been around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Its easier for pc users to switch loadouts, spam skills, macros, switch pets,etc. Also not everyone has computers. Theres more people that own mobile than computer. Now lets not forget if a pc users dcs during timed run, they can just refresh the page and be back in where mobile users cant enter again. Pc users have larger screen too making some things easier to see, also better graphics depending on internet speed/ping etc.
    just to add on a few myth breakings.

refreshing the page makes the game load from 0%-100% again, turning off wifi or creating another page only helps.

macros are a bannable offense

mobile users can turn off wifi then second they have DCd and can come back, works on my S5 and S6E

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    just to add on a few myth breakings.

refreshing the page makes the game load from 0%-100% again, turning off wifi or creating another page only helps.

macros are a bannable offense

mobile users can turn off wifi then second they have DCd and can come back, works on my S5 and S6E
    So how is it many pc users manage to come back into the map after refresh?

Sts dont care if you use a macro anyways, they havent even banned many macro users to my knowledge.
    Not everyone uses wifi on mobile phones,we have something called mobile data now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

So how is it many pc users manage to come back into the map after refresh?

Sts dont care if you use a macro anyways, they havent even banned many macro users to my knowledge.
    Not everyone uses wifi on mobile phones,we have something called mobile data now.
    i know what a mobile data is, switching between mobile data and wifi can bring you back into the same zone, unless youve evej cared to try it. On PCs, if u were to close the game with someone sending you a PM, the PMs remain even if u restart your PC. The browser keeps all the data so if you were to DC, turn off wifi before you see the login button and activate the wifi again. The browser stores where you had come from, so if i were to DC in Planar tombs 2, i will sent into the same T2 zone where i was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    i know what a mobile data is, switching between mobile data and wifi can bring you back into the same zone, unless youve evej cared to try it. On PCs, if u were to close the game with someone sending you a PM, the PMs remain even if u restart your PC. The browser keeps all the data so if you were to DC, turn off wifi before you see the login button and activate the wifi again. The browser stores where you had come from, so if i were to DC in Planar tombs 2, i will sent into the same T2 zone where i was.
    Ive never bothered to try it as i dont have wifi at my home. Why press something i have no need for?