Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide: How to earn gold. Endgame!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Guide: How to earn gold. Endgame!!

OK. So I've been lurking on the forums lately and seen some guides about how to make gold etc etc, and so I thought why don't I give it a try for endgame with an up to date version kinda thing. Basically just explaining the ways to farm/earn gold via endgame activities. It's my first guide so it might not be awesome but Imma give it a shot If I miss anything just tell me and I'll add it in. I'm also happy to recive construction criticism and your opinions! Thanks.

1) One way to earn gold is to do the bard quest. The quest it's self doesn't give much gold, but you receive 10 story tokens. To the richer players the rewards don't seem a lot but to your average player it is worth it. Recently introduced are the pet egg crates which were previously only available during sales, but now they available for 250 tokens. They sell for 25k-30k++ each. So 25 days = 30k (on average) for 2-3 minutes of your time. Just a bit of extra gold on the side but it all adds up, especially on double token events!

2) The next way is the hauntlet. This is good if your levelling from 40-41 or just bored at level 41. One token per run does mean a lot of runs, but they are quick runs lol... New pets Gloom and Violet are available at the Token Vendor in Kraag by the hauntlet portal now! Gloom is 935 tokens, it seems a lot but of you farm on double tokens and normal tokens, you will hav the egg in a whileee! Violet, the spider is up for grabs for 550 tokens, same as gloom, double tokens means less time but quite a good profit. Prices average around 300k for gloom and 150k for violet as of 11/6/15.

3) Ordinary elites such as elite brack or elite rooks nest are fairly good if your new to endgame. Eggs like malison, Loki, Kettle, Wrathjaw, snaggletooth can all be looted from elites. So grab your leps, luck elixirs and get farming!
    Elites such as Tindirin and Shuyal are also good because they are fairly easy and chance of dropping chests that are worth a bit of money. (Not tested personally)

4) Planar Arena. Basic method but as it is classed as an elite the difficulty Is great and I would suggest you have a party of 3-4 people to minimise deaths/ankh usage and to maximise easiness and timings. The drops rates are extremely low for profitable things so if your just building your funds then steer clear of the arena IMO. The most famous way of earning is looting the elusive planar pendant recipe. It drops after you have killed the 4th boss. Prices range from 1.3m-2m. An arena masters chest will drop after every run, in this you have a chance to loot an arcane fossil, planar armous and helms and reinforced gems. Fossil is worth a tonne I don't know exact pricing so I'm gonna say 25-30m. Planar armours are worth 500-2000 gold depending on the type (grace, will, brut, assault, pot and so on). Reinforced gems vary from 10k up to 30k.

5) Possibly the most famous method of earning DEFINITE gold is the planar tombs. The basic principle is kill the bosses which drop fragments, collect these planar fragments and exchange them for items. There are three tombs, tomb 1 boss drops one fragment and tombs 2 and 3 bosses drop two fragments. On a separate note which links into the arena, planar essences drop from mobs, bosses and sometimes arena bosses. Once you complete all three tombs you will receive a recipe for crafting planar fragments. 15 planar essences = 1 fragment. You can either open this and gain another fragment or as they are tradable you can sell them for 5-15k each. Daily quests are a good way to get fragments, a daily quest of killing 3 bosses rewards you with 10 essences (almost enough for a fragment)

Ok now when you collect enough fragments you can trade them in for items, as I said earlier. These items differentiate in value and usefulness to some players. So these are the items available to buy for planar fragments at the tombs vendor;
    -Imbued Recipes. These vary for each class but there's generally 4 types of recipe for helm and armour. Helm recipes cost 40 fragments and armour recipes cost 60 fragments. They are used to upgrade dark crystal items to better imbued versions. Generally sell for around 200-300k but not a sure sale.
    -Elite Planar Tombs chest. They drop epic items and have a chance to drop dark crystal times as well. Costs 40 fragments pricing around 150k-180k depending on the current market, sells fairly fast. IMO it's a good deal!
    -Planarite Ingot. Crafting ingredient for imbued items, costs 100 planar fragments and sells for 400k-500k++
    -Breeze egg; fairly good pet looks quite cool, passive has a chance to freeze mobs, AA- medium AOE, produces ice hole/pool causing the enemies to freeze and take damage. Cost is 125 fragments with it selling for 500-600k on the current market.

6) Now, dragkin teeth. These work the same as planar fragments except the maps are easier and they are based on luck and drop rates. All tindirin bosses have a chance to drop a tooth, including elites. The vendor is as follows:
    -Golden Dragonscale chest, can also drop from normal map bosses. Costs 15 teeth and sells for 1-2k each
    -Elite Golden Dragonscale chest, yet again, these can drop from elite map bosses or are available for 40 teeth and sell for 50k-60k per chest.
    -Dragon weapons. Level 40 will set you back 85 teeth, level 41 will cost you 125 teeth! Prices of course can range from 100k up to 400k, depending on the wep, lvl and gems.
    -Magma set. Armour and helm both level 41, helm costs 100 teeth and the armour costs 125 teeth. Again, prices do vary depending on gems, generally ranging from 30k-300k.
    -Snappy's egg. Cute little turtle pet, AA gives you cool shield lol...costs you 125 teeth though but sells for 200k++
    -Dragonite Bar (ofc lol) Used to craft planar pendant and arcane ring. Costs 150 teeth with the normal price around 700k but with the huge drop in pendant recipe prices, the demand for drag bars have gone up- supply and demand! High demand, low supply means people can change a fortune for them. Prices now are around 1.4-1.8m.

7) Last, but not least merching. The basic idea of merching is to buy items at a low price and sell them for a higher price than what you originally bought them for. Usually less fortuned candidates will merch cheaper items such as pink eggs, vanities and stuff like that, but as you get richer and gain more funds you can move into things like mythic eggs, more expensive vanities, gems such as eyes and so on. Eventually you will be able to merch with arcane eggs, myth/arcane weapons and much much more! Try to sell your items in towns, especially if your selling items worth 100k+ as the listing costs for the AH increase and will be biting into your overall earnings, maybe even your profit!
    Be careful when merching tho, sometimes you can lose gold and the money you have worked hard for by farming!

That is everything I think! If you have any feedback, suggestions, anything I missed or just want to chat then feel free to post a comment, PM me here or in game @ Justno.
    I hope you enjoyed my guide, I hope it's not too long...I just made it detailed lmao

Thanks Avikk for providing info on elites! Much appreciated

Thanks for reading and good luck!!
    Last edited by Justno; 06-14-2015 at 04:14 AM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Justno For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Hauntlet is actually a good place to grind now. There aren't many people doing Elites, Arena and Tombs since everyone got bored and took a pause from the game...
    Merch...sometimes we end up losing money than actually earn, imagine this: You did all dailies farmed eggs and locked and you have a solid amount and you decide to merch, next thing you notice if your gold all gone. I'm not very good at Merch tbh I merch legendarily and mythic but honestly I can't seem to have much profit.
    Last edited by Magegrimm; 06-11-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magegrimm View Post
    Hauntlet is actually a good place to grind now. There aren't many people doing Elites, Arena and Tombs since everyone got bored and took a pause from the game...
    Merch...sometimes we end up losing money than actually earn, imagine this: You did all dailies farmed eggs and locked and you have a solid amount and you decide to merch, next thing you notice if your gold all gone. I'm not very good at Merch tbh I merch legendarily and mythic but honestly I can't seem to have much profit.
    Thanks for feedback! It's appreciated. I have gone ahead and incorporated this into the guide

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Justno For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

good suggestions! I like how all of them actually require work except for the merching point XD When the economy is at a standstill because of junk pink elite gears, any way to make gold using effort is good!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I like the suggestions thanxs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    good suggestions! I like how all of them actually require work except for the merching point XD When the economy is at a standstill because of junk pink elite gears, any way to make gold using effort is good!
    yeh I like to work for gold

Quote Originally Posted by tonyyyyy View Post
    I like the suggestions thanxs
    Thanks for the feedback! I hope it helped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Good luck to all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

nice guide ty. i ran my a** off over double hauntlet week and got two violets so i think hauntlet is a good thing to farm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uzibearide View Post
    nice guide ty. i ran my a** off over double hauntlet week and got two violets so i think hauntlet is a good thing to farm.
    Thanks!
    Nice! Good job on double violet :P Wew that wud hav been tough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Wow, so gud

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

Nice guide!

But if the average hauntlet run is 2m, and +2 tokens per run, then that makes it 1 token/minute.

935 tokens would take 15.58 hours of running the hauntlet to acheive, so its not too quick xD

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Nice guide..
    But i disagree for tombs, look into my calculation thread, imo the most efficient and effective place for make a gold for the moment is : Elite wilds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    Wow, so gud
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Nice guide!

But if the average hauntlet run is 2m, and +2 tokens per run, then that makes it 1 token/minute.

935 tokens would take 15.58 hours of running the hauntlet to acheive, so its not too quick xD
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to tweak a few words in at section tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    Nice guide..
    But i disagree for tombs, look into my calculation thread, imo the most efficient and effective place for make a gold for the moment is : Elite wilds
    Thanks for your response, I'll add a few extra sentences about how wilds is more efficient. Thanks for the help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Some people like doing elite blood Hammer on that ship too. It's fast and has chance to drop a 10–14k golden pirate chest!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Some people like doing elite blood Hammer on that ship too. It's fast and has chance to drop a 10–14k golden pirate chest!
    Thanks for the feedback! I would like to edit my post, but it's bugged and keeps coming up with the "11 characters" message :/
    I'll add that in as soon as it's fixed. Thanks again!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Love it very good guide, by far the best ive seen so far, got between 3-5 mio in stash but this guide has still taught me one or two new things
    Last edited by Oezheasate; 06-14-2015 at 10:33 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    Love it very good guide, by far the best ive seen so far, got between 3-5 mio in stash but this guide has still taugth me one or two new things
    Thanks! much appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    20k EGP, sold one yesterday...

Stalking this thread now...

@OP

I don't know how anyone with mid tier gear can farm tombs... Profit is minimal and risk is high.

Try elite caves or jagged trail... 0 ankhs if party is organised. Elite nordr and shuyal has a better yield for chests..(3rd nordr and 2nd shuyal).

3rd nordr boss is easy as pie

2nd shuyal boss u revive right next to boss

#oldschoolfarms

Sure most end gamers know about these spots..

Check CS pinks from tindirin sell more for pinks from planar..
    Probably preaching at the wrong thread
    Sure tombs is not the most profitable and I know that
    I know it's a risk but IMO, elite jagged and onwards are way harder than tombs.
    I can easily run tombs no ankhs, but elite tindirin costs me at least 2 ankhs...
    Ok shuyal maybe easier but...the organisation of parties for elite shuyal is extremely hard due to the fact that many people do not with to run elite shuyal, but many people DO wish to run tombs and shuyal is a gamble, you may, or may not get a chest but with tombs, you are definitely working towards something

Just my humble opinion...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great thread mate! This should be in guide section! :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksamrki View Post
    Great thread mate! This should be in guide section! :3