Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tanks & lvl46 elites

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Tanks and lvl 46 elites is a myth untill rengol elites are gna be implemented :_)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwmsix View Post
    Tanks and lvl 46 elites is a myth untill rengol elites are gna be implemented :_)
    I highly doubt it, unless sts makes all mobs 1hit which it seems like that are starting to do. Even then 3 rogue 1 mage party will be much smoother as many tanks cannot hold aggro to save their life(thanks auto-level).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwmsix View Post
    Lol endless Storyy....seriously I wonder that no serious Game Magazinge has interviewed Sts lately Because this game has got 3 classes but only one class gets favoured. SMH
    Has StS won the best MMO of 2014? lol did they made a banner again or none? Didnt play for 1year whole 2014 soo no idea.. ;(

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    Has StS won the best MMO of 2014? lol did they made a banner again or none? Didnt play for 1year whole 2014 soo no idea.. ;(
    They lost their title for best MMO after 2013.
    To much imbalance, Rogues dominating and always favoring the rich.. Good Job! Sts!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Tanks have been asking for a desperate buff for years and what to we get? Nothing!
    Rogues medic pack gets buffed in 3-4 days and this proves how much they love Rogue's

Nowadays a rogue can tank better than a warrior.
    With her high dodge and 2k armor with 4-5k health.

Rogues can do everything!

Mages got the buff they needed which is good.
    But what about the tanks?
    Tanks are never gonna be buffed to its useless now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transfordark View Post
    Tanks have been asking for a desperate buff for years and what to we get? Nothing!
    Rogues medic pack gets buffed in 3-4 days and this proves how much they love Rogue's

Nowadays a rogue can tank better than a warrior.
    With her high dodge and 2k armor with 4-5k health.

Rogues can do everything!

Mages got the buff they needed which is good.
    But what about the tanks?
    Tanks are never gonna be buffed to its useless now.
    Rogue packs were not buffed. They fixed a glitch where packs only lasted 8 seconds compared to the original 30 seconds. They addressed the glitch in the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transfordark View Post
    They lost their title for best MMO after 2013.
    To much imbalance, Rogues dominating and always favoring the rich.. Good Job! Sts!
    Hahaha no wonder but ill still pt with a war if he/she is good none myth or none arcane i prefer wars over mages coz this season 8 wars will still heal pt soo shield helpful not unlike mages who barely heals with mana and most of them dont even have mana heal, mages now are arrogant if u ask for mana they will yell use pots!! come on u have the insane amount of mana why not do a little charity. Isnt this game supposed to be team work right? pt or random what happend!? Rogues was made to make huge amount of damage to kill fast on the other hand mages was made to do crowd control and heal pt when in need wars job is to hold aggro heal pt with shield and go toe to toe with boss. Soo basically they were designed to be like that there was never an imbalance in my personal point of view, players choose each class for specific reason soo they need to understand what path theyve chose, now its season 8 rogues and wars still doin theres jobs as intended mages mehh not always soo if a player isnt contented easy make 3 toons play em tweak em and decide what class is most fun for them and boom end of story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Hahaha no wonder but ill still pt with a war if he/she is good none myth or none arcane i prefer wars over mages coz this season 8 wars will still heal pt soo shield helpful not unlike mages who barely heals with mana and most of them dont even have mana heal, mages now are arrogant if u ask for mana they will yell use pots!! come on u have the insane amount of mana why not do a little charity. Isnt this game supposed to be team work right? pt or random what happend!? Rogues was made to make huge amount of damage to kill fast on the other hand mages was made to do crowd control and heal pt when in need wars job is to hold aggro heal pt with shield and go toe to toe with boss. Soo basically they were designed to be like that there was never an imbalance in my personal point of view, players choose each class for specific reason soo they need to understand what path theyve chose, now its season 8 rogues and wars still doin theres jobs as intended mages mehh not always soo if a player isnt contented easy make 3 toons play em tweak em and decide what class is most fun for them and boom end of story.
    I got ebola after reading this post... You should be using pots in pve.. Let me guess, youre one of those auto levelers? The only place its okay for a mage to use heal is km3 and regular wilds. Mages are there for crowd control. If you want pure healers so much, go play OaC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Tanks suck because they don't know how to effectively run parties with rogues and mages...

Tanks like to pull mobs as if everyone in the Party has high HP and armor, SO ANNOYING...

TANKS... LISTEN... If you are NOT the one doing the DAMAGE in elite maps DO NOT PULL MOBS!!!!!! Only the person who is DOING the significant damage needs to be the one pulling mobs, which is most likely a rogue... Mages and warriors should NEVER pull mobs seeing as neither of the 2 does significant damage.....

Nothing more annoying as a mage playing having some tank pulling ALL these mobs when there is NO person present doing damage!!!! It is not as easy as it looks controlling those mobs with freeze and clock drop, when not every enemy in the mob is not frozen or rooted they do significant damage and it is just annoying..... Mob pulling should really only be done when running in parties put together before running, not when running RANDOM maps!!! Warriors dont seem to get this...... Then again, some mages and low damage rogues seem to not understand this as well... :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

That is the most ridiculous thing I have read yet.

If there is a tank in the party, he is the one who should be doing the pulls. You don't need damage to pull. It is the person who pulls who takes the aggro first. If a rogue runs ahead and pulls, the warrior has to work 5x harder to attain aggro and then keep it. Remember, aggro is HIS job.

The way it works is this. The warrior goes in front of the party. He gets the dps to wait at a specified spot, goes and gets the mobs, then leads them to where the dps is. When he stops, the mobs obediently gather around him like kids at an ice cream truck. At this time (and not before), the mage drops the clock, the rogues veil the warrior, and then start hitting from the outside of the mob circle while the warrior keeps their attention.

THIS is how the game is meant to be played, flawed mechanics, bugs, and op players aside.

See, this is the whole other problem. Not only are we lacking in skilled, experienced pve warriors (I can count 4 off the top of my head), nobody even knows how to run with one.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Like I SAID... When you have people in parties who DON'T understand this why are they PULLING mobs??? just because you are a tank DOESN'T mean you can pull MOBS.... And if you have something like 3 tanks and 1 mage or like 2 tanks, 1 low damage rogue and 1 mage why are you pulling MOBS????

Like I said before... There ARE a lot of INEXPERIENCED players in this game which is why MOB pulling is not GOOD when running RANDOM maps... EXPERIENCED gameplay should be done when PLAYING with experienced players/preset parties!!!!!!!!

It's not that people DON'T know how to run with warriors, it's that warriors don't know how to RUN!!!! There are certain spots and ways meant for pulling mobs, do it WRONG and a the method that is supposed to help turns into confusion and mayhem!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Like I SAID... When you have people in parties who DON'T understand this why are they PULLING mobs??? just because you are a tank DOESN'T mean you can pull MOBS.... And if you have something like 3 tanks and 1 mage or like 2 tanks, 1 low damage rogue and 1 mage why are you pulling MOBS????

Like I said before... There ARE a lot of INEXPERIENCED players in this game which is why MOB pulling is not GOOD when running RANDOM maps... EXPERIENCED gameplay should be done when PLAYING with experienced players/preset parties!!!!!!!!

It's not that people DON'T know how to run with warriors, it's that warriors don't know how to RUN!!!! There are certain spots and ways meant for pulling mobs, do it WRONG and a the method that is supposed to help turns into confusion and mayhem!!!!
    I play all 3 classes, dear, and have since season 1, but if you look at my signature banner, you will see my main class is rogue. I don't know where you learned to play MMO's but what you are saying in incorrect for class roles in all games. Have you considered that most rogues / mages that try to pull on elites end up dead, unless they are max geared? You need HP to pull, not damage.

Edit: making your points by emphasizing words in shouty caps doesn't make them correct or more believable.
    Last edited by Serancha; 08-15-2015 at 10:40 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    I got ebola after reading this post... You should be using pots in pve.. Let me guess, youre one of those auto levelers? The only place its okay for a mage to use heal is km3 and regular wilds. Mages are there for crowd control. If you want pure healers so much, go play OaC
    If u got ebola goodluck with that lol, heck im a rogue i drink pots like a drunkard soo dont say right away that im an auto leveler im not new FYI, and crowd control thing most mages these days dont have clock which is pathetic even a rogue can do cc with trap it will not always do but still even rogues do support now with veil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Lmao.

Are you serious?

That's the reason why people don't want to run with most warriors.
    Yep the good warrriors that knows what they are doing and skilled once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Theres people of all classes that dont know how to run. When i used to do random planar tombs parties, there would be warriors at the end of the party, mages trying to drop clock in red zone, and rogues trying to kill skeletons instead of mage.(many of the players were nicely geared). There are many warriors that know how to run well. To be honest OWT(Preseason) was one of the best warriors ive run with. Why? Because he knew his role. Its not just warriors that dont know how to run. Its the matter of knowing your role in maps.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Ok im just going to adress each paragraph and correct it, because obviously you are very confused about how different classes work in this game.

The tank is meant to pull, so saying "just because you are a tank doesnt mean you can pull mobs" is completely wrong and shows that either you've never played a tank, or you didnt take even 30 seconds to think about the mechanincs of tanking. Tanks have the highest survivability so they are meant to pull the mobs and get them focused only on themselves.
    If you have three tanks and 1 mage you have to pull even more than usual, for gods sake three tanks and one mage dealing with each mob individually? I guess those who have attempted that still havent finished the map due to it being so slow.
    Let me set you straight on this matter, if you do happen to have a pt of three tanks and one mage you have no rogue that quickly finishes off the monsters and helps you to move on quickly from mob to mob, therefore the fastest way to finish a run with three tanks and one mage is to pull a huge mob together. The spread damage of those four will be more effective because more monsters get hit by the clock, windmill, fireball, skyward smash etc.
    Hope this clears up ur misconceptions regarding this matter.

What are you trying to get at in that second paragraph? A noob shoulnt play like a pro? Well i wish he would but he cant due to the fact that he isnt experienced, I would love to get in an F1 car and drive the same lap as Schuhmacher but i cant, so telling a noob to not play like a pro lacks any logical meaning. That noobs try out things and end up making mistakes? Oh my, how could they? (Irony) Thats exactly what noobs do and should do, mistakes help us learn how to do it better.

Onwards to the third and last paragraph.
    Yes you are right, there are certain spots and ways meant for pulling mobs, there may even be different methods for the same map and both may be effective, I've had that experience for example in elite tindirin that there were several pulls that worked equally well.
    The knowledge of those pull comes by pulling and experiencing which pulls work best so what u stated in the first paragraph that warriors shouldnt pull if they dont know how to is wrong, they wouldnt get the experience to do it right otherwise.
    But its wrong to say "its not the who people dont know how to run with warriors, its the warriors who dont know how to run".
    Actually I've had the experience that even pros, were interfering with my pulls, normally a warrior when he sees there is no risk of party member dying from the mob, will already go on and prepare the next mob for the party, this ensures a fast and efficient clearing of the map.
    But oftentimes players that are pros instead of staying with the party go on and follow me, leaving the others to deal with the remaining mob, obviously now those remaining take longer to clear up the mob and by following me will oftentimes die. He will die because by following me he also pulled aggro and there is no mage to do crowd control and my horn of renew only lasts so long.
    Its a mixture of both many, unexperienced tanks and many more unexperienced rogues and mages (unexperienced in running with tanks) who interfere with the tanks work.
    But even if this were all done in the right way people would still run in full rogue pts cuz theyre faster.
    Last edited by Oezheasate; 08-15-2015 at 12:24 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

From the way you worded this, sounds to me like "Mages are walking mana potions".
    I used to spec to use Heal, but later realized this was ineffective in a lot of maps because it made all the enemies target me (not a good thing considering my current HP stat).
    Now, when I'm running maps, I just use fire, lightning (for bosses)/ice (for everything else), clock, shield.
    Mana potions are a lot cheaper than health potions (I'm not a rich mage, but I have around 4k of each potion, so it makes sense for me not to need heal when potions heal me quicker)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I don't think it's the mages job to give everyone mana. In elites, their damage skills are far more beneficial IMO. Of course there's a cost being a rogue but that's just how it is. Buy pots. Let's sorcerers aoe and let tanks tank.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

And if you have something like 3 tanks and 1 mage or like 2 tanks, 1 low damage rogue and 1 mage why are you pulling MOBS????
    I really want to see 3 tanks and 1 mage running an elite map without pulling. Could you record this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

...If there is a tank in the party, he is the one who should be doing the pulls. You don't need damage to pull. It is the person who pulls who takes the aggro first. If a rogue runs ahead and pulls, the warrior has to work 5x harder to attain aggro and then keep it. Remember, aggro is HIS job.

The way it works is this. The warrior goes in front of the party. He gets the dps to wait at a specified spot, goes and gets the mobs, then leads them to where the dps is. When he stops, the mobs obediently gather around him like kids at an ice cream truck. At this time (and not before), the mage drops the clock, the rogues veil the warrior, and then start hitting from the outside of the mob circle while the warrior keeps their attention...

........Not only are we lacking in skilled, experienced pve warriors...nobody even knows how to run with one.
    [slight edits to show main points]

To all concerned, please read and digest the above, that is how a pt should work and the last statement is so true.

Mages control mobs and not waste a skill by throwing heals, mana is for parasite tanks and rogues who don't want to spend their own gold buying mana pots. Rogues take out the biggest threats. Very simple but very effective
    Last edited by Xorrior; 08-15-2015 at 04:45 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1