Thread: Mage freeze (make mage more researched in tomb)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Mage freeze (make mage more researched in tomb)

I would see back freeze on boss for mage , yeah i know it was a bug and it will never come back

but those bug made mage more usefull and researched in planar tomb , so for mage freeze i dont want get those bug

wich was totality freezing boss for 7 sec but the freeze for 1.5s-2 sec and the CD of frost bolt go to 4-5 sec so no permanent freeze

that freeze was giving at mage a control role on boss and could make mage more enjoyabe and less forgotten for map like planar tombs

Sorry for the bad english .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralrigs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I agree, it was bug, but I finally feel that my mage is again wanted to parties...
    And to be honest, it was long time ago, when ppl was searching mages for pt on purpose, not only that they want 4 ppl and cant find another rogue...:-)
    It was nice to see on gchat "need mage for pt"...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

There is a lesson to learn from this, though its something we already know. See how sts is so quick to fix something that makes them lose money? They couldnt care any less about players or economy. The trashed economy forces players to buy plat. But all in all, it would have to be a miracle for this bug to come back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Clearly look not bad to get back reworked frostbolt skill with freeze boss and different CD ,
    that would make more mage back in tomb pt and make them more usefull with that control .

Ssunix,Snxone,Snxwarrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    There is a lesson to learn from this, though its something we already know. See how sts is so quick to fix something that makes them lose money? They couldnt care any less about players or economy. The trashed economy forces players to buy plat. But all in all, it would have to be a miracle for this bug to come back.
    the thread isnt about money loose or even mmo economy or even make back the bug lol ... but more for the game-play ,for me that bug have pointed out if mage was having those control on boss with the good CD it would made them so much better and vary party in tomb , as people know tomb is mostly rogue and this could add more mage in pt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ralrigs View Post
    I would see back freeze on boss for mage , yeah i know it was a bug and it will never come back :apologetic:

but those bug made mage more usefull and researched in planar tomb , so for mage freeze i dont want get those bug

wich was totality freezing boss for 7 sec but the freeze for 1.5s-2 sec and the CD of frost bolt go to 4-5 sec so no permanent freeze

that freeze was giving at mage a control role on boss and could make mage more enjoyabe and less forgotten for map like planar tombs

Sorry for the bad english .
    Mages don't need to be able to freeze the boss to control him. Clock works very well against Taurus. Try it. I prefer running tombs with a mage. Heck, I don't mind running with two. (Two rogues and two mages = no deaths.)

Warriors have lost their place, however. They have my sympathy. Maybe if they could hold aggro at least, they'd be ok. At this point, though, they make the runs slower and more dangerous.

Then again, I would take a good warrior over a bad rogue or mage any day.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 06-08-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Its a major bug and took like 1 week to fix.. -.-

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    Its a major bug and took like 1 week to fix.. -.-
    It actually took about two weeks to fix. It happened with the first Goblin event update. Most people didn't notice it right away. I was very confused when my friend was doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Mages don't need to be able to freeze the boss to control him. Clock works very well against Taurus. Try it. I prefer running tombs with a mage. Heck, I don't mind running with two. (Two rogues and two mages = no deaths.)

Warriors have lost their place, however. They have my sympathy. Maybe if they could hold aggro at least, they'd be ok. At this point, though, they make the runs slower and more dangerous.

Then again, I would take a good warrior over a bad rogue or mage any day.
    clock control on boss in tomb clearly not working better that the freeze bug ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

clock control on boss in tomb clearly not working better that the freeze bug ...
    The freeze bug made Taurus a joke. There was no challenge at all. Clock makes Taurus manageable. If you don't know how to clock Taurus effectively, I suggest you have another mage show you.

I found the safest way to kill the boss is to have one person (rogue or mage) control the vines, have a mage keep the boss clocked, and have two rogues pound away (with one stunning if necessary). It's really quite manageable if everyone knows what they're doing. I can show you if you want help. If you say you've tried this method and you're still struggling, I don't know what to tell you except you're doing it wrong or you have an inexperienced or uncoordinated (or laggy) party.

You'll notice this method has no warrior present. That's the real issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    The freeze bug made Taurus a joke. There was no challenge at all. Clock makes Taurus manageable. If you don't know how to clock Taurus effectively, I suggest you have another mage show you.

I found the safest way to kill the boss is to have one person (rogue or mage) control the vines, have a mage keep the boss clocked, and have two rogues pound away (with one stunning if necessary). It's really quite manageable if everyone knows what they're doing. I can show you if you want help. If you say you've tried this method and you're still struggling, I don't know what to tell you except you're doing it wrong or you have an inexperienced or uncoordinated (or laggy) party.

You'll notice this method has no warrior present. That's the real issue.
    no way to talk with you ... you just want to stay in your rogue world , play all rogue and all will be good ...and i dnt know why you are complaining you are Not Even play mage ...
    i have all class mage , rogue and war , entry are 90% rogue
    and i know to play tomb problem isnt here
    i just mean to get more mage enter tomb frostolt skill shoud be remake with the stunt
    Why ? because if you go tomb right now
    Mage pretty useless compare to a rogue
    War Much useless compare to both
    Rogue 3 min spot -> enter
    mage xx min ~> enter
    War xx min -/> enter

myself if i go tomb i go rogue , but im also enjoy play mage so i try to suggestion to make
    mage better because i feel borring to see only rogue party in planar tomb ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

no way to talk with you ... you just want to stay in your rogue world , play all rogue and all will be good ...and i dnt know why you are complaining you are Not Even play mage ...
    i have all class mage , rogue and war , entry are 90% rogue
    and i know to play tomb problem isnt here
    i just mean to get more mage enter tomb frostolt skill shoud be remake with the stunt
    Why ? because if you go tomb right now
    Mage pretty useless compare to a rogue
    War Much useless compare to both
    Rogue 3 min spot -> enter
    mage xx min ~> enter
    War xx min -/> enter

myself if i go tomb i go rogue , but im also enjoy play mage so i try to suggestion to make
    mage better because i feel borring to see only rogue party in planar tomb ...
    I'm not complaining. I'm telling you that mages are very useful and I prefer to have at least one, if not two, in the party. Warriors are not. I have three players I run with all the time. Two of them are mages. Do the math.

If you don't want to try the method I explained to you before, that's your loss. I'm trying to help you out. I even offered to show you. The offer is still good

Not trying to be hostile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I don't belive it was a bug , what was the point giving Mage frost skill than making the boss immune to it?
    Take back frost immune skill from boss , somuch fun running with random ppl and guildy now its dead only see few ppl .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

this is what happens if sts let a bug stays too long. I have a warrior, I have mage also. I have google gears, good stat, Buy Im not skilled enough to enter any planar content (except arena). My warrior can handle anything in tombs, but neither my mage. Dont complain about this, I cant see the price of planar items running down, it would be hardest content on AL. Planar tombs are made not for fainthearted.

sent by a nab using tapasucks
    R E T I R E D