Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Jewel System: Rage of Renege

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    It is not too much if you think about it. Im currently using 10 eye gems in my gear and i have 50% crit, it feels like i crit every time already. Going to a lot over 50% crit is just a waste i think. I know belts are coming, so we will have 3 extra slot, but if i socket 13 crit jewel then i gain 26% crit if every crit jewel will give 2%, 32,5% with 2.5%, but the damage loss will be a huge -104 and -312 hp, compared to 13 noble finesse jewels.
    U are absolutely right about the rogue class. I have 53% crit on my rogue and it feels like critting every time indeed once you get aimed stacks up. In this regard 1.5% or 2.5% crit on the jewels does not matter that much as rogues already have plenty. However this is not true about mages. They on the other hand already have higher damage, so they could sacrifice a bit. Now imagine mages with AoE skills, higher damage than rogues (or same if they sacrifice for full crit build) and 60% crit + crowd control. I am guessing warriors will be totally out of the picture then. That is the reason I said 2.5% is too much . On the other hand this is the only MMO/RPG where mages cant get as much crit as roogues/assassins, so why not 2.5%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    U are absolutely right about the rogue class. I have 53% crit on my rogue and it feels like critting every time indeed once you get aimed stacks up. In this regard 1.5% or 2.5% crit on the jewels does not matter that much as rogues already have plenty. However this is not true about mages. They on the other hand already have higher damage, so they could sacrifice a bit. Now imagine mages with AoE skills, higher damage than rogues (or same if they sacrifice for full crit build) and 60% crit + crowd control. I am guessing warriors will be totally out of the picture then. That is the reason I said 2.5% is too much . On the other hand this is the only MMO/RPG where mages cant get as much crit as roogues/assassins, so why not 2.5%
    The main point, crit jewels must have to be competitive at least to eye gems, or else we gona see an eye gem price loosing control. The rich people who can stack the most discontinued eye gems will win. 2% crit is makes me think that i should socket a few (2-3) pieces somewhere into my gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

The main point, crit jewels must have to be competitive at least to eye gems, or else we gona see an eye gem price loosing control. The rich people who can stack the most discontinued eye gems will win. 2% crit is makes me think that i should socket a few (2-3) pieces somewhere into my gear.
    Yes you are right about the first part. The gap between the upper 1% and the upper mid class will be huge. The gap between the upper 1% and the average player (and I think that many of that one 1% dont even know what the average is) will be tremendous.

As a friend of mine said: "I look at their stats and wanna cry. I farm and farm and nothing." Then his wife opened 250 goblin locked and looted 2 samaels, one maridos, 2 fossils and one shard... o.O

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Thanks for the feedback on this everyone.

I think it's important to point out that some of the gem/jewel comparisons in the intial post are not "apples to apples" comparisons. When dealing with the Paracellus Soul Stone and Enchanted Eye of Syrillax, remember that these were difficult-to-obtain and limited time rewards. Making something that is openly farmable (new jewels) equal to that in power just would not make sense. Those items were special and will continue to be special. Better comparisons are the Dex/Str/Int gems/jewels, which are obtained in similar ways.

Also of importance is to remember this is a TEST SERVER. The reason we put all of this content there is to gather feedback. As we compile all of the feedback we receive on jewels, and everything else, we'll determine if we need to make any changes.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fibus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post

I think it's important to point out that some of the gem/jewel comparisons in the intial post are not "apples to apples" comparisons. When dealing with the Paracellus Soul Stone and Enchanted Eye of Syrillax, remember that these were difficult-to-obtain and limited time rewards. Making something that is openly farmable (new jewels) equal to that in power just would not make sense. Those items were special and will continue to be special. Better comparisons are the Dex/Str/Int gems/jewels, which are obtained in similar ways.

Also of importance is to remember this is a TEST SERVER. The reason we put all of this content there is to gather feedback. As we compile all of the feedback we receive on jewels, and everything else, we'll determine if we need to make any changes.
    True, but neither would causing Paracelsus and Enchanted Eye of Syrillax gems to be the top gems and be discontinued make sense either.

Perhaps, create a level of jewel that matches eye gem stat and Paracelsus gem stat that requires equal effort?

The phasing out plan will not work. All it will do is escalate prices on current Paracelsus gems and enchanted eye gems. Then, when the gems finally do run out, you have players that will be ridiculously OP for an entire year. When players cannot keep up or match those stats, they end up quitting. I don't mean to dramaticize things but this is exactly what happened in PL. The way the current jewel system is set up, it will only create obsolete OP players like myself that nobody can compete with.

In this case, I only have the best intentions for the longevity of the game. Regardless of how things play out, I will still be able to buy Paracelsus gems and Enchanted Eye gems to become one of the said obsolete OP players but the thing is - others will not be able to and it will drive players nuts that they cannot accomplish the same stats.

It's a very major issue that needs to be handled as quickly as possible. Thank you, Fibus!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Thank you for chiming in Fibus, it's great to see that devs are looking into what the players are suggesting.

IMO, I think most will agree that the introduction of those special gems had a negative effect on the balance of the game, and for those to remain special, how could balance be possible? I understand your intention of letting those gems work itself out of the game, but how long would that take if they continue to be special? Some players who are wealthy enough to afford these gems at the moment are hoarding them, in the form of gemming expensive items, if the jewels are not competitive, these items will be sold for big bucks. If this happens, I don't see how these gems will go anywhere. I sincerely hope you make these jewels more competitive than what we're seeing in the test server at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Yes but eye and para gems should not continue to be the 'best' we can get our hands on. We expect to see progression in gear AND jewels with expansion. To continually have to back peddle and rely on items that are 1. no longer obtainable and 2. STILL superior to NEW items is excessively frustrating. Why would you release new jewels that aren't going to finally wipe out these old ones? You are still placing the ability to max out stats in the hands of a very few.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I see your point, but the difference right now is tremendous. Not only this will extremely frustrating for the existing players, who don't have the resources to afford the OP mixture of eye and para gems, but it will be a reason to quit for the new players. How is a new player supposed to get motivation to farm and/or spend money on a game when she/he knows that he can never become the best or compete with the best? No matter how much he farm or how much money he spends? Imagine how would people feel, who start playing 3-4 months into the expansion. By then the paras and eyes would have ran out, so what are they supposed to do? Suck it up and wait for the next expansion?

I have seen this happen in other games. Results have been always the same: wide spread discontent. You have a great opportunity to do it differently, please do!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Also, I will tell you that in PvP it's ALL about how many eye and para gems that you have. I just have one of each with max gear and compared to Zeus with exact same set but different gems the difference is astounding. It's pretty lame that this disparity even exists. The ONLY way to stop this is by bumping up those dmg and crit jewels for us. Then the playing field will even out!!!

You got this StS!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

What balance you guys were talking about in this expansion???

I have been hearing that STS intend to bring some kind of balance between rich and poor.

How it is possible;

if the new damage jewels are far inferior compare to para gems. How come people still have para gems if it was so hard to obtain? Do you think it's easier/cheaper to craft the highest level jewel?

As other suggested, damage/crit jewels should be comparable to para/eye if STS wants to bring some kind of balance between rich and poor. If not bring back the Para and eye gems.

After seeing your frustrating reply Fibus. I am loosing my hope of balance in this expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Thank you Fibus for listening.

Let me tell you my fears: A grand fire gem 6 dex - if i socket into an empty slot - gives 6 more damage in stats (with bonus damage calculated) at the current end game level. A second paracelsus gem 2.0 damage gives around 9.3 more damage in stats. If i take the grand fire gem example - 6 dex=6 damage - then a noble finesse jewel will give 8 dex=8 damage, this is close to a second para gem, which is good i think. However a noble chaos jewel with its 0.6 damage will give a how much 3-4 damage? This is far less than a noble finesse jewel and makes it completely useless.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I'm beginning too think this whole time STS' plan to let the old gems "work themselves out of the game" only applies to the normal gems, it's only wishful thinking for us to expect paras/eyes to be replaced. I do hope I'm wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Thank you Fibus for listening.

Let me tell you my fears: A grand fire gem 6 dex - if i socket into an empty slot - gives 6 more damage in stats (with bonus damage calculated) at the current end game level. A second paracelsus gem 2.0 damage gives around 9.3 more damage in stats. If i take the grand fire gem example - 6 dex=6 damage - then a noble finesse jewel will give 8 dex=8 damage, this is close to a second para gem, which is good i think. However a noble chaos jewel with its 0.6 damage will give a how much 3-4 damage? This is far less than a noble finesse jewel and makes it completely useless.
    Exactly. Just scrap the damage jewels if you're going to make them useless. Why would anyone ever use one if they give less damage than the dex jewels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Exactly. Just scrap the damage jewels if you're going to make them useless. Why would anyone ever use one if they give less damage than the dex jewels?
    As of now same goes for the crit jewel and most probably the mana, health and armour jewels. The reason why this thread and the others which discuss this issue only bother to talk about the damage and somewhat about the crit jewel is that their lack of usefulness is staggering Both compared to the para/eye gems and to the main stat jewels.

A noble water gem gives less mana than a grand cursed skull gem?!? The cursed skull had at least the ability to leach health no matter how minuscule the chance was. I think everyone knows how many people use the BETTER cursed skulls .
    Last edited by Jazzi; 06-15-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Disappointing. I was looking forward to trying different combinations. Could these jewels at least be given a well enough boost so that if you have multiple damage, crit and armor jewels you could be almost equal to someone with multiple para, eye and reinforce gems? If not then I don't see the point of expanding the jewel system from just str/dex/int to other attributes.
    Last edited by Vediovis; 06-15-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Hi Fibus

Thanks for responding to our concerns, we appreciate you taking the time to address them.

Ok, here we go...

I disagree strongly, my chart is most definitely an apples-to-apples comparison. The moment any item hits market it doesn't matter that it came from a special event. It becomes just another commodity whose supply happens to be limited. Further, my chart is intentionally rough because its primary purpose was to convey to developers our perceptions and expectations as players. It was not about accuracy.

You are asking us to compare only dex/str/int gems to their equivalent jewels? What about the reinforced gems? Not only do armor jewels give us half the armor, they also don't grant a basic stat. You expect us to be ok with that even though it could take months of farming to obtain a noble!?!? It takes 1-2 days of farming arena to obtain a reinforced gem! If the development team thought that situation would be a-ok, they've got a perception vs reality gap equivalent in breadth to the Grand Cayon.

This game is about the social connections we make while we are having fun, akin to a sports league irl. Many of us have put a lot of free time and money into keeping AL fun and worth playing because we would REALLY like to keep those connections alive. We level-headed advocates are invested in the long term future of Arcane Legends, our interests align with STS' interest in keeping AL profitable. If we level-headed advocates tell you that you are about to screw the pooch on the Jewel System, I would hope it would be worth some truly serious consideration and not a 'yeah we might change that, we'll see,' like it's just another day at the office.

I don't understand the reluctance to make jewels awesome and exciting just because they are farmable. We aren't asking you to make it easy, we don't expect that. Make it hard, please, I encourage it! Why not let the basic stat cracked drop in normals, but let the other cracked drop in elites? Or, why not reduce the drop rate? In other words, why not further limit drop supply in some way if you're concerned about easy obtainability?

A lot of middle class players were looking forward to farming Jewels because, finally, here was something better than locked. If you don't make Jewels valuable, you are going to lose those players (some of whom are my game friends) very, very quickly - expansion or not.
    Last edited by Niixed; 06-15-2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: clarity

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Not everybody can afford para gems, so sts just wanted to create a new gem to weaken the gap between para users and jewel users. Para gems are premium gems and jewels are always farmable. I mean sts won't give out things which are more op than gems which ppl spend real for it to farm. Sts need to earn money too. But if u want that farmable items have more power than these actual best gems, i think wont bring out any new events nor updatesin the near future. It's just a part of Sts' bussiness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I think keeping this power gap between the crit/damage jewels and syrillax/para gems leaves unchanged the purposes they were introduced for. Many players will still never be able to reach the grounds certain others will stand at even if they work really hard (and there is lot of work to do in order to craft a noble jewel as it seems)

I have an idea what if crit & damage jewels were brought on semi competitive grounds with eyes&paras when the expansion goes live. Then next event you introduce better versions of eyes and paras, let those already in possession of ungemmed paras and eyes be allowed to upgrade theirs while the rest have to work for the upgraded gems.
    Then after a while when the disparity caused by the event gems is too evident (like now) you could increment the levels of the jewels adding another class.

Cleanse and repeat each event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Just combined the damage and crit jewels into one type of jewel imo 1.0 dmg and .8 crit... Make those jewels only drop in elites like Archon rings.
    Last edited by Spell; 06-16-2015 at 02:48 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Limited time rewards should also have a limited time reign though... we do understand that exclusive items are going to offer a certain advantage to those who are able to obtain them, but this advantage should only be held for a finite amount of time.

I know a lot of players are not fans of this trend which has developed, where "hard work" grinding 4 bosses for 2-4 weeks during specific annual events is considered to be worth more than the hard work people put in for the other 9 months of the year grinding elites and the actual permanent game content.

Perhaps it is time to consider making any items which are offered as event rewards not quite so OP that it becomes impossible to bring out better items without breaking the whole game.... a little forward planning and item/stats forecasting would be all that was needed

The things we earn in events should be treats (like the cupid vanity or nilbog) rather than the be all and end all of the game for whole rest of the season and possibly the next. These rewards should be handy to have, but not necessary to the point where anyone who missed that event is disadvantaged for an entire year and more >.<

Meanwhile the best items which are going to sit on top and be required in order to be on a level playing field should be available to players for players to work on and earn all year round.

Para gems in particular are now 8 months old, and leaving them as the most powerful and unrivalled gem in the new expansion will put its life span at the top way beyond what is reasonable for a discontinued item.
    Last edited by Dalmony; 06-16-2015 at 05:08 PM.