Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Upgrade to Level 41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    This is soooooooooooo true. The problem is that people are forced to level in WT/KT because the mob density is so low in actual maps so they aren't really able to grasp the class mechanics until they cap anyways. Having a pay system to power level really is not a game changer what so ever. Again, I would like to see it only available to accounts with a l41 on it as everyone should experience the joys of the game at least once.
    Yes you really should have at least one L41 first I think.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that experienced players will no longer ever PUG after this. Can you imagine Running with Level 41's and an inexperienced player tells a mage "Mana".... I personally believe this takes the fun out of the game but that is just my opinion.
    CheesyRogue Officer and Concigliere of Chivalrous Union

3. The Following User Says Thank You to johnsr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Candy and Fade you are so right it hurts!
    CheesyRogue Officer and Concigliere of Chivalrous Union

5. The Following User Says Thank You to johnsr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Instead of introducing a auto lv make dungeon harder for ALL players make elites scale to your gear so full mythic rouges can't solo it like in tindrin I can't even get a full party of pinks because all the do is complain about it being to hard and that they are undergeared but the maps are easy all people did in the beta test was merch like they always do and become geared and act like a top player not run the maps like they was supposed to do there excuse was that it's too hard and it's boring being undergeared but I'm full pink and the maps where easy the only problem I hard was last boss and I liked it being hard but the only thing hard about it was reflection

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I appreciate this STS, but isn't the 2x exp weekend useless after this announcement? Also, levelling up is part of the experience of the game and bow we learn to play. If people can automatically level up go 41, they will reach the level cap with no clue how to play. The levelling process is bow we learn the tips and tricks of the game and how we make friends. This takes away from the overall experience of playing the game.
    Yes , I agree completely .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twinisland View Post
    Instead of introducing a auto lv make dungeon harder for ALL players make elites scale to your gear so full mythic rouges can't solo it like in tindrin I can't even get a full party of pinks because all the do is complain about it being to hard and that they are undergeared but the maps are easy all people did in the beta test was merch like they always do and become geared and act like a top player not run the maps like they was supposed to do there excuse was that it's too hard and it's boring being undergeared but I'm full pink and the maps where easy the only problem I hard was last boss and I liked it being hard but the only thing hard about it was reflection

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    Scaling to gear is a horrible idea. Please do not implement this. It would make getting better gear pointless. This has been discussed at length before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

while i am really not a fan of this plat-leveling (and fully support candy and fade) i don t think it will have much impact on guilds. we already have tons of leechers and tourists everywhere. every self respecting pve guild already has a door policy to deal with that, and plat leveling does not give you aps you can control on first sight.
    for pugs on the other hand it s horrible (but thats nothing new for pugs too...)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

omfg!!
    personally, i didnt agree with this think. we have attempted to leveling our toons to the highest levels from season to season. and its not easy to leveling up !!
    in other side.. if this announcement thread was Final. i think better make it allowed us to chose what levels we wanna upgrade from 2-41.
    for ex : i want to play level 36 pvp. then buy the kit , open it & chose levels.
    PS : make it cost with 250 plats.

-CMFT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I completely agree with this :-) it's a really great option for your alts that take you 2 long to lvl up. Nice option ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wooooow we will see new gears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

[QUOTE=mark_02_neil;2186560]we know you need to earn but dont let players to be lazy[/QUOTe

I cant say I know what Gamers real life obligations and responsibilities are but lots have jobs and kids more than one toons like myself I have to be exact three lvl 41 and one lvl 10 I've been there dont that on those maps this option could be benificial to me and others with similar real life responaibilities which only allow little time to be online.
    Remi all possible options is good I would also like the option to cap pets super beast speed...l want it soooooo fast that just thinking about caping a pet BOOM!!!! already done )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Its important that new players keep the game installed and continue to log in and play.

I think that unfortunately, the percentage of brand new players who start playing only to get bored when they reach level 20 and quit is probably, unfortunately, quite high.

This option gives sts a chance to keep the players who are most likely to turn into paying customers. Making it only available to people with toons already would defeat the Entire Point...

Also - the boost only Takes them to 41.... the players will still have to level 41 through 46 which will be more than enough time to learn the ropes of gameplay.

I imagine very few people currently join at level 1 and then slowly level through the game to 41 making equally as new friends along the way and forming skills friendship and memories. That's what happens what you level to 41 in 5 level increments over the course of 3 years, stopping along the way to play various sets of elite bosses. Its not what happens when you join and the cap is already 46 and you just have to grind all the way there in tombs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Cheap shot
    Too bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yawn***stretch***rubs eyes...what's this? A way to play new content without slogging thru the mines? This might be worth playing again after 6 months. But no, it's still the same tired game mechanics and warriors are still second class citizens...this groundhog is going back onto hibernation.*******snore****

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SamTheDog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I appreciate this STS, but isn't the 2x exp weekend useless after this announcement? Also, levelling up is part of the experience of the game and bow we learn to play. If people can automatically level up go 41, they will reach the level cap with no clue how to play. The levelling process is bow we learn the tips and tricks of the game and how we make friends. This takes away from the overall experience of playing the game.
    Maybe it will be altered for players who have been playing AL for a specific amount of time or already have a level 40 character? Besides, it's not like new players will immediately have enough platinum to do this anyway.
    Mmm, I would love to get in a heated debate about this but I'm too lazy xD
    I kind of agree with you and your outline issues but you understand that it's level 41 they're going to and that there probably will be a new level cap as well coming out eventually but it's level 41 that they've been given to so they aren't desperately out of level for the dungeons.
    Also might I add what about the twinks? They might decide that they want a twinking char to level 41 to be their main or another other play for that fact who wants to get another toon to a reasonable level without worthless grinding of XP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

totally disagree with this. I hope sts will reverse this process and be considerable. to whom thinks this process is a bad idea. im with you. sorry but, its totally unfair, double ep is enough for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Most players grind boring watchers tomb to level up (some might not) and this insta-leveling up is a good idea. It is welcoming for new players and encourages players to try endgame. Hope it stays 1 plat. This should be implemented without any changes. If this update makes us see horrendous builds on lvl 41 players, we will also see more 41 players and we can always teach the new what we know and share our builds or direct them here to the forums for tutorials and guides. I dont see why anyone should have a problem with this except that "we leveled up after a lot of grinding, so should you" attitude.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 06-16-2015 at 06:36 AM.

mesalin

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    1. Allow auto leveling after completing some quests. Let's not forget RPG =quests and stuff

2. Keep the price for auto level high enough for the plat user to think twice before using the plat. Otherwise he's going to have 6 max level characters.

3. Add something worth doing when leveling up. Quests in tombs, maps with something rare like a planar recipe drop(not as OP but worth enough to be 500k-1m in auc). Dragkin teeth in tindirin is nice but we all know what happens when life is a boring grind to collect 150 items for 1 item. Jez jez people use macros. Macros r ugly for the game economy(I despice them. Sorry to all macro users, nothing against you. Just my personal opinion how you aren't enjoying the game if you are resorting to macros).

4. Instead of giving gold payouts for leveling up, add payouts for completing quests. Or just increase the amount in some of the quests. 250g seriously? Tell me what you can buy with that? Oo right a splintered stick.

5. Dont listen to the auto level haters, not everyone wants to grind something that adds no fun to gameplay and has nothing to teach after your 10th run
    +1 n more to this!

I'm so fresh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey thats cool but we can up to lvl 41 with 1 plat in the next evolv of the game

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

AWESOME STG!! You just gave all of the Warriors in game an easier way to dump their current/useless chars and pick up a DPS toon!! Bye bye Wars! :P