Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: June 18, 2015 = Best Day of My Life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Default June 18, 2015 = Best Day of My Life

School ends!!!

I remember NINE months ago I posted this thread :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Off-to-School!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? NINE-FREAKING- MONTHS!!! Well, in a couple more months, I will be a senior in high school. And in another nine months, I will be graduating!!!! Time flies. *Thank GOD*

Well, during those months in school, most of you have not seen me on quite often. If you refer to the thread above, it explains why. Yes, I did achieve my goal with all "As." (Most "A+" some just plain 'ol "A" and one "A-". English Honors.......never good in English) It was not easy at all. In fact, it was, as expected, the hardest year yet.

This summer, I have summer work for AP classes but I will make sure to try to get on more frequently.

As a continuation of the thread above, this is my load next year (I want you guys to share yours if that's ok or comment about something school-related):
    AP Chemistry (The teacher is a joke. He is easier than my Honors Chemistry teacher.)
    AP Physics (Heard it was uber hard)
    AP English (Love the teacher. Interesting and sarcastic)
    AP Government (The teacher just knows how to teach, unconventionally)
    AP Spanish (Most colleges I am looking at requires four years of a foreign language)
    AP Calculus AB (because my school does not offer BC unfortunately)
    CITVC (Amazing course; stands for "Contemporary Issues Through Videoconferencing")
    Anatomy and Physiology Honors (Hopefully, I can do something in the medical field)

It is unfortunate that scheduling is an issue, but it is. I will be called in during the summer when the guidance department decides to create the master schedule for all of the students.

See ya IG,

Sheugokin/Alex
    Last edited by Sheugokin; 06-16-2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: I guess my matriculation into AP English should be revoked.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

pl first school second

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

AP Physics C was the death of me senior year, teacher didn't teach and the stuff was hard to learn. Idk how the changed the AP Physics setup after I graduated, but brace yourself if its anything like Physics C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Wow nice congratulations! You definitely get into the good colleges. Which ones are you looking at?
    Oh and don't forget the dreadful SAT

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Giazagilur For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Congrats man! I wish you the best

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Iheybeautiful For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

gj on completing that goal!

I've got my first year of high school next year :O

Gonna be at a boarding private high
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    pl first school second
    Wish that could be my mantra. Many teenagers, including me, tend to look for instant gratification (partying, etc., etc.) and it is really hard, but I have to resist the temptation and focus on my goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahahahabirdy View Post
    AP Physics C was the death of me senior year, teacher didn't teach and the stuff was hard to learn. Idk how the changed the AP Physics setup after I graduated, but brace yourself if its anything like Physics C.
    My sister took it this year, and yeah she told me it was difficult. My teacher (currently I have her for my Honors Physics and therefore got recommended for AP) is a sweet Russian lady with a heavy accent. BUT SHE IS THE BEST! Learned so much from her honors class and ready to take her next course. The course for AP Physics at our school is geared towards Mechanics and Kinematics, not Electricity and Magnetism.

(BTW, my sister took the exact same courses that I will be taking, except she took regular Calculus instead of AP.And as further proof of your claim, she got all "As" except a "B" in AP Physics.)

Quote Originally Posted by Giazagilur View Post
    Wow nice congratulations! You definitely get into the good colleges. Which ones are you looking at?
    Oh and don't forget the dreadful SAT
    Yeah I took the SATs last October (Subject Test for Chemistry) and this January, May, and June (Subject Tests for Physics, Biology Molecular, and Mathematics Level II). I have a pretty good foundation I think, but much to be improved. I started from a pitiful 1770 at the initiation of my SAT prep classes and ended up with a 2120 at the May sitting. In October I took the Chemistry SAT IIs because I forgot to take them during my sophomore year (Got a whopping 770! ). Still waiting for my June scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheybeautiful View Post
    Congrats man! I wish you the best
    Thanks so much! I will need it! My schedule next year will be hectic if everything turns out the way I want it to.

@All- Thank you for your support guys! I wanna hear from you guys! How is high school/elementary school (those days.....ah.....)/undergraduate school/graduate school/everything else lol.
    Last edited by Sheugokin; 06-16-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    gj on completing that goal!

I've got my first year of high school next year :O

Gonna be at a boarding private high
    I wish you the best of luck. Let me tell you this story.

A kid, currently now in most of my advanced classes, did horribly the first two years of his high school career. His mom graduated from Columbia University Business School at the top of her class, and he is here, wasting his time. He ended up being in the 50th percentile of our class sophomore year. Not too bad, but not too good either. I don't know what happened, but something sure got him going. Entering junior year, he tried so hard to bring up his grades, and they were just good enough to be placed in all, but English (The English Department is so selective in putting students from regular classes to advanced courses.), honors/AP courses.

Now in junior year, he ends the year with extremely high marks. He basically spun his entire academic career around. He now wields the highest GPA in our class this year, but to calculate percentile, our school does averaging of GPAs. It means he is practically screwed from becoming valedictorian (student with the highest cumulative GPA in the class) or salutatorian (student with the second highest cumulative GPA in the class). But he is still trying. Next year, he is now enrolled in all AP/honors classes including AP English.

So what is the message? Build yourself a cushion or a strong foundation rather. That way, you feel better about yourself comes senior year and have the continued work ethics throughout your academic career. Colleges will see your dedication and will acknowledge it whether or not you know it.

Thankfully, I screwed up early and tried hard ever since fifth grade. Now I am in the top <1 percentile. (We have over 300 students and I am ranked third in my class.)

A Chinese saying my mom used to tell me was "Suffer now, riches later, or riches now, suffer later." Which one do you want?
    Last edited by Sheugokin; 06-16-2015 at 04:26 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    pl first school second
    following that path will make u end up on the street begging "can you spare a cent?"
    IGNS: TUBBYBEHR!! LVL 40 REAPER NUKEY. LVL 40 MAGE PALLY SHUMIAN,+ xsmxkitesxfdx ~ 17~ and xsmskitexfdx ~ 27~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeyitsTubs View Post
    following that path will make u end up on the street begging "can you spare a cent?"
    I bet you that the current eSports famous players in League of Legends (Ex: Bjergsen,Doublelift, Sneaky, TheOddOne ["The General"], and etc.) have been told that MANY times. Look at them now. Never immediately associate two topics without a direct correlation.

So no.......

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Thug Life with Sheu
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Etarbitrev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Etarbitrev View Post
    Thug Life with Sheu
    Was on the debate team and was criticized for being overly judgmental and stereotypical.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

School is what you make of it, everyone. Scores, grades, blah blah yeah sure they're all important, and of course they always reflect work ethics and what not. But at the end of the day YOU have the ability to make any school/college worth it. Sheu is an amazing student and excels in the classroom (I'm proud of you Sheu ), but everyone has their own set of strengths and abilities. Always follow your passion because that'll get you where ever it is you want to go on in life, and not just some silly standardized test.

Congrats Sheu, I'm excited to see where your future will take you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    School is what you make of it, everyone. Scores, grades, blah blah yeah sure they're all important, and of course they always reflect work ethics and what not. But at the end of the day YOU have the ability to make any school/college worth it. Sheu is an amazing student and excels in the classroom (I'm proud of you Sheu ), but everyone has their own set of strengths and abilities. Always follow your passion because that'll get you where ever it is you want to go on in life, and not just some silly standardized test.

Congrats Sheu, I'm excited to see where your future will take you
    PERREEEEEECCCCCCCHHH!!!

I totally agree. Unlike this soccer star over here, I have nothing going for me except for academics. So y'all do what y'all best at. Video game aficionado, sports star, writer, inventor, artist, movie star, or celebrity are all good professions. Think about it, if everyone is book smart, how does humanity achieve diversity?

Thanks Will btw.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    PERREEEEEECCCCCCCHHH!!!

I totally agree. Unlike this soccer star over here, I have nothing going for me except for academics. So y'all do what y'all best at. Video game aficionado, sports star, writer, inventor, artist, movie star, or celebrity are all good professions. Think about it, if everyone is book smart, how does humanity achieve diversity?

Thanks Will btw.
    I was similar to you on that I had excelling grades, but that was it. Sure it got me into a competitive college but now I'm struggling academically, so unlike high school I don't have academics to rely on anymore. It definitely got me to revaluate my goals but such is life

You seem genuinely smart and I believe you will achieve the best in your endeavors. I'm going to go off of stereotypes and say you're a future doctor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Was on the debate team and was criticized for being overly judgmental and stereotypical.
    Wait, what rank is your school, AAA or AAAA?
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin;2189462/

My sister took it this year, and yeah she told me it was difficult. My teacher (currently I have her for my Honors Physics and therefore got recommended for AP) is a sweet Russian lady with a heavy accent. BUT SHE IS THE BEST! Learned so much from her honors class and ready to take her next course. The course for AP Physics at our school is geared towards Mechanics and Kinematics, not Electricity and Magnetism.

(BTW, my sister took the exact same courses that I will be taking, except she took regular Calculus instead of AP.And as further proof of your claim, she got all "As" except a "B" in AP Physics.
    I actually had almost the identical schedule my senior year, with the exception of AP Spanish, as I chose to have a free period instead. My AP Physics teacher also taught me honors physics coincedentally. While he did fine with honors, he completely changed with AP. It's good that the Physics you're taking this year isn't focused on E&M, as that was the portion that killed everyone. Went from a 5 on the AP Physics Exam 1 (Mechanics) to a 1 on AP Physics Exam 2 (E&M). Do they still have two AP exams for AP Physics?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Hahahahabirdy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Giazagilur View Post
    I was similar to you on that I had excelling grades, but that was it. Sure it got me into a competitive college but now I'm struggling academically, so unlike high school I don't have academics to rely on anymore. It definitely got me to revaluate my goals but such is life

You seem genuinely smart and I believe you will achieve the best in your endeavors. I'm going to go off of stereotypes and say you're a future doctor?
    Yeah, I think I have been mentally preparing myself. The world out there, I realized, is hella smarter than both you and me (SAT taught me the situations to use "me" or "I"). I mean many of us are academic overachievers in our local school, but the real struggle comes when you need to nationally or even internationally compete for a coveted spot. I know I have, and it is a depressing time when all your life, you have been accepted into this and that, and now you get rejected? It's tough, but life's tough.

Yes, I strive to be a doctor, preferably a private oral surgeon/orthodontist/pediatric dentist. I still got a least 11 years ahead of me. I *think* I have time lol.

I swear, what are stereotypes based off of? Some truth. So it is true that I want to become a doctor.

Thanks for the compliment.

But enough about me,

WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS? Curious to hear!!!!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I bet you that the current eSports famous players in League of Legends (Ex: Bjergsen,Doublelift, Sneaky, TheOddOne ["The General"], and etc.) have been told that MANY times. Look at them now. Never immediately associate two topics without a direct correlation.

So no.......
    Ya look at me now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Yeah, I think I have been mentally preparing myself. The world out there, I realized, is hella smarter than both you and me (SAT taught me the situations to use "me" or "I"). I mean many of us are academic overachievers in our local school, but the real struggle comes when you need to nationally or even internationally compete for a coveted spot. I know I have, and it is a depressing time when all your life, you have been accepted into this and that, and now you get rejected? It's tough, but life's tough.

Yes, I strive to be a doctor, preferably a private oral surgeon/orthodontist/pediatric dentist. I still got a least 11 years ahead of me. I *think* I have time lol.

I swear, what are stereotypes based off of? Some truth. So it is true that I want to become a doctor.

Thanks for the compliment.

But enough about me,

WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS? Curious to hear!!!!
    Doesn't help that affirmative action goes against Asian Americans, but that is another debate

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Giazagilur For This Useful Post: