Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Test Server pics, feedback, info, deduction, theories..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Thanks for the screen shots Rav. Here are some theories of mine....

1) Regarding the new mythics, it seems STS has done good here... I'm sure you have all noticed, PvP at end game has reached a point where whoever hits first gets the kill half of the time. That's why many of us now do twink pvp, because at least the fights last long enough to require some strategy. The solution to fix this issue at end game is to release new gear with a nice increase in armor without much (or perhaps any at all) increase in damage. If those stats are the final ones, then it appears we will be seeing large increase in armor, but actually a small decrease in damage compared to Imbued. I have to say that I like this. It will force most players to upgrade if they want to be able to survive, and should help to fix PvP. Currently as a sorcerer at level 10, armor is about 3 times as much as damage for most players. At end game, a sorcerer typically has less than 2 times as much armor as damage. This issue needed to be addressed. And for anyone who loves the quick fast paced PvP, maybe 41 with its high damage and para gems will become a popular twink pvp level in the future.

2) It makes sense that they would use these tokens instead of the gold payouts. And believe it or not, this will actually help the non-plat players. Here is why.....

Prior to locked crates being added to the game (seasons 1 & 2), all legendary items had decent value. Then when locked crates were originally added, too many cheap crate legendary items hit the market, and the result was that all legendary items took a value hit, which of course hurt elite farming. So in order to help fix the situation, STS changed crates so that instead of automatically giving a legendary item with every crate, you now had the gold rewards instead. But the problem with this was inflation we saw. Now it's true that some of this was due to plat farming. By using this token system instead of gold rewards, or even instead of SOME of the gold rewards, it will cause the prices of these mythic and arcane items to drop in value due to more of them being on the market. And that in turn will make them more accessible to all players. And without the gold rewards, we will see some deflation over time, so that will further drop the costs down.

3) I HOPE they will consider eliminating all legendary items from locked crates as well. For twinks they are no longer necessary as we now have these events several times a year that pump out plenty of new twink items. And for end game, it would be preferable if all legendary items were farmable only. That would make it more profitable to farm and keep the price of legendary items at a decent level.

4) I think these tokens should also rarely drop from elite bosses in the new expansion, but at a frequency like any other legendary item. They should not be a common drop.

5) I think locked crates should be changed to only have one item in each. They can accomplish this by just tripling the odds of mythic and arcane items, so that your chances are still the same. Then if you don't get a mythic or arcane item, you will get anywhere from 1-5 tokens, with 1 being the most common amount. Because if they keep 3 items per crate, and give tokens as the replacement for gold rewards, then at most anyone can get the best arcane item by opening 300 crates. I can assure you if this happens then arcane items will become WAY too common. They need to still be kept somewhat rare.

6) The "Gold" pet thing is interesting. As arcane items have become the new mythic, and mythic have become the new legendary, then maybe gold is the new arcane. haha. That is their (somewhat typical) marketing strategy to upsell us over time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    The way tokens are obtained will pretty much make or break the game. I don't see any reason to waste time dwelling on it. If it is only available through plat, gg f2p users are doomed, if not we'll, that's simply amazing.

What's more curious is the arcane gold pet. At the first glance, the happiness bonus seems very weak, even compared to hammerjaw. The only worse arcane pet is glacial (in terms of purely happiness bonus). This leads me to believe that it will have an incredibly powerful aa to make up for this. After seeing what STS did with nekro, I am inclined to imagine something like banish in PvP or 3 second invulnerability. If this is indeed the case, please consider buffing the happiness bonus to even 40 int str dex, 15% crit and 15% damage. I would much rather face that then another nekro or worse.
    Rem and cara told me the gold is just for collection for the rich players. Will have same AA as the normal which is a small sort of earthquake that does massive amounts of damage.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mesalin:2187024
    Grrr 6k xp hope it's for show and sts give us less

Im so fresh
    Im not sure what to think of this either. On one hand, what game lets you breeze through and cap an entire expansion and levels within a few hours. On another, the rich will reach it very quickly and milk anything of worth creating yet another rich and poor gap or moreso increasing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Im not sure what to think of this either. On one hand, what game lets you breeze through and cap an entire expansion and levels within a few hours. On another, the rich will reach it very quickly and milk anything of worth creating yet another rich and poor gap or moreso increasing it.
    You don't have to be "rich" to buy xp elixirs, and if it takes more effort to level, that means the actual gamers are more likely to cap before the lazy rich people.

(Note: this is not saying all rich people are lazy, only saying that those who got rich by standing around town crate popping are less likely to put in the effort to get to elite cap first and farm, given the extended effort required.)
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha:2187079
    You don't have to be "rich" to buy xp elixirs, and if it takes more effort to level, that means the actual gamers are more likely to cap before the lazy rich people.

(Note: this is not saying all rich people are lazy, only saying that those who got rich by standing around town crate popping are less likely to put in the effort to get to elite cap first and farm, given the extended effort required.)
    For the most part, combo elixirs are purchased for 35 plat and grant extra bonuses when compared to the individual elixirs such as the common ones in cs. So moreso the p2w players having that good advantage.

Still trying to determine the xp needed for other levels. Finding little interesting tidbits here and there. Will update and post later.

The jewel crafting interface is a huge mess. You can filter it out by level of jewel you want to create which is kind of annoying or deal with the 60+ craftable types you scroll through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

For the most part, combo elixirs are purchased for 35 plat and grant extra bonuses when compared to the individual elixirs such as the common ones in cs. So moreso the p2w players having that good advantage.

Still trying to determine the xp needed for other levels. Finding little interesting tidbits here and there. Will update and post later.

The jewel crafting interface is a huge mess. You can filter it out by level of jewel you want to create which is kind of annoying or deal with the 60+ craftable types you scroll through.
    Over 60 craftables to scroll? That sounds nasty.

With several countries having had a 10%+ price increase in plat, I'm thinking the number of people willing to shell out just to get an hour or two edge is going to be lower. But I guess we'll find out when the time comes. It's one of those things you can't really predict. I don't believe combo and single xp elix stack anymore either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

They dont. Ive been using 7 day and combo to level up.

One thing I notice now is that multiple individual buffs are shown now. For example, I have 2 xp buff icons. 1 for 7 day and 1 for combo. Just as long as you havent filled up your entire set of 7 icons under your health bar. So when my eggband ring proc, I get another xp buff icon, making it 3 total under the health bar. Same thing with lep, luck elixir and eggband proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Thanks for the screen shots Rav. Here are some theories of mine....

1) Regarding the new mythics, it seems STS has done good here... I'm sure you have all noticed, PvP at end game has reached a point where whoever hits first gets the kill half of the time. That's why many of us now do twink pvp, because at least the fights last long enough to require some strategy. The solution to fix this issue at end game is to release new gear with a nice increase in armor without much (or perhaps any at all) increase in damage. If those stats are the final ones, then it appears we will be seeing large increase in armor, but actually a small decrease in damage compared to Imbued. I have to say that I like this. It will force most players to upgrade if they want to be able to survive, and should help to fix PvP. Currently as a sorcerer at level 10, armor is about 3 times as much as damage for most players. At end game, a sorcerer typically has less than 2 times as much armor as damage. This issue needed to be addressed. And for anyone who loves the quick fast paced PvP, maybe 41 with its high damage and para gems will become a popular twink pvp level in the future.

2) It makes sense that they would use these tokens instead of the gold payouts. And believe it or not, this will actually help the non-plat players. Here is why.....

Prior to locked crates being added to the game (seasons 1 & 2), all legendary items had decent value. Then when locked crates were originally added, too many cheap crate legendary items hit the market, and the result was that all legendary items took a value hit, which of course hurt elite farming. So in order to help fix the situation, STS changed crates so that instead of automatically giving a legendary item with every crate, you now had the gold rewards instead. But the problem with this was inflation we saw. Now it's true that some of this was due to plat farming. By using this token system instead of gold rewards, or even instead of SOME of the gold rewards, it will cause the prices of these mythic and arcane items to drop in value due to more of them being on the market. And that in turn will make them more accessible to all players. And without the gold rewards, we will see some deflation over time, so that will further drop the costs down.

3) I HOPE they will consider eliminating all legendary items from locked crates as well. For twinks they are no longer necessary as we now have these events several times a year that pump out plenty of new twink items. And for end game, it would be preferable if all legendary items were farmable only. That would make it more profitable to farm and keep the price of legendary items at a decent level.

4) I think these tokens should also rarely drop from elite bosses in the new expansion, but at a frequency like any other legendary item. They should not be a common drop.

5) I think locked crates should be changed to only have one item in each. They can accomplish this by just tripling the odds of mythic and arcane items, so that your chances are still the same. Then if you don't get a mythic or arcane item, you will get anywhere from 1-5 tokens, with 1 being the most common amount. Because if they keep 3 items per crate, and give tokens as the replacement for gold rewards, then at most anyone can get the best arcane item by opening 300 crates. I can assure you if this happens then arcane items will become WAY too common. They need to still be kept somewhat rare.

6) The "Gold" pet thing is interesting. As arcane items have become the new mythic, and mythic have become the new legendary, then maybe gold is the new arcane. haha. That is their (somewhat typical) marketing strategy to upsell us over time.
    1 - The old days of pvp were great when there was no dmg increase modifier for gear. Security, fitness, will, etc were all top notch. With para options still available for new gear, its not going to change anytime soon unfortunately. I uploaded a sample of level 10 jewels in the main post for you to see (if you haven't already) since you pvp at that level. I hope for the goal of more defense vs offense as well but it won't be easy.

2 - I'm not so sure how much it would help with tokens being in rengol crates. If it creates an environment where farming for the f2p player has nothing to do, no matter how cheap stuff is, he won't be able to afford it.

3 - I don't think i've seen bows or guns from events? All from crates or store item purchases right?

4 - The idea of tokens dropping from elite bosses sounds good at first but if there are more and more ways introduced to get a particular item, that price will drastically decrease. Tokens dropping INSTEAD of crates, maybe. But both, I don't know about that. We would have 3-4 ways of acquiring some of the good items on that list. Rengol Crates, Orc King Treasure Chest, Crate Tokens from Crates, Crate Tokens from elite farming. All depends on frequency of things too though.

5 - Another thread stated the rengol crates drop 1 item for 5 plat.

6 - I don't know what to think of Arcane,Gold - Toor. 1 new arcane pet can be expensive enough to get. I hope they are 2 very different pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Over 60 craftables to scroll? That sounds nasty.

With several countries having had a 10%+ price increase in plat, I'm thinking the number of people willing to shell out just to get an hour or two edge is going to be lower. But I guess we'll find out when the time comes. It's one of those things you can't really predict. I don't believe combo and single xp elix stack anymore either.
    I updated the main post with pics of the craft section.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Great thread and an abundance of information for those who cant play the test server! Thanks for that.

So 41-45 requires as much xp as 39-41. I just hope the last level (45-46) keeps the gradual xp progression (increase of 10%-12,5%) instead of going to something like 100k xp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Great thread and an abundance of information for those who cant play the test server! Thanks for that.

So 41-45 requires as much xp as 39-41. I just hope the last level (45-46) keeps the gradual xp progression (increase of 10%-12,5%) instead of going to something like 100k xp.
    From cap to elite cap is always 10x the previous level. If they are increasing exp to reach each level, I don't see them removing this requirement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha:2187550

From cap to elite cap is always 10x the previous level. If they are increasing exp to reach each level, I don't see them removing this requirement.
    They changed it. Its about 9260 from 45 to 46.

Planar tombs is scaled to my 46 char. I opened to planar chests and got 2 40 epics. Golden Dragonscale Chests are now Golden Dragonscale Chests II meaning they will probably have scaled items inside. Same for Elite Golden Dragonscale Chests II. I dont think they input the loot for Rengol Crates since they still drop 41 Conquistador gear.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Planar tombs is scaled to my 46 char. I opened to planar chests and got 2 40 epics. Golden Dragonscale Chests are now Golden Dragonscale Chests II meaning they will probably have scaled items inside. Same for Elite Golden Dragonscale Chests II. I dont think they input the loot for Rengol Crates since they still drop 41 Conquistador gear.
    Thanks! Good to know. I guess it makes more sense to make all levels have a gradual increase in xp required rather than making the last one require more than twice as much as the 4 levels before that.

Interesting that the planar tombs scaled. I wonder if this means lvl 46 imbued. Anyhow the mythics at the vendor ar pretty bad. The rogue armor gives me 198 armor more than my imbued tactics (two eyes), but I lose 20+ damage and 9 crit, some health and mana as well, which seems like a pretty bad trade off to me.

In this regards I can't help but wonder if sts' way of making players not "eat through content extremely fast" is to lower our damage so that runs take much longer, while we get more armor so that the expenses in ankhs are bearable. On the other hand there is the third boss in the new maps, which I can only see as a ankh eating monster in its elite version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi:2187652

Thanks! Good to know. I guess it makes more sense to make all levels have a gradual increase in xp required rather than making the last one require more than twice as much as the 4 levels before that.

Interesting that the planar tombs scaled. I wonder if this means lvl 46 imbued. Anyhow the mythics at the vendor ar pretty bad. The rogue armor gives me 198 armor more than my imbued tactics (two eyes), but I lose 20+ damage and 9 crit, some health and mana as well, which seems like a pretty bad trade off to me.

In this regards I can't help but wonder if sts' way of making players not "eat through content extremely fast" is to lower our damage so that runs take much longer, while we get more armor so that the expenses in ankhs are bearable. On the other hand there is the third boss in the new maps, which I can only see as a ankh eating monster in its elite version.
    Maybe elite will hit hard and/or to balance pvp a bit so its not a 1 shot / 1 combo fest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

A Dev said somewhere that these aren't the final stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    A Dev said somewhere that these aren't the final stats.
    Yes, I read that, but it was something like "they are gonna change a little bit". Anyhow we are gonna see. Was just sharing my thoughts

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Don't forget the mythic set will have a hefty bonus once you have the full set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills:2187844

Don't forget the mythic set will have a hefty bonus once you have the full set
    Yeah that or who knows. Maybe with their itemization they have in mind, a second set of mythics. Just like weapons last season.

Eggs and chests can be liquidated for 0 gold.

My singe at 46 did not get a new passive. Im assuming the same for the other mythics and arcanes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I have few questions :-acc. To sts we should have new passive and normal skills to our char .but in test server it was nowhere , so what can we assume from it ? 2nd , the process of crafting , has got complicated alot , what will be the effects ? 3rd what's gonna be impact of token theory (regarding Maridos and shard via tokens ) how far it can affect the economy of al ?
    IT"S NOT OVER TILL IT IS OVER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Lol, it seems still many weakness point to solve. STS please listen to your customer. :3 I've lost interest to play.
    D

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Thank you for such a great comprehensive post. This is extremely helpful for people who can't test the new test server. Even though everything is subject to change in real expansion this is at least helpful in giving people an idea of what is to come and plan accordingly. Also a great way to discuss and provide opinion of how STG should proceed with new expansion.