Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post-Global Cooldown (GCD) Video Runs at Balefort Sewers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Knazen View Post
    Gcd still sucks I run them maps fast to doesn't mean for me to like Gcd I will prolly quit wish u best of luck for all players who decided to stay bye all // hmmhmm
    :/
    I completely understand your frustration, but give the devs time. You never know, they might even remove it for PVP hmmhmm.
    Last edited by XRAX; 04-16-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    @Corpser - If we were a group of level 50s, we would be running slower even if GCD didn't exist.
    my point exacly nearly all partys have a lvl 54 and under its rare to get a full group of lvl 55-56
    and if u are lower you normally get booted anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Gcd still sucks I run them maps fast to doesn't mean for me to like Gcd I will prolly quit wish u best of luck for all players who decided to stay bye all // hmmhmm
    Seeya

And phys, nice videos! Saved me the trouble of finding a coke can

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    The fact that you can manage by being the lone mage is proof enough that you are not a noob.

Cmon, Ech, neko and yourself noobs? That must be the highest noob standard, ever!
    well, most people runs with me know i noob and make other people noob with me
    the only reason I am alive, is because you guys already killed mobs for me
    the only reason you are alive, it's because you guys health potion yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    third they were pros
    fourth try it with a group of lvl 50s hen ill believe this.
    well, 2 of them were pro, the other 2, they are associated with me so you get the idea

this proves that, 1, or 2 people, as long as they play great games, can lift and help the whole party.

Regardless of race/class, ONE can make a difference and the whole party can be strong and effective. Jedi/speedy bear runs to setup mob for group kill, mage debuff/heal/lighting/combo, bird thron / self combo.

It's still the basics, GCD or not GCD, the order, effective skill usage does not change.

I dont know for sure, but I feel mob/boss level associates with the party level too. Because when at low lv50s, I still cleared under 5 mins with party. When my bear is 49/50 I will give it a try.

We did some runs a while back in AO2, Cyber, Mystery gears as well. Perhaps it's time to dust off those set and do alien vs bandit style
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

@mits
    You're a pro in my book

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I both love and hate GCD.

I love how it makes me so much better at pvp, because I'm not the best at skill-spamming. However, I can strategically order skills better, and I'm up to par now with some of the best archers.

But I hate how it seems that the gcd brought a whole slew of ping spikes. My connection is literally the worst it's ever been. And I'm playing off a good wifi-router. I thought the gcd was supposed to reduce lag :-/
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Still unsure about GCD?

With great teamwork, you can still clear maps as fast as you have prior to GCD. This video reflects the most recent changes regarding GCD, which is decreasing GCD time to about ~0.25 seconds.

There is also evidence that skill damage has increased, as well as time-to-complete certain combos. For instance, an archer's Cruel Blast combo needed Shattering Scream and Blast Shot to connect within 2 seconds prior to GCD. Now, the connect time has increased to roughly 5 seconds to complete the combo. All this combined with a shortened cooldown from 0.5 seconds to ~0.25 seconds, and your party can go through maps as fast as before.

Here are the run times of each Balefort Sewers map. A run time begins at first enemy contact and ends at boss death. No elixirs were used in any run. We could've done better...

The party:
    Mitsuimoon 56 mage
    Echelongx 55 archer
    Ellyidol 56 dex bear
    Urrsus 55 dex bear
    Physiologic 56 archer

Post-GCD Bandit Hideout run: Finished in 3 mins, 56 secs

Post-GCD Bandit Stronghold run: Finished in 4 mins, 21 secs

Post-GCD Catacombs run: Finished in 3 mins, 24 secs

Post-GCD Roach Motel run: Finished in 2 mins, 49 secs

Post-GCD Swill Pitz run: Finished in 2 mins, 16 secs

Total time to complete all BS maps: 16 minutes, 46 seconds

this is not how fast it goes on my android device!!
    i dont know what is happening, but what i see here is completely different from what is see if im playing the gcd is twice as quik in this movie.

i get the same result on my desire and archos 101 and its not what i see here?????
    whats going on, i understand people are ok with this but this is not what i get.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Before did hideout 3min 07sec with Cyroblade. But how come not now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    The fact that you can manage by being the lone mage is proof enough that you are not a noob.

Cmon, Ech, neko and yourself noobs? That must be the highest noob standard, ever!
    Thanks Elly, I like that highest noob standard. Should be our motto from now on. Those where really fun runs and we proved that even with two bears or getting killed runs can be under 5 minutes and even having us in the party. Also been a Mage with 14 m/s or a bird with 6m/s is not an issue now. This means that the enchanted set should be really good.

GCD makes the game much more interesting and it does add some strategy at first I didn't want it but after some time I adjusted and now I really like it now. I for now want to pvp because it's not who can spam the fastest skills or multi-tap them.

Players just need to adjust a bit and as you can see this was Mits first playing his Mage with Gcd and he adjusted fast.

PS: Mits thank you for this kind words lol
    Last edited by Echelong; 04-16-2011 at 06:57 AM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow.. Invite me to some of these games ;-)
    Hello peeps

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

@cynic - The GCD is supposed to be that speed. If it isn't, something's really strange on your device. If you are able to record a vid and upload it on youtube you can show it to the devs so they can fix it (email support[at]spacetimestudios.com).

Here's a vid on aggroing the Queen. I have a strong suspicion that the Queen's healing interval has been increased, meaning she heals less. In addition, all the minibosses (Ooze, Drusila Badelf, Blanky, etc.) at the Sewers may have been nerfed either in armor or health, because they go down a lot quicker now than pre-GCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

@Physiologic i will do my best for the video!
    I guess ur device is a iphone?
    i see its a samsung now. so a android device is used on the video
    i play with my archos 101 most of the time, could it have something to do with the screen size?

btw i see that not all of the skills are activated when touching
    counted them and over 8 times the skill doesnt activate when pressed!!! watch closely and count
    Last edited by cynic; 04-17-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

dont quit plz!! :/
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice videos.

This matches with my experiences. Timings are now basically pre-GCD. For one, we've gotten used to a slight delay between presses. This is nice; it's not about having the fastest trigger finger in town to go the fastest. For two, there has been a lot of rebalancing going on lately, largely to make various areas easier or simply faster.

After all these changes, I usually feel like I can race through areas much like I did before, especially when a full 5-way party all clicks together and combos are being hit left and right. I had some really great runs with both my 20-somethings and 50-something last night. (I even got a couple of non-boss pink drops in Balefort castle bonus areas -- was quite surprised as I thought they only came from bosses.)

This is all proof that STS folks are listening and responding.
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Agreed, byrdie, but there is no pleasing some people and they will continue to holler and scream blue murder that GCD has stolen their firstborn, drank the last beer, took the last slice of pizza, took their girlfriend/boyfriend, AND did unspeakable things to their dog.

GCD is still apparently glitchy for some users on some devices, which needs to be fixed if the devs can recreate the problem, but it is not the end of the world as some make it out to be. Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of it either compared to the way it was, but if this is the way it has to be, fine. My times on levels are pre-GCD because I have, like you, bothered to learn it instead of complain incessantly on an anonymous forum.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-19-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Agreed Moog. I'm still having a little adjustment with mage (sometimes I need to hit heal faster than cool-down lets me), but so what? If people are gonna quit, I say bye. Life is about adjustments. This is a LOT better than how GCD was when it first came out. I've also noticed that there are LOTS of new players from what I can see, so keep up the good work! You can get the same times as before with a little work
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I was skeptical at first too about PvE experience post-GCD, but all the other things implemented to balance out GCD helped a bunch to maintain the same run-times as before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

To be honest, I was happy with gcd as it was, as soon when somebody in a private game said we weren't doing the death train but the EXPRESS death train. I couldn't agree more with him at that moment, since we moved forward non-stop killing everything around us

U rok, thanks!