Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Rage of Rengol Consolidated Feedback

Hello,

After playing the test expansion, I just wanted to write my own review on the newly produced content. I understand that some opinions may differ from my own and that is OK. I understand and respect that - just do the same for me!

1. Town
    The town is great! It's the first town in this MMMO that has given me the feel of a real MMO. In traditional MMOs, towns are typically HUGE with much to discover. The town did just that.

Now, if there were more special features that could be incorporated in this town, I am sure players would use it more. The only drawback right now is that there is no stash (that I could find, might have missed it considering how big the town is) and that the CS is very far away. Now, the distance of CS is OK as long as there are other features in this town that make it worth using!

2. Maps
    The maps seem great. While they are long, I am sure as players we can figure out how to complete them efficiently. What I did notice was that the mobs within the map generated many stuns! In fact, one could be stunned quite literally after a stun duration ended. I think that this could be improved as tanks are the ones who will suffer the most. Now, not only are tanks slow, but they are also stunned all the time which further decreases their effectiveness in a party. However, sorcerers with arcane shield and rogues with razor shield will be appreciated within this map.

3. Gear
    The gear seems like it could use some improvement. If the stats could be increased to be better than imbued, I am sure many players would appreciate the effort.

4. Jewels
    This one is a major issue. While I do understand that on a test server, things are expected to change...there was a quote that jewels are not likely to change in stats.

This is something that I covered in April. In order to prevent creating another 3 piece ring ordeal that plagued PL for the longest time, it is essential that the jewels be either equal or slightly better than gems like: enchanted eye of syrillax, paracelsus gems, or reinforced gems.

The game should progress - not be locked in a specific state for all eternity. Just as I expect SNS to be outperformed eventually (perhaps with the new arcane pets), the gems should also be eventually replaced with something better if jewels are really intended to replace gems. Otherwise, it just creates a grandfather effect where only those with vast resources win while those who do not have such vast resourced end up losing.

5. Rage of Rengol Crates
    I don't yet see how these are different from the locked crates of the grand watch yet. If any developer could expand on this, it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-13-2015 at 11:09 AM. Reason: I will add more as I explore more.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: