Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Scaling of old elite maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -no View Post
    What loot would brakenridge contain if all elites were scaled to 46?
    I think it would have to be something in a vanity idea-quest-->pieces from boss--> craft vanity
    If brackenridge or rooks nest contained any new content loot, the prices would drop severely. Those two zones will alwyas be easier, even scaled to 46.
    There are different qualities of the new armour, aren't there? It wouldn't have to be the best - just something viable. Even a chance at tokens, as was already suggested by Shiny, would be fine. Anything to make the currently wasted maps a decent level of difficulty and worthy of running and farming.

Trust me, when rooks nest elite was scaled full level, it was plenty hard.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    There are different qualities of the new armour, aren't there? It wouldn't have to be the best - just something viable. Even a chance at tokens, as was already suggested by Shiny, would be fine. Anything to make the currently wasted maps a decent level of difficulty and worthy of running and farming.

Yes, i remember how hard it was. But with the gear, and pets we have now, elite bradkeridge and rooks will be very easy compared to shuyal/tindirin. Newest content in these zones would be a mistake. As in tokens for fossil, ingredients for nekro/myth gear, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -no View Post
    Yes, i remember how hard it was. But with the gear, and pets we have now, elite bradkeridge and rooks will be very easy compared to shuyal/tindirin. Newest content in these zones would be a mistake. As in tokens for fossil, ingredients for nekro/myth gear, etc.
    I'm sure it's more than possible to scale them so they are comparable in difficulty. It would certainly take less time than making more new maps. The idea is to make all the maps useful and provide end-game players with more than 3 maps to farm for stuff to sell.

I'm not saying put fossil drops on elite Jarl, (I don't believe Jarl is rated as a boss any longer - so wouldn't apply as far as loot goes) I'm saying scale up the maps and put something in them that's going to be worth more than 5K gold, so people have options on what they want to farm.

If what Shiny says is true, and I believe him if he states something as fact, we have one map that 1000+ players will be farming nonstop when expansion comes. How long do you think the items from that map will retain value? I give it 3 weeks tops. If the loot was spread out with a chance to get from any elite boss (with all bosses being level 46) then people would spread out, and no one batch of loot would be overfarmed immediately.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-17-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Love this idea, and I can attest to elite rook nests difficulty in its prime.