Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My opinions on Auto Level 41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    that pets wouldnt be gone forever if i "dismissed" them
    Awww <3 That is honestly one of the cutest memories from back in the day that I've ever read, totally serious )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default My opinions on Auto Level 41

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    So you're saying changing the auto level from 41 to 45 is a better idea?
    41, 45. It really doesn't matter, my point is emphasised either way. Auto level to something before the level cap, so that people can do a few runs before going to Max level and doing elites etc.

My reasoning for that is, what's the difference between auto leveling from 41 or 45? It's like 10k exp. You're not going to learn any more about a game from 50 runs than from 40 runs of WT4.
    Credits to Iady

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

jut make the auto lvl to 36 , 36 to 46 they can learn all they need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    41, 45. It really doesn't matter, my point is emphasised either way. Auto level to something before the level cap, so that people can do a few runs before going to Max level and doing elites etc.

My reasoning for that is, what's the difference between auto leveling from 41 or 45? It's like 10k exp. You're not going to learn any more about a game from 50 runs than from 40 runs of WT4.
    Still, this is an RPG. One of the key components of any RPG is character development. When you take away the need to level from 1-41, then you practically demolish 90% of the game. Leveling is supposed to be a fun experience, but since grinding tombs all day gets dull, STS decides to just skip the problem, rather than improve upon it.

Personally, I think they should not only expand end-game, but also add newer ways to actually work to level up your character. Instead of sweeping the slow/repetitive xp farming under the rug, they should enlighten the experience with faster xp gains/lower xp checkpoints to level up faster, to make the first 41 levels quicker to progress through and to make running seem more efficent than it does now.

A plat purchase to half the xp needed to level up (only in the first 41 levels) would be a much better integration. Raising xp rewards from killing mobs would be another awesome alternative. Something to make that XP bar seemingly fill up quicker to visually drive the player to continue leveling.

Adding an Auto-Level feature is practically a slap in the face to RPG's.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Still, this is an RPG. One of the key components of any RPG is character development. When you take away the need to level from 1-41, then you practically demolish 90% of the game. Leveling is supposed to be a fun experience, but since grinding tombs all day gets dull, STS decides to just skip the problem, rather than improve upon it.

Personally, I think they should not only expand end-game, but also add newer ways to actually work to level up your character. Instead of sweeping the slow/repetitive xp farming under the rug, they should enlighten the experience with faster xp gains/lower xp checkpoints to level up faster, to make the first 41 levels quicker to progress through and to make running seem more efficent than it does now.

A plat purchase to half the xp needed to level up (only in the first 41 levels) would be a much better integration. Raising xp rewards from killing mobs would be another awesome alternative. Something to make that XP bar seemingly fill up quicker to visually drive the player to continue leveling.

That won't do anything for existing players that are already L41, or more. The game has a limited amount of space, so STG tries to build content for the majority than the minority.

I'm sure you get what I mean right?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

When I started, I only had to grind from level 1-21 which I believe came to a grand total of around 25k XP before I capped. I ran most of that XP in Brackenridge and Dead City... basically, the normal versions of the maps which were currently being farmed at elite at the time.

When I arrived at the cap, I was familiar with both the most frequently farmed content in the game, and with enough of the game mechanics to be able to fully function at cap level. Of course I then went on to learn more and have been learning ever since XD

*shrug*

I really don't see how this is different. Forcing players to always grind from 1->cap doesn't automatically equip them with the knowledge that other capped players have gained from months/years of experience playing the game at end game.

In fact the only part of levelling that will be massively relevant will be the time spent in the normal mode of the new maps (after level 41) where they become familiar with the current and most relevant mob/boss styles. (Old mob styles don't need as much countering... once elite level, they can just go and 1 hit elite Rutger in Arcanum grounds.. new players have absolutely no need to know that we used to have to stand on the crystal and not move so as not to spawn any skeletons. Cos that is now irrelevant... its just nostalgia.)

This is a mobile mmo ... it is all about keeping the current content accessible / desirable for the mobile audience, not pushing it further and further out of reach as time goes on.
    Last edited by Dalmony; 06-16-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    The basic mechanics of the game - the ones which people use during their levelling days, are really quite simple. Learning these extremely simple "non end-game" ropes of Arlor requires nothing more than just pointing these things out... Most more complex aspects of gameplay are learned at endgame, where the real fun starts (hence why giving people a bit of a boost in getting there might actually end with more players sticking with the game...).

A very easy solution to all of this: Create an extended tutorial for first toons: this tutorial would include the basics as it does now... you learn to attack and loot and equip gear right at the start, to charge your attacks for more damage, to summon pets from the stable and to take and turn in quests in the tutorial arc on your first passage through the brackenridge area anyway.

Two things really could be added:

1. A "tutorial" where everyone auto drops an egg from the first boss, followed by a "click me click here oh wow you looted a pet, now try
    opening it" type dialogue (The betty quest shows us the stable but is a bit of a fail egg tutorial since it in no way shows where eggs
    actually come from.)

2. A zoom in on the CS on arrival in Outpost (like the pan in shots which explain the allies, the plat store, the watchers tombs, and
    the bard quests). Perhaps even a tutorial on how CS works since its no longer super intuitive and simple as it was when the game was
    first created and might be the one thing new peeps might broken down for them a bit more. (though other members of the human race do
    often have more intelligence than we give them credit for... I've even heard that they are often *shock* just as intelligent as us!! :-O) Lol

Once a player arrives in Travellers Outpost and completes the tutorial phase, THEN they would be presented with the option to level up manually, or skip to level 41.

They will then have learned these basics, and will spend their time levelling from 41 -> 46 applying them.

Once they hit cap after manually gaining 40,000xp and having a little bit of time to grasp the extremely difficult concept of using 4 skills charged and uncharged and using pots, they will just derp around alone until they are accepted into a guild, at which point they will be inducted into the "elite" ways of arlor by their kind and loving new guildies ^_^

Its really not such a big deal as people are making it out to be :3

Note: This boost to level 41 will be introduced not now, but when the cap is 46! It's not a boost ALL the way to endgame -.-"
    I agree with the better tutorial....
    The reason i put those basic skills are because players are far less likely to help a level 41 asking about basics of the game rather than a level 1 asking about the basics of the game.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Since you guys want the player to get to know the game with the experience of playing it, maybe the solution is to remove level requirements for all zones going up to lets say, Shuyal. All the zones will scale to the player level. After the player has completed all the main quests leading up to Shuyal, he / she can purchase the 41 kit.

Overall, I still think the 41 kit is good. It adds more players to end level rather than them quitting half way. Want someone to buy that crappy expired legendary 41 weapon? Well there's a fresh 41 who only has 41 epics right now who may be interested. More people playing = more demand. More demand on the item means more buyers and a healthier economy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dimitrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is not meant to take away from the game I feel this is a good thing for people who have wanting to end game but don't want too go through th hassle of leveling we can all agree leveling is a pain and I mean no one is taking away pve it's just an easier way to get more end gamers and more people at end game. It be kind of cool to see more players and more op people , sts is trying to keep everyone pleased . Even free events without kits I think it's a good idea . Everyone benefits, if you want to level by yourself you can you wanna jump straight to 41 you pay for it.
    If I die... I'll be legendary 😖

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

make it such that players can only choose to auto lvl to 41 if they have capped 1 toon to 41

Konan