Thread: Curiosity of the game! (take a moment to check it out, thanks!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Default Curiosity of the game! (take a moment to check it out, thanks!)

Got some questions:
    1. Is there any guild that almost active 24 hours in elite farming, timed runs, talking about AL knowledge, and PvP?
    What I meant is in 24 hours there almost always people that online to run elite maps for the loots or PvP duel to learn more about the skills.

2. In season 6, is there any non-Arcane Ring players that succeed in timed runs leaderboard? (end lvl, not the lvl 15)

3. Which Arcane pet that most balanced both in PvE, PvP, also for timed runs? (Singe, Samael, Maridos)

4. As a mage, did curse very affective in PvE at current cap lvl?
    as a warrior, why many people think that rally cry unuseful skills?
    as a rogue, did most rogue in AL changes skills from smoke into trap because planar tombs 3?

5. Last, do you think today is too many pets in AL?

Sorry for my bad english grammar and too many question.
    I rarely online and active at forum for a long time.
    Really wanna know the different kind of opinion and perception to answer my questions and keep up to date about the game.
    Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

1. Elite farming nearly dead for the moment, ppl less online for pve, only unexperienced pugs in elite willds. Idk for pvp

2. Imo only lv 15's get the new lb (not sure for endgame)

3. I would say singe for mage, reason : many rog pick maridos for pve, so if u pick singe their aa can be stacked !, in pvp singe for a mage not bad too with large hp and stat boost.

4. Imo curse is useless in pve for the moment, because u can swap rally cry for something offensive or more defensive like venge or jugger, i think yes trap is very usefull in pt3 due to mobs density but i spec both of them, trap and veil

5. Yea many pets, with useless aa lol

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debitmandiri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

. Its usually 4 or 3 maxed out rogue parties that command timed lb

5. The Following User Says Thank You to merch_master For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

*waiting for Sera, Madnex, or Ener to reply*
    I wish I were me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maunyabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Yes

No

Depends upon class(I like Maridos... My djinn is a hunky dory bearded lady)

No

No

Your English is fine lol... I've seen a lot worse. "What place am there seller?"
    Can give the reason why you answer yes and the rest are no, please? (Curious)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Almost all of the top 10 guilds are active enough, u have to keep in mind there is hardly anything besides (dbar) to farm. That's one.

For timed runs its all about speed and efficiency, having the best gear means you can get in with more people with the beat gear and you can dominate the timed runs leaderboard. That's two.

Samael and Maridos have banish. Maridos AA is pretty epic (+15% damage reduction, +15 str/int/dex, and +5% crit). Maridos passive buff is probably the best out of all three arcane pets u mentioned. Singe and samael both have stuns in the aa, singes stun is a terrify whereas samael has a panic. Samael has a banish in its aa. Taking all the points into thought I chose Maridos as my first arcane pet(4 days ago), even though I've always wanted a samael from the day I started playing this game. I decided to settle for Grimm who looks more deathlike than samael, since I can't ever get a nub samael now.
    That would be third.

As a mage curse is useless in PvE, the mechanics can be found in sorc class discussion in the forums.. Don't want to get into boring long words and numbers.

The last question is the easiest to answer;
    How can there ever be too many pets,anywhere ?
    There it is, then.
    Thanks for the reason, very appreciate it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

For leaderboards alot of those 15s arent maxed they have semi normal sets theyve been doing it for many seasons its all about your team pets and knowledge of maps and no u dont need all that fancy stuff to compete just need lots of practice but good luck beating out those guys is nearly a impossible task

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kickazzrogue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

1. I can't speak for other guilds, but I think there is a cycle of activity level that follows the guild members routines. For example, my guild is most active when it is nighttime in Asia/Europe and daytime in the Americas, with the number of members online rising starting at the quest reset time. On week days activity plummets when the Asians/Europeans are at school/work and the Americans asleep. I would assume more homogenous guilds (country-based ones especially) would have more pronounced peaks and valleys in daily activity.

Several responders mentioned the lack of farming opportunities that makes people less inclined to log on. And some guilds have developed systems to communicate off game. I notice that while guild activity in terms of discussions and sharing of experience has dropped as many endgamers come in game rarely, it remains pretty lively off game. For example, we have gear/build/pet/tactics discussions in my guild's Line chat. It's also a way to engage the semi-dormant members who wouldn't come in game unless there is a certainty of activity (people who come in game only when there is a call for pt on Line chat, for example).

2-3. No arcane pets and not a leaderboarder, so not qualified to answer.

4. CMIIW, as I understand it curse effectivity is based on the target's base damage and to a degree, the target's speed of attack, which, IMO makes it less useful in pve where mobs/boss don't hit that fast. Anyway I would still prefer the regular mage cc skills because at least they depend on the mage's own dmg and skills upgrades instead of those of the enemies and well, fire/ice/clock immobilize enemies unlike curse, and I can slot in lightning if I want to inflict more damage.

Rally cry buffs armor, dodge, speed, something you can achieve just as effectively with pets. It doesn't taunt. And warriors already have two buff skills (juggernaut with the stun immunity, vb that buffs dmg), IMO any points you think worth putting in Rally Cry arr better off spent on other skills, especially those that taunt.

Yes, I'm using trap more now in Planar Tomb but still keeping veil for arena.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kickazzrogue View Post
    For leaderboards alot of those 15s arent maxed they have semi normal sets theyve been doing it for many seasons its all about your team pets and knowledge of maps and no u dont need all that fancy stuff to compete just need lots of practice but good luck beating out those guys is nearly a impossible task
    Last update is I heard one of those lvl 15 use 10 para gem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    1. I can't speak for other guilds, but I think there is a cycle of activity level that follows the guild members routines. For example, my guild is most active when it is nighttime in Asia/Europe and daytime in the Americas, with the number of members online rising starting at the quest reset time. On week days activity plummets when the Asians/Europeans are at school/work and the Americans asleep. I would assume more homogenous guilds (country-based ones especially) would have more pronounced peaks and valleys in daily activity.

Several responders mentioned the lack of farming opportunities that makes people less inclined to log on. And some guilds have developed systems to communicate off game. I notice that while guild activity in terms of discussions and sharing of experience has dropped as many endgamers come in game rarely, it remains pretty lively off game. For example, we have gear/build/pet/tactics discussions in my guild's Line chat. It's also a way to engage the semi-dormant members who wouldn't come in game unless there is a certainty of activity (people who come in game only when there is a call for pt on Line chat, for example).

2-3. No arcane pets and not a leaderboarder, so not qualified to answer.

4. CMIIW, as I understand it curse effectivity is based on the target's base damage and to a degree, the target's speed of attack, which, IMO makes it less useful in pve where mobs/boss don't hit that fast. Anyway I would still prefer the regular mage cc skills because at least they depend on the mage's own dmg and skills upgrades instead of those of the enemies and well, fire/ice/clock immobilize enemies unlike curse, and I can slot in lightning if I want to inflict more damage.

Rally cry buffs armor, dodge, speed, something you can achieve just as effectively with pets. It doesn't taunt. And warriors already have two buff skills (juggernaut with the stun immunity, vb that buffs dmg), IMO any points you think worth putting in Rally Cry arr better off spent on other skills, especially those that taunt.

Yes, I'm using trap more now in Planar Tomb but still keeping veil for arena.
    no. 2-3 can be answered if you know the people or just your opinion if very helpful to me, that's more than enough but NP.

Hmmm.. did VB really2 still good ATM?
    I mean it doesn't like the very old VB that regenerates hp n mana so quick. The damage is good so if use it, a war only use 1 skill attack for pve?
    Horn, Jugg, VB, and a skill attack?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post
    no. 2-3 can be answered if you know the people or just your opinion if very helpful to me, that's more than enough but NP.

I mean it doesn't like the very old VB that regenerates hp n mana so quick. The damage is good so if use it, a war only use 1 skill attack for pve?
    Having both Jugg and VB at the same time is redundant. On my warrior I use VB, SS, WM, HoR for normal map/easy elites/event, switching SS with CS at boss. Jugg, SS/CS, WM, HoR for Nordr elite up.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post

My advice? VB is great.
    it ups your health and dps by a significant amount, but most impottant is the mana regen.
    On elite maps, i rarely ever need mana pots, the replenish is significant against strong attacks. Other fact being both its advantages work in tandem.
    One uses VB to increase survival rate, which is when mobs are hitting hard; which automatically is a preferable scenario for mana regen
    A good skill set for pve is SS,HOR,WM,VB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

I suggest Chest Splitter. Skyward Smash isn't really that accurate and longer cd.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

many thanks for the great explanation about skills guys, very appreciate it!

Don't forget also to answer my 5 questions if don't mind.
    Every opinion and details very helpful to me.