Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Jewel System: Rage of Renege

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Default Jewel System: Rage of Renege

renege (v.) - go back on a promise, undertaking, or contract.

When Jewels were first announced it gave me very high hopes, but after seeing the, frankly, insulting stats of some of the jewels on the test server I am deeply concerned about the new Jewel system. I was in disbelief and denial until I started doing more research and number comparisons. I hope the devs are listening because if they keep those numbers many hopeful players are in for a very harsh, rude awakening and the negative impact on Arcane Legends and its profitability could be quite significant.

The most glaring example is the damage, or chaos, jewel. After spending great effort in gathering or purchasing 2,187 cracked chaos jewels (worth +.25 damage each) what do you have to look forward to? A whopping +.6 damage increase! Yes, it seems impossible, yet devs have declared the Jewel system numbers seen on the test server "final but certainly subject to change."

At the MINIMUM a Noble damage jewel should be worth 2.0 damage, but 2.66 would be more in line with the expectations set by the jewel system announcement. Teasing us with +8 dex/int/str noble jewels, giving the unmistakable impression that other jewels would also supercede existing gems and then releasing a damage jewel that falls 70% short of the minimum you get from a para gem (without the bonus)? That's just not cool, STS. Not cool at all.

The justification for the Jewel system focused mainly on phasing out the para gem, but a Noble chaos jewel with a laughably pathetic +0.6 damage is going to be ignored with a collective eyeroll. In what universe would a jewel like that phase out the para gem??? Instead, it would guarantee para gems become a permanent fixture in Arcane Legends, hyperinflating their value until it is on par with shards and fossils.

I made a rough comparison chart to illustrate my point. At level 41, with the exception of the base stat jewels, the Jewel system falls disappointingly short of expectations.

Grand Fire Noble Finesse Percent Gain Expectation
    +6 dex +8 dex +133% +8 dex
    Grand Glacial Noble Mind Percent Gain Expectation
    +6 int +8 int +133% +8 int
    Grand Blood Noble Fury Percent Gain Expectation
    +6 str +8 str +133% +8 str
    Enchanted Eye Noble Lightning Percent Loss Expectation
    +0.97% crit +0.60% crit -38% +1.29% crit
    Para Soul Stone Noble Chaos Percent Loss Expectation
    +2.00 dmg +0.60 dmg -70% +2.66 dmg
    Grand Reinforced Noble Diamond Percent Loss Expectation
    +25 armor +13.5 armor -46% +33 armor
    Grand Elon Shard Noble Nature Percent Loss Expectation
    +113 health +96 health -15% +151 health
    Grand Nec Skull Noble Water Percent Loss Expectation
    +101 mana +96 mana -5% +134 mana

The percent loss or gain is in comparison to the *minimum.* If these really are the final stats, most of the Jewels are an inexplicable regression of the current system. If they want the Jewel system to be a success, STS would be very smart to meet all of the expectations set by the original announcement, even if it meant obtaining Noble jewels had to be more difficult. If you can't meet them, at least don't go backwards; don't give us noble jewels worse than we had in the old gem system.

Update:

I found this post from Fibus. There may be hope that the Jewel system is not yet in its final state.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Glad to see everyone is excited for the expansion! Just a word of caution though, remember this is a TEST SERVER. Number values, art, etc. are all subject to change. And very likely WILL change. And just to avoid any confusion, those tokens are NOT story tokens. It's just placeholder art.
    Last edited by Niixed; 06-14-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The stats on the noble jewels are scaled for lv30 items upwards. This means there are classes of jewels greater than the noble types.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    The stats on the noble jewels are scaled for lv30 items upwards. This means there are classes of jewels greater than the noble types.
    Where you read that? Fibus wrote jewels have 8 lvl, read this post again: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=2145156

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Where you read that? Fibus wrote jewels have 8 lvl, read this post again: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=2145156
    GG then. They could eventually add more classes though or make the jewels auto scale from Lv30 upwards Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    GG then. They could eventually add more classes though or make the jewels auto scale from Lv30 upwards Lol
    Even if they scale for say lvl 40+, if they keep it like that the regular main stat jewel and para gems will be better than the damage jewels. Same goes for the crit jewel compared to the enchanted eye.

Further introducing one more tier of jewels will drastically increase the number of cracked jewels needed in order to craft one of those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Even if they scale for say lvl 40+, if they keep it like that the regular main stat jewel and para gems will be better than the damage jewels. Same goes for the crit jewel compared to the enchanted eye.

Further introducing one more tier of jewels will drastically increase the number of cracked jewels needed in order to craft one of those.
    I think we have an agreement that these stats makes the mentioned jewels useless, for moving a bit further, what stat would you recommend? Paracelsus gem have currently 2.0 damage Thundyrz have a good point, it must be a bit more than noble finesse/fury/mind but not that much more. Maybe around 2.5?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I think we have an agreement that these stats makes the mentioned jewels useless, for moving a bit further, what stat would you recommend? Paracelsus gem have currently 2.0 damage Thundyrz have a good point, it must be a bit more than noble finesse/fury/mind but not that much more. Maybe around 2.5?
    To be honest I never was after having more than one para, as the gain/expense ratio is definitely not the best. I chose having one para, mostly eyes and a couple of grand tarlok wind gems in my gear currently. I would have replaced those grand tarlok with eyes if the expansion was not that close.

The damage jewels, same as the crit jewels, need to be on par with the main stat jewels and at least somewhat comparable to the para gems(not talking about the first one) and eyes. So imo damage gems need to be something like 2.00-2.20 damage. I think 2.2 is more appropriate. After all it the health, crit chance, etc. loss from not using a main stat jewel has to be offset by something (more damage in this case) in order to make it worth it.

Honestly I haven't given the crit jewels much thought, as they are sooo bad compared to eyes. They definitely need to give more than 1.00 crit. More like in the range of 1.15-1.3. With them giving that much I see myself using 3-5 of them, but if they give you only 0,6... Well if you have full mythic/arcane gear, with the new belt slot, you have 18 gem/jewel slots. If you would put crit jewels in all of those you would gain 10.8 crit in total. This compared to 144 main stat (18 slots with noble dex jewels)?!? It looks to me like a no-brainer to me.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 06-14-2015 at 05:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

To be honest I never was after having more than one para, as the gain/expense ratio is definitely not the best. I chose having one para, mostly eyes and a couple of grand tarlok wind gems in my gear currently. I would have replaced those grand tarlok with eyes if the expansion was not that close.

The damage jewels, same as the crit jewels, need to be on par with the main stat jewels and at least somewhat comparable to the para gems(not talking about the first one) and eyes. So imo damage gems need to be something like 2.00-2.20 damage. I think 2.2 is more appropriate. After all it the health, crit chance, etc. loss from not using a main stat jewel has to be offset by something (more damage in this case) in order to make it worth it.

Honestly I haven't given the crit jewels much thought, as they are sooo bad compared to eyes. They definitely need to give more than 1.00 crit. More like in the range of 1.15-1.3. With them giving that much I see myself using 3-5 of them, but if they give you only 0,6... Well if you have full mythic/arcane gear, with the new belt slot, you have 18 gem/jewel slots. If you would put crit jewels in all of those you would gain 10.8 crit in total. This compared to 144 main stat (18 slots with noble dex jewels)?!? It looks to me like a no-brainer to me.
    Lightning jewel also should give 2-2.5% crit imho, it does not give any other stat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Lightning jewel also should give 2-2.5% crit imho, it does not give any other stat.
    Imo 2-2.5% crit is too much. if it is 2.5% with 18 of those you will get +45% crit. So a rogue with aimed shot stack will be able too have 100%. Mages will be able to have 60%+. Ofc it would be a great sacrifice in damage and other stats, but still. Imho the maximum they should go to for now is 1.5%. This in my opinion makes them as good as eye gems (almost).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Hahaha, para-gem and another limited gem is big mistake, and never cant be fixed, that limited gems effect shouldnt be stacked, so every people only can use one para-gem or another limited gems. It's not about we can buy it or not, but it is about we can get it or not (because that gems will not exist in the future). Jewel must be something that can fix that OPness that limited gems, so the game will balance again.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

I dont see the point why ppl complain so much abt para gems. I mean there are not much para gems left, so its not game breaking at endgame. At twink lvls nearly every player has atleast one para gem. I dont tested the jewels yet but as i noticed you guys complain abt that the jewels give less dmg than a para gem. I personally think its ok like this, because i don't want to see 1-1.2k dmg eveywhere..... and one thing to add. Its much harder to get para gems than the normal gems.
    That were my 2cents

-Skillfeed-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intizamfamily888 View Post
    I dont see the point why ppl complain so much abt para gems. I mean there are not much para gems left, so its not game breaking at endgame. At twink lvls nearly every player has atleast one para gem. I dont tested the jewels yet but as i noticed you guys complain abt that the jewels give less dmg than a para gem. I personally think its ok like this, because i don't want to see 1-1.2k dmg eveywhere..... and one thing to add. Its much harder to get para gems than the normal gems.
    That were my 2cents

-Skillfeed-
    I made a ss from my stash now, im sure there still many out, maybe i can just trade one for an arcane weapon in the future.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

But there are not that much left to have full para rogues outside(at lvl 46 with new gear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

As you stated, you don't want to see 1k damage everywhere, so you'd rather have a few with over the top damage continue to dominate everyone else? How does that help with the effort to lessen the rich-poor gap? At twink levels, you'd be surprise how many players do not have parameters gems, check with some of the lesser known guilds. Moreover, players who want to participate in pvp at twink levels are also discouraged by the fact that they cannot compete with para players, so why even bother? You said it yourself, it's much harder to get para gems than normal gems (I'm assuming you meant jewels), so introducing something that is readily available to the masses will only help with the overall balance of the game.
    That were my 2cents

-Skillfeed-
    Last edited by Bluebatthing; 06-14-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebatthing View Post
    As you stated, you don't want to see 1k damage everywhere, so you'd rather have a few with over the top damage continue to dominate everyone else? How does that help with the effort to lessen the rich-poor gap? At twink levels, you'd be surprise how many players do not have parameters gems, check with some of the lesser known guilds. Moreover, players who want to participate in pvp at twink levels are also discouraged by the fact that they cannot compete with parag players, so why even bother? You said it yourself, it's much harder to get para gems than normal gems, so introducing something that is readily available to the masses will only help with the overall balance of the game.
    But para gems were a special premium reward at the event and the jewels are farmable all the time , so i think para gems dont deserve to be weaker than normal farmable gems. Para gems can also return in later events so the newer ppl get a chance to get one of them too. Its the same like arcanes not every player has an arcane item/eggs. So i think its better to close the gap between the item stats than changing the gems. Just think abt which change would be more game changing.

-Skillfeed-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

You're absolutely right, 1.29% crit is not worth placing in a gear socket considering you gain no other benefit.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I understand your point on the exclusivity on an event item, but you'll find that most people agree that the introduction of para gems into the game has essentially broken the game, at least in the pvp aspect. Also, it has been confirmed that para gems will not be coming back in future events because STS wants to let this particular gem works itself out of the game, frankly, I don't see that happening anytime soon if the jewels stats stay the way it is.
    But para gems were a special premium reward at the event and the jewels are farmable all the time , so i think para gems dont deserve to be weaker than normal farmable gems. Para gems can also return in later events so the newer ppl get a chance to get one of them too. Its the same like arcanes not every player has an arcane item/eggs. So i think its better to close the gap between the item stats than changing the gems. Just think abt which change would be more game changing.

-Skillfeed-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebatthing View Post
    I understand your point on the exclusivity on an event item, but you'll find that most people agree that the introduction of para gems into the game has essentially broken the game, at least in the pvp aspect. Also, it has been confirmed that para gems will not be coming back in future events because STS wants to let this particular gem works itself out of the game, frankly, I don't see that happening anytime soon if the jewels stats stay the way it is.
    I understand your point

22. The Following User Says Thank You to intizamfamily888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

-Skillfeed-
    Lol, any gems has been replaced with jewel, no more place for it to return. STS said they wont make another paracelsus gem anymore, that have crushing both pve and pvp. I think they should make it not stack with same gem, that gonna be better. so, one character only can use one gem.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Imo 2-2.5% crit is too much. if it is 2.5% with 18 of those you will get +45% crit. So a rogue with aimed shot stack will be able too have 100%. Mages will be able to have 60%+. Ofc it would be a great sacrifice in damage and other stats, but still. Imho the maximum they should go to for now is 1.5%. This in my opinion makes them as good as eye gems (almost).
    It is not too much if you think about it. Im currently using 10 eye gems in my gear and i have 50% crit, it feels like i crit every time already. Going to a lot over 50% crit is just a waste i think. I know belts are coming, so we will have 3 extra slot, but if i socket 13 crit jewel then i gain 26% crit if every crit jewel will give 2%, 32,5% with 2.5%, but the damage loss will be a huge -104 and -312 hp, compared to 13 noble finesse jewels.
    Last edited by Haligali; 06-15-2015 at 04:37 AM.